Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm not afraid to rip on Hextall.

First off great post. 2nd no one should be afraid to ever post your opinion here that is what this place is for. If we all agreed how fun would that be?? Not any.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

WTF was Ron thinking there.

And i am saying this in regard to Ron and Chuck. Scouting drafting isn't exact science.

With that said it too can get tricky when discussing best player available too.

A lot of times it is about projecting so with that comes deciding on which you need/want.

To take a guy with a high floor but low ceiling or the guy with the low floor but high ceiling??

And it is just like this very place many have different guys they like and want and well i imagine the scouts are the same way.

But they are suppose to be unbiased and objectionable and just gather information and yes when asked share their opinions.

And at the end of the day they have to gather all the intel and some how come up with their own board be damned about what other outside think - Flyers have only one club to worry about and that is the Flyers.

That comes with finding guys they can coach up and most importantly fit their systems. Regardless of what all the talking heads say at the end of the day how many countless times have we seen the so called experts be wrong yet none of them come back own that they prefer to bury it and only chirp about the ones that make them look like geniuses.

So as i said it isn't an exact science be able to project kids into the men they will be.

But that is what they are paid to do and they must get it right as much as they can for the Flyers ever to be successful mixing vets with kids.

Now will this current group ever get it right and ever get to a Stanley Cup final again??

Gawd i hope so i can't keep doing this. At the end of the day i hope they can figure it out before i leave this earth.

And if i have ever said something to discount any of you folks opinions i hope it wasn't intended, i love talking about hockey here.

If i did offend anyone or belittle their opinions i apologize i am human and sometimes with that emotions get in the way and well i think at the end of the day we all want the same thing. Never an excuse only and explanation.

Carry on.

Go Flyers!!!!

:salute:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And if i have ever said something to discount any of you folks opinions i hope it wasn't intended, i love talking about hockey here.

If i did offend anyone or belittle their opinions i apologize i am human and sometimes with that emotions get in the way and well i think at the end of the day we all want the same thing.

This season has been the toughest I've ever experienced as a Flyer fan (and I've experienced many ). With that comes a lot of bitching because I'm not a fan of the direction the team is headed. I've had a lot of discussions on here with many, including you, that sometimes may get a little heated. It's nothing personal, it's more directed towards the powers that be that have done this to all our favorite franchise. So I don't take anything you say that way either. Like you said, it would get pretty frickin' dull if we all agreed all the time. 

No worries here.

Oh, and Fletcher sucks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

This season has been the toughest I've ever experienced as a Flyer fan (and I've experienced many ).

Amen brother it has been taxing on all of us. It has even had us swinging on each other it has been so crazy.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

With that comes a lot of bitching because I'm not a fan of the direction the team is headed.

I hear you some of yall saw it coming and i listened to yall but i was willing to let it play out.

And i have been man enough to come here and say yall called it. And i'm not how they get out of it.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I've had a lot of discussions on here with many, including you, that sometimes may get a little heated. It's nothing personal, it's more directed towards the powers that be that have done this to all our favorite franchise.

I agree and i you as well. Yes it is. And i sometimes try to be the voice of reason...and have failed myself sometimes.

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So I don't take anything you say that way either. Like you said, it would get pretty frickin' dull if we all agreed all the time. 

Totally agree i love all you guys and gals here and never try to let it get personal however we are human and this season has tested us all. It is worse than the year when they landed JVR.

Never thought i would say that after that season but here we are.

All i know is we all want the same thing. A Cup win. I want one i don't GAF how we get it (now i may complain at first) but as long as we get it we all will be happy.

I respect all of you all opinions even if we don't agree about everything.

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh, and Fletcher sucks!

I forget this part....yes at this point this sadly is looking like the case.

However if we just change the puppet it will be just another puppet.

They need a new puppet master!!!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, flyercanuck said:

Oh, and Fletcher sucks!

He isn't the only one.

Hey some more good news.

Remember when we were all excited about this....

Provorov

Sanheim

Morin

Ghost

Hagg

Myers

Crazy hoe it all went. Crazy.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Provorov

Sanheim

Morin

Ghost

Hagg

Myers

Crazy who it all went. Crazy.

I still think there's something wrong with how Philly develops, which doesn't bode well for any of the young guys. 

It's hard to believe all those guys who actually looked pretty impressive at one point have ALL regressed. Morin has had an unbelievable string of bad luck injury problems, so I get what his problem is. 

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I still think there's something wrong with how Philly develops

Has to be. HAS TO BE.

WTF is the point of collecting all this talent and then you have no clue on how to get these kids to unlock and develop further here???

What are we doing here??? I can't say i know. i have to question Lappy's presence in Leigh Valley.

I know he is good with young players but that doesn't mean he knows how to coach a whole team into a playoff team.

This is concerning to me as well. It feels like no matter what it isn't going to change any time soon.

It is plod on....

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I still think there's something wrong with how Philly develops, which doesn't bode well for any of the young guys. 

Ronnie meet the Flyers...

About to see then....

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Has to be. HAS TO BE.

WTF is the point of collecting all this talent and then you have no clue on how to get these kids to unlock and develop further here???

What are we doing here??? I can't say i know. i have to question Lappy's presence in Leigh Valley.

I know he is good with young players but that doesn't mean he knows how to coach a whole team into a playoff team.

This is concerning to me as well. It feels like no matter what it isn't going to change any time soon.

It is plod on....

It goes beyond LV...Provorov, Sanheim, Myers and Konecny were looking really good until a couple years ago. Ghost too but injuries hurt him. 

Just now, flyercanuck said:

It goes beyond LV...Provorov, Sanheim, Myers and Konecny were looking really good until a couple years ago. Ghost too but injuries hurt him. 

It pissees me off they had to get rid of Ghost for Risto the most....of all the moves i have seen.

Even of signing Hayes.

I would have rather them taken a run at Risto come seaons end than just get rid of Ghost like they did.

I'd rahter even had Gudas back than sign Risto. It feels like the dumbest move i have seen since watching the Flyers or my memory won't let me acess one worse in my head...other than Mcdud of course.

This is the Finnish version of that all over again. I have been reading them my move Ivan.

San Ant even discuss this the other day he heard it. They have to blow the office up before something stupid happens.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It pissees me off they had to get rid of Ghost for Risto the most....of all the moves i have seen.

Even of signing Hayes.

I would have rather them taken a run at Risto come seaons end than just get rid of Ghost like they did.

I'd rahter even had Gudas back than sign Risto. It feels like the dumbest move i have seen since watching the Flyers or my memory won't let me acess one worse in my head...other than Mcdud of course.

This is the Finnish version of that all over again. I have been reading them my move Ivan.

San Ant even discuss this the other day he heard it. They have to blow the office up before something stupid happens.

Provorov would end up being exactly what we want in a defenceman if he gets moved. 

I'm wearing my Ghost/pacman t-shirt as I type this...

I never liked Hayes game before Philly signed him for 7 years.

Never liked Ristolainen either.

And you wonder why I loathe Fletcher...:mad:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

And you wonder why I loathe Fletcher

Well with only 14 skaters under contract and only 8.1 mill cap space to work with something is going to have to give.

I am good with filling out the roster bottom 6 with youth instead of Thompson types.

Sandstrom should be backing up Hart. Those things like that need to be happening that they are going to fill the roster with their own players than ones they covet elsewhere.

I am hope Ellis can save Provorov career here.

And it is strange how Sanheim has come on lately it seems with Risto riding shotgun than Myers.

Strangely it seems the Charmin twins just didn't have chemistry.

And he has been waived in Nashville.

The fact that Sanheim can still play a good game is a testament to that with what i have seen of Rasmus.

43 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's hard to believe all those guys who actually looked pretty impressive at one point have ALL regressed. Morin has had an unbelievable string of bad luck injury problems, so I get what his problem is. 

Look back on our history, we have always been horrible at drafting and developing defensemen. We drafted lots of first round flops. We traded for every top dman we ever had, Howe,McCrimmon, Dailey, Desjardins, Carle , Timonen and Pronger . Other than Jimmy Watson I don't think there is one defensemen we drafted who spent more than 3-4 years in Philly.

I think the most talented dman we we've drafted was Behn Wilson, as a rookie he had 56 points and 200+ penalty minutes,beat up everyone and he was looking like an all star, we ran him outta town. Niinima was looking good then he regressed and was traded Ghost was a third round steal, we paid to trade him and he's having a very good season away from Philly. Our latest victims are Provorov and Meyers. Provy had a tremendous year and has regressed for two years, Meyers and Sanheim looked like a great duo, Meyers hit a wall and never recovered. Sanheim is probably our best defensemen this season. This has gone on for 40 years.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well with only 14 skaters under contract and only 8.1 mill cap space to work with something is going to have to give.

I am good with filling out the roster bottom 6 with youth instead of Thompson types.

Sandstrom should be backing up Hart. Those things like that need to be happening that they are going to fill the roster with their own players than ones they covet elsewhere.

And it is strange how Sanheim has come on lately it seems with Risto riding shotgun than Myers.

The fact that Sanheim can still play a good game is a testament to that with what i have seen of Rasmus.

Someday guys like Fletcher/Homer/Clarke will realize having a lot of cap space that they need to fill up with whoever has always been their downfall.

I've always been fine with rebuilding from within. I enjoy watching it. I've just never got to see it go through on the Flyers...ever.

I hope Ellis can play too...well!

Well there was that season a couple years ago when Sanheim and Myers were our best pair. I have no idea what happened to Myers after that...other than Flyers development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Some people in the know say that being an above average dman in the NHL is the hardest thing in sports.

To that end, I would suggest that being a dman with the Flyers takes it to another level. One of the reasons , IMHO  is the really below average group of forwards, as well as the system they are asked to play. The forwards lead the league by a wide margin in not moving their feet. They are a low IQ group, and they are lazy without the puck. That makes being a Flyer dman way harder than it needs to be. I could go on and on about all the basic things they do poorly. Wrong side of the puck, one hand on the stick, reaching vs moving, stuff 10 year olds do better.

• Good Post 1

37 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Some people in the know say that being an above average dman in the NHL is the hardest thing in sports.

To that end, I would suggest that being a dman with the Flyers takes it to another level. One of the reasons , IMHO  is the really below average group of forwards, as well as the system they are asked to play. The forwards lead the league by a wide margin in not moving their feet. They are a low IQ group, and they are lazy without the puck. That makes being a Flyer dman way harder than it needs to be. I could go on and on about all the basic things they do poorly. Wrong side of the puck, one hand on the stick, reaching vs moving, stuff 10 year olds do better.

Well said and somone needs to teach Risto the proper way to kind of clear the porch goddamn that is the one thing he is suppose to excel at.

And that doesn't mean just gomover to the forward setting the screen and STAND BY HIM doing nothing useful at all except HELP HIM WITH THE DAMN SCREEN!!!!!!

Holy sweet baby Jesus where do they find all these traffic cones....

...sorry rant over.

It is like if he isn't doing that he is literally running Cart Hart there has to be a point in the near future Carter tells management either he goes or i go....

...ok rant really over with.

Later.

@BobbyClarkeFan16

Thanks for that post.

I always enjoy reading posts like that from you even when I'm not agreeing.

One thing I think about when I think about the draft is opinions are like butts...

So maybe, for whatever reason, York was higher on their board than he was on Button's or yours. Maybe there was something they didn't like about Boldy or they didn't get to see him enough.

Drafting and projecting who is going to become what based on how they behave as a 17-year-old is as much art as it is science. The analytics help, but who knows when a growth spurt happens or doesn't.

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

We traded for every top dman we ever had, Howe,McCrimmon, Dailey, Desjardins, Carle , Timonen and Pronger

Braydon Coburn, Dan McGillis, Luke Richardson, Kim Johnsson and Mark Streitas well.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well there was that season a couple years ago when Sanheim and Myers were our best pair. I have no idea what happened to Myers after that...other than Flyers development.

Evidently Nashville couldn't develop him either. 

I think that kid not a quick enough thinker to play in the NHL. 

• Like 1

@RonJeremy

I don't think the Flyers hang in there with these defenseman they draft. It has been said on this very page becoming an NHL defenseman is maybe the toughest thing in sports. I don't think the 300 game rule applies to non superstar defenseman.

They need longer. We're seeing growing pains with Provorov and Sanhiem I think they may get over the hump developmentally soon. 

It would be cool to have 2 spots on the roster that are plug and play.

Edited by mojo1917

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well you're not wrong there... but he sure looked like a free 1st round pick for a few years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I remember that Nashville leaked out that Myers lacked basic fundamentals in terms of puck handling and even stick holding. Myers (and countless other Flyers prospects) for away with doing whatever they wanted in Lehigh Valley and there was no skill development what so ever. Myers has the skill and ability,  but the fundamentals need to be addressed. He's big and can skate. That's all what Myers offers right now. Too bad because if someone could get through and harness that talent, he'd be an all world defender. Another player that Scott Gordon ruined in the development system put together by Hextall. If there was one area where Hextall failed, player development was it. 

• Like 1

One other point worth making about playing defence in the NHL. All the legit cup contenders (sans Carolina) this year added to their blue line at the deadline. Thats how hard it is. The best teams in the league wanted to be better. Bigger, stronger, faster, better on the powerplay, better first pass, smarter, more blocked shots, better clearing the crease, better gap control, less giveaways, better positionally, better at not getting slammed into the boards by a 200 pound snorting man going 40 km/h 30 to 40 times a game. Its really hard to play defence in the NHL.

• Good Post 1