Tyler Bertuzzi opts to not get covid shot

yave1964

LEAVING THE POLITICS OUT OF IT

Tyler bertuzzi has opted to not get the covid19 vaccine, meaning he will not be allowed to travel with the wings to Canada for their 9 games north of the border this season.

“It’s a personal choice, freedom of choice, and life choice,” Bertuzzi said Thursday after participating in the first day of training camp at Centre Ice Arena. Asked if being able to play in Canada weighed into his decision, Bertuzzi said, "a little bit. But it was a life decision. Personal choice, and I made it.”

Asked about the scientific evidence regarding vaccine he replied, "its personal."

As a Wings fan, I feel he is letting the team down by missing roughly twelve percent of the games, more states such as California and New York may make it where you must be vaccinated to play, it is an untenable situation in my opinion.  Larkin, the team captain and Bertuzzi's best friend defended his friends right to not get the shot. 

By not playing in Canada Bert will forfeit roughly four hundred and fifty thousand dollars in game checks.

Bert and his fiancée are expecting their first baby.

45 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

LEAVING THE POLITICS OUT OF IT

Tyler bertuzzi has opted to not get the covid19 vaccine, meaning he will not be allowed to travel with the wings to Canada for their 9 games north of the border this season.

“It’s a personal choice, freedom of choice, and life choice,” Bertuzzi said Thursday after participating in the first day of training camp at Centre Ice Arena. Asked if being able to play in Canada weighed into his decision, Bertuzzi said, "a little bit. But it was a life decision. Personal choice, and I made it.”

Asked about the scientific evidence regarding vaccine he replied, "its personal."

As a Wings fan, I feel he is letting the team down by missing roughly twelve percent of the games, more states such as California and New York may make it where you must be vaccinated to play, it is an untenable situation in my opinion.  Larkin, the team captain and Bertuzzi's best friend defended his friends right to not get the shot. 

By not playing in Canada Bert will forfeit roughly four hundred and fifty thousand dollars in game checks.

Bert and his fiancée are expecting their first baby.

All I can say about it if/when you catch it don't go to the hospital then and seek help.

They have offered help and you refused it.

You to lie in the bed you made...

:salute:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

All I can say about it if/when you catch it don't go to the hospital then and seek help.

They have offered help and you refused it.

You to lie in the bed you made...

I've always screamed that at the television during hurricanes.  They tell you for 3-4 days to evacuate.   ALWAYS someone living right at the damn beach decides to stay. "You ain't chasing me from my home.  This is all hype and stupidity.  I've been through 40 of these storms in the past two months (or nearly equally ridiculous number/timeframe) and it taint nuttin!   911?  There be water everywhere!  Help!  We drownin' here.  Hurry the hell up and have first responders risk their life in a hellycoptor and dangle from a chain ladder to save my stupid, sorry a##! WHERE THE HELL ER YA?  i'm gettin wet up here on dah roof!  Is dat you?  NO!  It's WSUK Traffic Coptor!"

Every time.  Pisses me off.   And this is no different except that it's not just their stupid ### or the first responders they're putting at risk--though that's more than bad enough.   This is not only deciding against common sense to stay on the beach.  This is blowing up and barricading the roads off the island and trapping all your neighbors.

• Like 4

One's freedom stops where it overlaps the others' freedom.

Canada and most part of Europe and in the middle of the 4th wave, the wave of the unvaxxed, putting health care systems under pressure and responsible for more restrictions, school closures, etc. Can these people who are directly affected in their jobs and in their lives by these consequences (and I'm not speaking about mental health) claim their freedom of choice for that? Why should the large majority of people be held as hostages and pay the price because of the freedom of choice of this tiny minority of a$$wipes? Mankind is facing the biggest challenge in terms of health (a matter of life) in one century and there's still people in denial (Or maybe they really like this world, who knows...). So they can just take their "freedom of choice", roll it, and stick it deep inside their asses.

Back tohockey and the NHL, I totally agree with the Jackets' and Devils' position towards that. Coach refuses to get vaccined? Go find another job. And as a player? Enjoy the AHL or some european minor league.

(Feels better now)

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

Hopefully his fiancée is vaccinated to protect herself and their child. If Tyler is going to be selfish and only going to think about himself, she should think about herself and her baby.

I've often wondered if this pandemic is God's Ultimate Darwin Awards...

• Like 3

Seems like a tough spot for Dylan Larkin too. 

I think Bertuzzi is acting selfishly and being foolish; it is a great combination for the times we're living in.

Never mind, the potential positive impact his getting vaccinated may have on his community; he's going to be travelling outside of his bubble, he is potentially the vector that sickens his young family.

I don't wish him well. 

I hope he doesn't get sick, sicken or kill his loved ones though because I'm not a monster.

He can **** all the way off.

He's acting like an ass. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Seems like a tough spot for Dylan Larkin too. 

I think Bertuzzi is acting selfishly and being foolish; it is a great combination for the times we're living in.

Never mind, the potential positive impact his getting vaccinated may have on his community; he's going to be travelling outside of his bubble, he is potentially the vector that sickens his young family.

I don't wish him well. 

I hope he doesn't get sick, sicken or kill his loved ones though because I'm not a monster.

He can **** all the way off.

He's acting like an ass. 

Seal Of Approval Thumbs Up GIF

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

he's going to be travelling outside of his bubble, he is potentially the vector that sickens his young family.

This is why I did it. I get I was very skeptical of it and it took me a while but I work in pharmaceuticals and know all the protocols that go into making the medicines and clinical stages it has to go through before being released to the public.

And when I saw all my upper management and all the microbiologist and chemist I work with who know waaaay more about that stuff than I not get it for awhile I followed suit.

But as time when by and research showed the numbers and all the data behind it I came around.

But my reason still I was apprehensive but the wife and I decided to do it...

...to take one for the team.

Even though we are healthy and have good immune systems I did it for my daughter and her classmates and students.

I did it for others. Not my self.

But I have always been about doing it for others.

It is why I joined the military straight out of high school and went to Iraq when I got out of bootcamp.

So sometimes we have to do things for other we love just to do our part to keep us safe.

Today things are different with the culture and the selfy style mentality folks have the me me me mind set many have today.

#oldschool

You're my boy blue!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1