Newest JVR RumoUrs

ruxpin

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

So replacing the 3rd and 4th line centers doesn't necessarily change the pressure on young master Sanheim.

Well my crystal ball is in the shop but I will say that this can't be proven right now anyways....

...but if those two can increase how much the Flyers HAVE the puck and not chasing it and spending more time in the offensive zone instead of defensive zone then this does help Sanheim out.

The more he is NOT defending is going to help him and the whole team because the opposition can't score without the puck unless a Flyers knocks into their own net which we have seen...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The more he is NOT defending is going to help him and the whole team because the opposition can't score without the puck unless a Flyers knocks into their own net which we have seen...

I get the whole "team D" thing and the influence it can have.

come on chocolate GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
Ivan Provorov
IVAN PROVOROV

Rating: 76.3#8 LD

Ryan Ellis
RYAN ELLIS

Rating: 77.0#9 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 76.62#3 DL1
Travis Sanheim
TRAVIS SANHEIM

Rating: 74.8#20 LD

Rasmus Ristolainen
RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

Rating: 73.0#40 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.92#11 DL2
Keith Yandle
KEITH YANDLE

Rating: 73.5#43 LD

Justin Braun
JUSTIN BRAUN

Rating: 71.8#68 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 72.63#8 DL3

First pairing: That's probably a middle of the pack first pairing.

Second Pairing:  If both players do something they've never done in their careers, they might be ok.

Third Pairing:  Welcome, sir, let me show you to your goal.  May I get you anything else?

Edit:  After posting the above, I actually went searching for lists of every teams' defense and found the following article that has us ranked as the THIRD best defense in the NHL!  https://thehockeywriters.com/ranking-nhl-teams-by-defencemen/

I think that's crazy, but maybe I'm the crazy one.  I just see two #2s, two what ifs, and two has beens.

Edited by SCFlyguy

Aves already letting players leave like Saad because of a cap crunch and they will trade Burakowsky, who makes 3.5 mill and is 6 years younger than JVR?? 

Fiala is 7 years younger coming into his prime and trending up, why would the Wild do this?

Forsberg is a legit top line player with no center in Nashville, or he would be an outright star.

The crappy rebuilding Ducks are going to take one of their only worthwhile veteran assets and trade him for a more expensive 32 year old JVR??

If your gonna try and make spaghetti stick to the wall...try boiling it first!! WTF, what a lame ass attempt at journalism!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I just see two #2s, two what ifs, and two has beens.

Sure at this point we can claim anything and no one can be proven wrong. I am going to wait to make a judgement call on it like after camp and preseason and after they have played a few months before we really know.

We may double back by then and you be absolutely right. I get it if anyone isn't impressed.

After what we saw last season and then know the past of the guys they acquired it is possible this all blows up in Chuckles face. However i admit on paper it could also look genius come 2022 too.

As i told @radoran my crystal ball is in the shop i can only go so far either way in what to expect.

All i do know for sure if Hart and Jones do not play better in goal this team will not win games.

There were so good additions like i think Ellis is going to be very good for Ivan. But who knows chemistry with each other is what matters most and that comes through playing together.

Time will tell on all of of it...but i also admit look at the paper lineup it doesn't look that bad.

If only the Cup was won on paper...so here we are waiting. I just want some hockey to watch.

:PopcornSmiley2: