2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

46 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm not as high on my All Star team this year as in years past.  Usually I'm sitting top 4 but this year I am barely hanging on to 6th.  I thought my goalies where strong.  However, Husso seems to be taking over in St. Louis which leaves Binnington with spot starts, Kuemper is losing his job to Francouz in Avs land.  At least I have the Flames cuff.  I tried prying either Talbot or Husso away from Dumb and Dumber by offering the other cuff, but he is not budging.  

I'm fairly good with peripherals, but I lack scoring.  If I do make the playoffs it will be by some miracle and then like in years past with the Flyers, I will be one and done.

Even in Conn Smythe, I feel I have a weaker team than usual.

My only consolation is I really like my NAHANA team and really hope to make some noise come playoffs time.

I'm surprised you are holding vladar. He starts so few games that streaming a player playing 4 games in skater categories would probably pay off more

That good thing about workhorse goalies is that they give you extra skaters

• Like 2

To get some offense I lost with my recent attempts to upgrade goal.

To Divine Swine IcePigs:   Linus Ullmark

To Hell Bears:  Ryan Hartman

Thank you for answering the phone, Doc.   

Dial In Phone Call GIF by Build-A-Bear Workshop

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

To get some offense I lost with my recent attempts to upgrade goal.

To Divine Swine IcePigs:   Linus Ullmark

To Hell Bears:  Ryan Hartman

Thank you for answering the phone, Doc.   

Dial In Phone Call GIF by Build-A-Bear Workshop

And the record for most goalies with 0 on IR goes to.....

Doc-Untitled.jpg

Doc, 8 goalies? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

GOODBYE 5th round pick Elias Pettersson. im sure you will start scoring as soon as someone else picks you up.

To me you have been a positional black hole and the biggest waste of my top 15 picks.

Its kinda like they say about when you own an RV, the happiest two days are the day that you get one and the day that you finally get rid of it. That is what Pettersson has become.Truthfully I never thought he was as good as the hype or as bad as he has played lately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

I gave you all a big brake by not participating in this league this year.  Use this time wisely to sharpen your skills as I am coming back next year.  :hockey1:

more the merrier 

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by St. Louis Blues

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I gave you all a big brake by not participating in this league this year.  Use this time wisely to sharpen your skills as I am coming back next year.  :hockey1:

Like you are in the top 6 in Conn Smythe and are being promoted to all Stars?

Or you took a break from 1 year leagues and are starting in Conn Smythe?

I might not see you next year if you start in Conn Smythe lol

Then again, I might. I can't seem to gain momentum. I was in 4th place and beat the 3rd place team 11-6 last week. I checked monday morning and I was now in 5th place and the 3rd place team was still in 3rd. WTF?

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Ugh. On a 1 for 1 trade Doc, im not fond of that trade. im pretty sure all the teams in playoff spots just groaned in unison.

Dumba is top 3 in offense in the league in goals, assists, has the best +/- by a country mile, top 3 in PIM's, PPA, GWG, SOG, Hits, top 4 in Blocks...He won't miss the FOW because his team doesn't go for that stat.......his one weakness was relying on that duo of Grubauer and Merzlikins to get his starts for the week so he was stuck bottom 5 in goaltending and STILL was top 3 all year with shaky goaltending.

Now he has the best of the blues goalies who has stolen the starter job, and handcuffed the Wild tandem for the team that is surging 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. He can effectively drop one of the crap goalies and just spot start the other if he feels he needs to. He went from Shaky goaltending not to just good, but very good goaltending and didn't lose much offense. He still has McDavid, Mackinnon, Ovechkin, Fox, and Svechnikov and Lundell are surging lately

I get why you did it because of that goalie surplus. Im just feeling a sense of dread, same as I did when Yave traded  Gibson to MADDOG.cheddar.gifturborunfast.gifohnoes.gif

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Ugh. On a 1 for 1 trade Doc, im not fond of that trade. im pretty sure all the teams in playoff spots just groaned in unison.

Dumba is top 3 in offense in the league in goals, assists, has the best +/- by a country mile, top 3 in PIM's, PPA, GWG, SOG, Hits, top 4 in Blocks...He won't miss the FOW because his team doesn't go for that stat.......his one weakness was relying on that duo of Grubauer and Merzlikins to get his starts for the week so he was stuck bottom 5 in goaltending and STILL was top 3 all year with shaky goaltending.

Now he has the best of the blues goalies who has stolen the starter job, and handcuffed the Wild tandem for the team that is surging 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. He can effectively drop one of the crap goalies and just spot start the other if he feels he needs to. He went from Shaky goaltending not to just good, but very good goaltending and didn't lose much offense. He still has McDavid, Mackinnon, Ovechkin, Fox, and Svechnikov and Lundell are surging lately

I get why you did it because of that goalie surplus. Im just feeling a sense of dread, same as I did when Yave traded  Gibson to MADDOG.cheddar.gifturborunfast.gifohnoes.gif

Everyone groaned when I did the Gibson deal but truth is it is one that I killed it in. Gibson is proving why he is the new Mr. October, cant stay healthy and not nearly as affective as he was early, the return was a third, Thomas and Letang who is having a monster year. I do that ttrade over and over if I can.

posted wrong spot, accidnetly in nahana, here is the basics

ALL STAR

In need of a left wing I am stacked down the middle and at RW, essentially willing to do deal trading any of

Aho

Kadri

Taresenko

Reinhart

Lindholm

Point

Cirelli

For a comparable left winger. I have Matthew Tkachuk and the criminally underrated Boone Jenner on the left side and I am streaming a couple of LWs a week since Tanev went down for the year with an ACL. Not looking to get ripped off or to rip anyone off, just looking to balance the roster. So if you are strong on the left side and need of help down the middle or on the right shoot me a fair offer.

I know there are certain teams that dont usually trade with me but initiate an offer if interested and I promise not to go all ridiculous with a crazy counter, I may take it, turn it down or offer a slight tweak. Again, LW help needed, lots to offer in even deal.

• Like 1

@pilldoc trade

Part two of the deal with Rux. Essentially 

Kahkonen and Hartman out

Ullmark and Stephenson in

I like it for Doc, Boston Rask is looking like he rushed back and rumors are he may shut it down, Swayman has came back to Earth, Ullmark may take 60-70 percent of the starts. Kahkonen is getting most of the starts right now but that is a time share. Hartman and Stephenson both having very affective kind of fluke years, of the two I would bet on Stephenson to be the one to keep it going long term. I get it for dumb and dumber, as a Wild fan getting his boy who is hot right now but the two trades togehter looking at the overall Doc did very well for himself here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I know there are certain teams that dont usually trade with me but initiate an offer if interested and I promise not to go all ridiculous with a crazy counter, I may take it, turn it down or offer a slight tweak. Again, LW help needed, lots to offer in even deal.

ill take a look in a bit bud.

20 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Everyone groaned when I did the Gibson deal but truth is it is one that I killed it in. Gibson is proving why he is the new Mr. October, cant stay healthy and not nearly as affective as he was early, the return was a third, Thomas and Letang who is having a monster year. I do that ttrade over and over if I can.

Oh I'm not debating the value you got for him. I did the same when I traded him high for rantanen here and I'd do that again.

But he's been solid for MadDog and far better than that vanecek/grubauer tandem he had running with markstrom early on. Gibson hasn't let in more than 3 goals since mid December so he has a good GAA, his sv% hovers between 93%to 96% and while he only has 4 wins, he has more shootout and OT losses than actual L, so he doesn't get many L columns.  He also saves 28 to 42 a game on average. He's been gold for the best offensive team in NAHANA 

Thanks Joe I think you said it perfectly. Anyways I made the deal because yes I am from MN and would rather have the wild cuff then the blues, especially with the wilds grueling schedule the rest of the year where it seems like there will be games every other night plus B2B. Even though every team probably has a similar schedule l just preferred Khak over Bins. Talbot has also gotten injured recently so just another safety net in case. I see khak play all the time and he's proven himself worthy of the starting job when he's been called on.

As for what I'm giving up sure Stephenson is a good player but like Joe said I'm not chasing FOW which is his stronger Stat. Plus with Eichel supposedly being ready here in February would his return push Stephenson back to a 3rd line role and or off the PP? If that does happen then i think he'll still be a good player but he'll be getting more FOW than anything else which for me wasn't what i was after. In the end I think both teams ended up with a piece that will help them going forward. As far as dropping grub or Elvis I certainly have more confidence in being able to do so but might hold on to them anyways as it seems like you can never have enough goaltending.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 2