Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

With Putin running that country, I'd bet it's an issue.

We never really had much luck with Russian players, even the ones we traded for ,like Bryzjerkoff and Zherdev.Yuskevich and Provorov are the only two good ones we ever drafted. Butsayev, Voroybeyev, Bodrov Medvedev and others were all flops. Even the poor kid Tertyshny died in a boating accident during training camp.

• Like 2
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How will letting a 1st round pick play through a playoff run on a good team as opposed to playing on one of the worst teams in the league help the Flyers next year? It won't...but it should help Foerster get back to at least where he was before he got injured. 

Frost won't learn anything more in the AHL.  If he is going to meet his potential he needs to get quality (12+) minutes per game in the NHL.  There comes a point when players need to play against better competition to get better.   Over the next 1-2 years we'll see if Frost makes the progression to meet his potential.  

The whole Toronto team is poorly constructed and has been for years. They never win anything. Marner has skill and that’s what we lack. We need to draft or acquire some skilled guys and other than the draft , I don’t see any other options. The Rangers got a Porsche in Panarin and we got a broken down station wagon in Hayes. Sometimes if the top UFA is not interested, then you should forget about option two. If you can’t get the Porsche , forget the station wagon.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

We never really had much luck with Russian players, even the ones we traded for ,like Bryzjerkoff and Zherdev.Yuskevich and Provorov are the only two good ones we ever drafted. Butsayev, Voroybeyev, Bodrov Medvedev and others were all flops. Even the poor kid Tertyshny died in a boating accident during training camp.

Hey, one the bright side Medvedev did turn out to be a pretty good Tennis player. 😆

• Haha 2
On 4/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Great job Lappy!!!!

https://theahl.com/stats/standings

Bridgeport clinched.  Once again, if anyone was watching LHV play and believed they had a shot at making the playoffs, they clearly had no idea what they were watching.  Lappy, Armstrong, Smith and Downey all need to be replaced and left to look for employment with other organizations.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well this ******** sucks...

Well of course that happened....Jesus Christ!!!

• Uggh... 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope they can get this guy signed and playing over in the North America next season....

lol I love your persistence @OccamsRazor! but the odds of getting him out of Russia are probably not good. I have no idea but it seems like a bad time to ask Vlad for an emigration visa!

But I'm glad you're sharing the info. Do you happen to know - has he ever said he wants to be an NHL goaltender? I mean besides whatever he told the scouts in 2015. You have to wonder why he's still in Russia 7 years after he was drafted. Has he been playing this well all along (what you quoted) or maybe he's a late bloomer?

If you can flesh out the story a bit I'm sure we'd all be grateful. Aren't the Flyers fairly weak in goalie prospects? Maybe a Russian hotshot could help rebuild this wreck of a team (as long as he's nothing like Brzygalov). But with goalies it's hard to tell they're all pretty crazy.*

*usually in a good way though!

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

lol I love your persistence @OccamsRazor! but the odds of getting him out of Russia are probably not good. I have no idea but it seems like a bad time to ask Vlad for an emigration visa!

But I'm glad you're sharing the info. Do you happen to know - has he ever said he wants to be an NHL goaltender? I mean besides whatever he told the scouts in 2015. You have to wonder why he's still in Russia 7 years after he was drafted. Has he been playing this well all along (what you quoted) or maybe he's a late bloomer?

If you can flesh out the story a bit I'm sure we'd all be grateful. Aren't the Flyers fairly weak in goalie prospects? Maybe a Russian hotshot could help rebuild this wreck of a team (as long as he's nothing like Brzygalov). But with goalies it's hard to tell they're all pretty crazy.*

*usually in a good way though!

But why would HE be different than any other Russian NHL player or even draft prospect?

They all need a visa.

Remember he was a 7th round pick who was going to need some time to develop and it looks like he is ready.

As far as his story and why it took so long Appleyard would know better but if he wasn't a legit option to come over he wouldn't be giving us reports still on him.

You notice he isn't giving us any Denis Bodrov reports or Vorobyev updates.

The Isles Sorokin was drafted in 2014 and didn't play a NHL game till 6 years later.

The Rangers goalie was drafted in 2014 and didn't get a NHL game till 2019-20.

So maybe Russian take longer but I don't have an answer for you that wouldn't be guessing.

• Like 1

The visa isn't an issue.

He's pretty much always had strong numbers.  His winning percentage could have been better on the Chelyabinsk teams.  But, that got a bit better this season with Moskva.

I believe either he or Sandstrom should have been Hart's backup this season, if this front office had a bit of competence and didn't decide to bring in another veteran project in Jones.  I think either of them with Hart would have been good competition for both goaltenders to be the starter.  That probably would have made both of them better.

But, one big issue is that Dillabaugh would still have been coaching both of them.  And, knowing this front office, the same excuses will be regurgitated, and he'll be back again next season.

• Good Post 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So when do the Flyers sign this kid?? WTF are they waiting for get him on the Phantoms next year!

43 goals 81 points in 62 games i've seen enough give the man a contract.

Give him Sushko's slot even that kid hasn't done much of anything and will be 24 next season.

Make room for the 19 year old. No need to hold onto bottom 6 NHLers at best.

Flyers need guys who can find the twine....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So when do the Flyers sign this kid?? WTF are they waiting for get him on the Phantoms next year!

Pretty sure he's on the verge of getting the ELC.  If there's even a lick of competence in this front office, that is.  They have until June 1st or they lose his rights.

Edited by FireDillabaugh
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Pretty sure he's on the verge of getting the ELC.  If there's even a lick of competence in this front office, that is.  They have until June 1st or they lose his rights.

Well they are morons if they don't sign him - you couldn't ask for better production from a 6th round pick.

Phantoms can use all the help they can get they must get back to playoff hockey anything less is unacceptable...

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well they are morons if they don't sign him - you couldn't ask for better production from a 6th round pick.

Phantoms can use all the help they can get they must get back to playoff hockey anything less is unacceptable...

He'd be a nice fit with his linemate Matthew Savoie, wouldn't he?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He'd be a nice fit with his linemate Matthew Savoie, wouldn't he?

I would think so.

I can't ever tell what these morons are up too.

Seems he has earned the contract so why would he still be unsigned.

They have already enough guys who haven't made it.

Give him the chance to show if he is ready or not unless they would rather give a contract to some career AHLer or SHL guy like Sandin who hasn't shown anything.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:48 PM, FireDillabaugh said:

The visa isn't an issue.

Google "Russian hockey emigration" and there are concerns. For instance:

The Ukrainian embassy in Ottawa asked the Canadian government to stop issuing new work permits and travel visas to Russian athletes on March 2, according to TSN.

According to an article in the Canadian outlet The Sports Network (TSN), Kirkwood does not expect the U.S. government to revoke the visas of Russian players already in America “but there is a very real and valid concern about what could happen with new visas in the future.”

Well seems another defenseman is joining the Phantoms...

...well he will bring some size to the back end. Seems he has a ways to go to get back in the plan.