Ratcliffe #76

Samifan

I know we're joking about pulling Chris Vandevelde's sweater out of the rafters but...

I think I can see why the scouts like Ratcliffe after watching him play some last night.

He can skate pretty well. He has some gravity to his game, he might not have control of the puck but it is going the same direction he is.

He has a long reach and quick hands, does not appear to shy away from physical contact either. He took a penalty last night but it wasn't a lazy one.

He's not NHL ready, but I can see why the FO wants to keep him around. There are moments where he looks like he could be a quality NHL big man.

• Like 3

I agree.  I'm high on the kid.  He'd be NHL ready or close to it this year if he didn't have the setback last year and the covid year before.  He essentially missed 2 years of growth.  Give the kid a full AHL year this year and I bet he challenges for a job next year.  3rd line winger - JVR replacement?   Can see him in front of the goalie on PP.  Good hands, knows how to shoot.  Great reach for rebounds.

• Like 2