2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nice match this week @pilldoc

Was damn close lol. Congratz

Hey joe,

Yeah .. It was a very close match.  Went right down to the wire yesterday.  You always present a tough match up with me.  Appreciate the kind words.

~doc

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Seriously????????   

image.jpeg.3a87b715f581e69e833f45866f0c18f4.jpeg

Price and francouz,  LTIR. But due back soon.

Gibson just went down today and Bob last night

That leave me with Lehner lol.....with the 2 best Vegas forwards on IR leading to losses that might have been wins

Trade between myself and @ruxpin in all star

Rux gets Letang and Shesterkin

Foil gets Giroux and Hellboy

First the goalies, they are two of the top five goalies in the game and whoever has either one at the top of the goalie food chain is happy. I hted dealing Letang but needed Giroux as my team had too many defenseman and not enough wingers.

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Trade between myself and @ruxpin in all star

Rux gets Letang and Shesterkin

Foil gets Giroux and Hellboy

First the goalies, they are two of the top five goalies in the game and whoever has either one at the top of the goalie food chain is happy. I hted dealing Letang but needed Giroux as my team had too many defenseman and not enough wingers.

Really hated giving up the dual eligibility because I have entirely too many straight up centers.

Plus, like I told you privately, I've never had Giroux in any league, ever.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Never trade hellboy.

He's too good.

But damn Shester is pretty solid

Didn't want to give up Hellboy. He has started slow, but the nearly always starts slow.  Oddly, no one I offered him to would take him and, IMO, none of the offers were absurd.  Including some with crap goaltending.  Go figure.

18 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

You actually never offered me hellboy in all stars knowing I drool over the kid and would possibly overpay?

You kept sending me offer with Holtby instead? Lol

Had one on my screen a couple times.  Was really trying to use Holtby to find a (kind of) replacement for Giroux somewhere.

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I would have given you way more for McDavid yave lol

I have thrown his name about for quite awhile. Truth is I got five players who fit my teams style. If it doesnt work out? Well I have won all star three years in a row and four of the past five so it was a good run, lol. Anyway, McJesus and four guys who are more or less waiver wire guys (three of whom i picked up in the last week) for Point who I love, Tanev and all his hits/shots and decent scoring, a couple of damn solid dmen in Ekblad who scores a lot on the back end and Martinez who will lead all players in blocks and wind up around 35-40 points, and finally Reinhart who is near a point a game with the Cats.

Hell, I probably coulda got more but just bored, lol. Got another one probably coming down the pipe before the day is out too. Stay tuned......

7 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I have thrown his name about for quite awhile. Truth is I got five players who fit my teams style. If it doesnt work out? Well I have won all star three years in a row and four of the past five so it was a good run, lol. Anyway, McJesus and four guys who are more or less waiver wire guys (three of whom i picked up in the last week) for Point who I love, Tanev and all his hits/shots and decent scoring, a couple of damn solid dmen in Ekblad who scores a lot on the back end and Martinez who will lead all players in blocks and wind up around 35-40 points, and finally Reinhart who is near a point a game with the Cats.

Hell, I probably coulda got more but just bored, lol. Got another one probably coming down the pipe before the day is out too. Stay tuned......

I think Ferraro might give him a run for his money there this year. Martinez seems a bit....Older this year. Hard to put into words. just noticed while watching Lehner games that martinez isn't quite 100%. His hits have been fewer and fewer over the past few years. He used to be a hit machine. But he just stopped throwing them one year.

My all star team isn't great this year. Too many goalie injuries and top players underperforming. Kevin Shattenkirk is my best player for heaven sakes.

• Like 1

"Let's make a deal time"....involving two struggling All Star League teams.
@ruxpin's Hell Bears (next to last) and yours truly's Green Star Blades (DEAD last).

Hell Bears get:
C- John Tavares
G- James Reimer
G- Adin Hill

Green Star Blades get:
C- Brock Nelson
G- Igor Shesterkin

For me, this was about improving goaltending, and I thought Hill would be a good investment, starting to look like Reimer is the guy over there.... NYR's Shesterkin is a clear upgrade for me.

On the flip side, Rux will be getting a John Tavares that looks like the Tavares that produces. Started out slowly, but now seems to be putting up the points and he definitely is an upgrade over the streaky Brock Nelson.

• Like 3

Aaaand the two struggling bottom feeders once again (foolishly?) look to each other to fix what ails the other.
Or some nonsense like that... :shifty:

Hell Bears get:
LW/RW - Chris Kreider
D- Ivan Provorov

Green Star Blades get:
C- Ryan O'Reilly
D- Mikhail Sergachev

After trading away John Tavares last time out, looking at recouping face offs, with HOPEFULLY more consistent scoring (PPP too?) with O'Reilly.
Kreider was tough to give up, as he is having a smashing year.....BUT, his goals to assists ratio is wayyyyyy off. 12 to 3.
Can he really maintain that?
At any rate, the Bears get a guy who does many other things away from the puck as well.

Poor Ivan Provorov has been bounced around in a few leagues I'm in, like the proverbial tennis ball.
Thought for sure he would have his big breakout year this year (he still might), but he is still floundering around.
Same with Sergachev for that matter, so those two at this point in time seem a wash....perhaps with an edge to Serge for potential assists 5 on 5 and some PIMs with his mean streak and hits.... Provy with an edge in +/- and blocked shots.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Aaaand the two struggling bottom feeders once again (foolishly?) look to each other to fix what ails the other.
Or some nonsense like that... :shifty:

Hell Bears get:
LW/RW - Chris Kreider
D- Ivan Provorov

Green Star Blades get:
C- Ryan O'Reilly
D- Mikhail Sergachev

After trading away John Tavares last time out, looking at recouping face offs, with HOPEFULLY more consistent scoring (PPP too?) with O'Reilly.
Kreider was tough to give up, as he is having a smashing year.....BUT, his goals to assists ratio is wayyyyyy off. 12 to 3.
Can he really maintain that?
At any rate, the Bears get a guy who does many other things away from the puck as well.

Poor Ivan Provorov has been bounced around in a few leagues I'm in like the proverbial tennis ball.
Thought for sure he would have his big breakout year this year (he still might), but he is still floundering around.
Same with Sergachev for that matter, so those two at this point in time seem a wash....perhaps with an edge to Serge for potential assists 5 on 5 and some PIMs with his mean streak and hits.... Provy with an edge in +/- and blocked shots.

Yeah, the Provy vs Serge was completely about blocked shots for me and almost a surrender on offense.  I'm right there on blocked shots but some weeks not quite, so trying to better my team there. Not enough still against Foil or Swine but maybe I catch them on the wrong week.

Trade between Foil and Hell Bears.

Cliff's Notes:  Everyone for everyone.

Havlat, Letang (who never change out of his Foil underwear), and Chiarot  to Foil for Giroux (who still has his Teddy Bear undies), for Myers, E. Johnson, and Nurse. 

Myers and Johnson are kind of "who cares" but add some stats that help.   Giroux brings back some position flexibility though cuts my FWs.   Stats-wise it seems overall fairly close outside of FWs without Nurse.  

Time, as they say, will tell.

• Like 1