Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

5 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Chuck Fletcher is an absolute fraud.  But, even he should be laughing at a ridiculous trade rumor like this.

Ya, because ALL the assets he gave up for Ristolainen wasn't worse than that. 

Oh, yes it was. A lot worse.

12 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Lmao.  Oh, you're that guy that bought the one Holmgren jersey sold...  ;)

You should hold a ceremonial, sacrificial burning of the jersey(even if this trade isn't made) just in hopes of burning off the cancer that Holmgren is to this organization.  Sacrifice for the greater good!!

Twas just a joke. But i only have one true Flyer jersey i bet you can't guess who's it is.

I have many T-Shirts with the emblem on the front and player's name on the back with the number.

Men's Philadelphia Flyers Fanatics Branded Black Authentic Personalized T-Shirt

And truly like these better than an actual jersey. I have many of these types.

But only truly one jersey....you'll never guess who's it is though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Which, again, points to the fraud that is Fletcher and his inability to properly evaluate NHL talent.

I'm telling you these geniuses think they can coach up Risto and turn him into some stud physical shutdown type D man.

The problem i think at the end of the day is he isn't very smart.

Doesn't think the game well and can't ever tell where the play is going....so brains is the one thing holding this Finnish Frankenstein back really.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

After watching the Russian goalies win a lot of games in the division Flyers might fast track theirs by next season.

Guy moves well for 6-7.

All I know is no need to waste money and role on Martin Jones.

Fedotov

Sandstrom

Ersson

Ustimenkov

Someone has to be capable.

Well Bobby Brink sets up the GWer in OT and is headed for a shot at the title Saturday night!!!

They will take on the winner of Minnesota St. vs Minnesota. 

I hope i get home in time to watch it all.

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's a very good goaltender.  His 34 shutouts are especially impressive.  And he's an undrafted Free Agent.

Yeah I seen his stats in 4 years he was 113-19-4 with a 932% in that time.

So not sure because I don't keep up with college hockey like I use if it is the system that Hastings runs there or what or is it the kid.

But someone will certainly sign him soon and it will more than likely be a team with no much goaltending in his path.

Regardless seems like the kid deserved it with stats like that.

I'm good with Bobby winning a title.

Edit: Hoping he wins not guaranteed.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

12 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's a very good goaltender.  His 34 shutouts are especially impressive.  And he's an undrafted Free Agent.

I'm fine with it really seems it has been more of a jinx than anything.

Only a few guys have done really well after winning it...Matt Carle, Johnny Gaudreau, Makar and Eichel off the top of my head but more bust than anything.

But it is the point many think Bobby got robbed.

Fine whatever.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was announced Bobby was dealing with some sort of injury down the stretch in the tournament he didn't look the same like he was laboring with something.

Anways proud of him.

And yes if he is injured keep him away from the Flyer medical staff...

Good to read on the young defenseman...

As well as another young forgotten prospect Connor McClennon in the WHL...

59 games played 40 goals 76 points +37

A 6th round pick in the shadows of Foerster and Wisdom from the 2020 draft.

I wonder how many more kids the Flyers sign they only have space for two more this year.

I am sure they will wait to sign the rest after the end of the season when some of the older prospects in the AHL contracts come off the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me, although I know nothing about the process, it’ll be a heavy lift getting him to North America anytime soon. Sucks for him sucks for us too bc I believe you’re right, Carter could probably use some competition. Just going by youtube clips etc it looks like Fedotov could provide it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Seems to me, although I know nothing about the process, it’ll be a heavy lift getting him to North America anytime soon. Sucks for him sucks for us too bc I believe you’re right, Carter could probably use some competition. Just going by youtube clips etc it looks like Fedotov could provide it.

He may could even back up Hart next season if they aren't going to give Sandstrom the chance.

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is time to bring him over like Isles did Ilya Sorokin. If not now then when??

He will be 26 in November.

The time is now. He can push Hart and the rest of the kids.

I'm sure with the sanctions Russia couldn't wait to help out an American hockey team by sending one of their own over. 

I think we may be back to draft Russian at your own risk times, for now anyway.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm sure with the sanctions Russia couldn't wait to help out an American hockey team by sending one of their own over. 

I think we may be back to draft Russian at your own risk times, for now anyway.

I hadn't seen where there is an issue with that so far but you could be right.

Well I hope the kid finds a way out to pursue his dreams.

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hadn't seen where there is an issue with that so far but you could be right.

Well I hope the kid finds a way out to pursue his dreams.

With Putin running that country, I'd bet it's an issue.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

So if Ovenchicken goes home in the offseason he ain't coming back??

And if that be the case then it could affect all Russian players....well if that is the case what can we do???

Nothing. 

Because it isn't going to be over soon and it is more likely to get worse before it gets better.

Luckily Flyers don't have a lot of Russian prospects.

Provy, Zamula and Fedotov.

I guess it will affect the draft too. 

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So if Ovenchicken goes home in the offseason he ain't coming back??

And if that be the case then it could affect all Russian players....well if that is the case what can we do???

Nothing. 

Because it isn't going to be over soon and it is more likely to get worse before it gets better.

Luckily Flyers don't have a lot of Russian prospects.

Provy, Zamula and Fedotov.

I guess it will affect the draft too. 

Well Ovechkin is buddies with Putin so he can probably come and go as he please. 

I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the rest being allowed to come over while this is going on. Putin might like to see more Russian talent in the KHL...it would make his 10 goal games seem more bona fide!  :hehe:

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

We never really had much luck with Russian players, even the ones we traded for ,like Bryzjerkoff and Zherdev.Yuskevich and Provorov are the only two good ones we ever drafted. Butsayev, Voroybeyev, Bodrov Medvedev and others were all flops. Even the poor kid Tertyshny died in a boating accident during training camp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

We never really had much luck with Russian players, even the ones we traded for ,like Bryzjerkoff and Zherdev.Yuskevich and Provorov are the only two good ones we ever drafted. Butsayev, Voroybeyev, Bodrov Medvedev and others were all flops. Even the poor kid Tertyshny died in a boating accident during training camp.

Hey, one the bright side Medvedev did turn out to be a pretty good Tennis player. 😆

• Haha 2