Kirill Kaprizov signs 5-Year, $45 Million Deal

CreaseAndAssist

Michael Russo@RussoHockey on May,16,2022.

Kirill Kaprizov and translator Ilya. He’s heading home later today: “This year was so much better than last year. My English is a little better. My parents can come. I can talk to people at restaurants a little.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Confrontational said:

^^ The article after that one - on Dumba - left me a little bewildered at how well Dumba did this year...

I think a lot of people see what they want to see with Dumba. Dumba could play like Bobby Orr and there will still be people that hate on him. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, Confrontational said:

^^ The article after that one - on Dumba - left me a little bewildered at how well Dumba did this year...

Actually, this talk should be at Dumba thread, but not Kaprizov. I just looked for Dumba stats in entire NHL career at eliteprospects. He played in NHL so far for 9 seasons. He is 2012 1st round;7 overall draft by Minnesota Wild. His best seasons were 2016-2017 (34 points(11 goals;23 assists; +/- +15) in 76 games) and 2017-2018 (50 points(14 goals;36 assists; +/- +15) in 82 played games). And during the last 2021-2022 season he had 27 points(7 goals;20 assists; +/- +9) in 57 played games. He played 81 games in 2015-2016 season and 82 games in 2017-2018 season. In other 7 seasons he played less. It seems injuries were involved into that part too.

Edited by Alexandron

• 1 month later...

I just listened on YouTube Michael Russo talk " Michael Russo breaks down the Kirill Kaprizov situation with Dan Barreiro". I am also listened Kaprizov's interview. It seems he has difficulties to get visa to USA.

Interesting, I was thinking about that even during spring, it would be better if he will not fly after playoff season was done for the Wild team this year.

I still don't know what difficulties he has to come and to play in NHL. From some sources he applied twice to get a working visa to USA, but it was refused. Last year it was more simple to get a working visa during Covid pandemics. From other sources, he needed to break his vacation and already involved in practicing at CSKA club, which is holding him there as well as other 4 players which supposed to play in NHL, AHL... but have problems to receive a permission to fly to US. Very uncertain situation , probably, we will have till September.

Interesting, I was listening Kaprizov's interview about 3 weeks ago before that situation. Media asked him few questions:

Who do you like the most in our team? He said Zuccarello, Foligno, Dumba , Spurgeon because they were able to boost the team mentality most of the time for the win when we were losing during the game. It happened 18 times last season, if he remembered. Especially he mentioned Foligno.

Media also asked if he ever cried/ had tears. He said yes( one drop) when we were eliminated after the 1st playoffs round.

Other question was regarding if he is aggressive during the game when opposite players are aggressive to him. He said he usually very calm with only one think to play well for the win.

One of the last question was . Whom he would like to play with from current and former players? He mentioned few players : Zuccarello, Shesterkin, Macar, McKinnon, Datsyuk.

• 2 weeks later...

The CSKA Moscow is the former soviet Red Army team, so I don't think this smells really good right now. I'm concerned that Kaprizov entering the club's training facilities was like Sgt. Hopper going back to the Kamtchatka jail after escaping from it. 

• Uggh... 1

On 5/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, IllaZilla said:

I think a lot of people see what they want to see with Dumba. Dumba could play like Bobby Orr and there will still be people that hate on him. 

I think there is a fair amount of truth to this; however I think it can also be argued that people see Bobby Orr in maybe a brief flash of Matt Dumba's game and give him far more credit than he's deserved.  

As for updates on Kaprizov.  He was recently seen vacationing in Turkey.  Getting out of Russia doesn't really seem to be too much trouble for him; its getting into the U.S. that is the issue because he still doesn't have a work visa.  Would Russia handled him differently if that visa status were to change, maybe...but right now...the lack of a visa is keeping him from coming to the U.S.  

I am not 100% sure how work visa's are issued; my guess is the country you are entering is the entity that would be granting them.  So that would lead me to believe this is more of a U.S. issue than a Russia issue.  U.S. State Department has a pretty big backlog for these things by what I've heard.  

• Like 1

Excellent news from Russo:

Michael Russo@RussoHockey

#mnwild star Kirill Kaprizov has officially touched down in the State of Hockey.

I am glad that finally he has got a work visa and he is here now. We never know how the situation will change later. Better to have him earlier than later before the season is starting and to worry how he will be able to come or not to come here and who will replace him in the 1st line .  In his latest interview a couple months ago media asked him if he was able to discover some great places of Mother Nature of Minnesota including Lake Superior. He answered not yet because of a very busy games schedule. I think, now he will have at least a month and a half of doing this and maybe fishing too, which he likes a lot. I know lots of our players like fishing at Minnesota lakes and maybe some one will take him there too.

6 hours ago, Math said:

Great news, I initially thought he was in a way worse situation than the actual one.

From the news today, I found out that it was a huge help from the Wild club, which also insisted him to come 8 weeks earlier to avoid a possible way worse situation during the fall. Thanks to the Wild organization abled to resolve this problem in the really right time!!!

Now we have two full lines:

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello;

Greenway -EEK- Foligno.

The most questionable now are lines #3 and #4 which must be dramatically improved, because our former 2nd Wild star Fiala, who played for the 3rd line(85 points(33 goals;52 assists;+/- +23) in 82 games last season) is gone to LA team (signed a 7 year pretty good deal contract on $55.125 mill. ($7.875 mill. per season). An interesting fact also, Fiala was a polyglot too (he knows 5 languages).

Is Boldy able to replace Fiala in that productive status for the line#3 or we need to look for an additional high scoring forward in line#4?

Here are more details from Michael Russo article about the intense tension regarding Kaprizov return to the US before season 2022-23 start.  It seems lots of work behind the scene combined with stress. Definitely, next year he should use his vacation here to avoid same situation.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:55 AM, Alexandron said:

Here are more details from Michael Russo article about the intense tension regarding Kaprizov return to the US before season 2022-23 start.  It seems lots of work behind the scene combined with stress. Definitely, next year he should use his vacation here to avoid same situation.

So Kap is here...Yay. But nothing has been resolved if even the media (Russo especially) can't clarify if he's been able to get a work visa. Also if he's been cleared that he 'might have' Bought a fake ID.
Russia could easily put pressure on him to return by who knows...Imprisioning a family member? 
If Kap did in fact falsify a Military ID,  Then that will be in the back of his mind all the time.
Ever since Kap landed in the US, There's been almost 0 info on the situation (That I've heard) But like Russo says "The Wild were dismayed when Kaprisoz panicked and decided to return to Russia."
How the hell does Russo know that? Lol, Nice writing for drama. He didn't have any options at that time. Simply put.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:38 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

As for updates on Kaprizov.  He was recently seen vacationing in Turkey.  Getting out of Russia doesn't really seem to be too much trouble for him; its getting into the U.S. that is the issue because he still doesn't have a work visa.  Would Russia handled him differently if that visa status were to change, maybe...but right now...the lack of a visa is keeping him from coming to the U.S.  

I am not 100% sure how work visa's are issued; my guess is the country you are entering is the entity that would be granting them.  So that would lead me to believe this is more of a U.S. issue than a Russia issue.  U.S. State Department has a pretty big backlog for these things by what I've heard.  

Completely agree with you. Finally, he has got a work visa. Without this he would not be able to enter officially to the U.S. From my understanding he was trying to fly from Dubai, Turkey and even from Germany (according to some media), but was denied entry to the U.S.  In my opinion also, without the Wild organization help he would have difficulties to come here. I did not hear any news from different sport media , including Russian media too that he has problems with his military ID card, but media said about problems to get a visa to US. If he had problems with his military ID card, than he would not be able to go to Dubai, Turkey and Germany. It is impossible to play for any player at CSKA (Red Army Club) and to have an expiration for military ID card. I am glad the problem with visa was resolved earlier and he is practicing already here with other Wild players (Hartman, Spurgeon, Merrill and etc.). No one knows how the political situation will turn during the fall. To miss our star during the season would be very painful for the Wild club as well as for the WILD fans.

Edited by Alexandron

• 3 weeks later...

According to this recent data Kaprizov named third among the best top NHL wingers. Interesting that Panarin was placed on the 8th place. I have seen some comparison data among these two players where both are practically equal in their top professional hockey play. 

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2022/8/23/23311809/minnesota-wild-news-kirill-kaprizov-top-winger-list-nhl-network

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

StatsCentre

@StatsCentre

Nov 10

Most goals scored by a primary left winger within their first 150 career NHL games:

170- Cy Denneny

91- Alex Ovechkin

89- Aure Joliat

86- Luc Robitaille

85- Rick Martin

84- Kirill Kaprizov (Potting 2 in game #149 to help the

@mnwild down the Ducks 4-1 Wednesday)

82- Roy Conacher