2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

13 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Like you are in the top 6 in Conn Smythe and are being promoted to all Stars?

Or you took a break from 1 year leagues and are starting in Conn Smythe?

I don't recall which of the non-keeper leagues I was before... Could have been Conn Smythe, but I don't remember.  Just decided to take a one-year break.  Might come back next year if there will be openings.

So, small trade in All-Stars -- because I'm sitting on my hands in NAHANA.

Cale Makar to Lady Neat's Team

JT Miller to the Hellbears. 

Just rearranging desk chairs.   It adds LW eligibility and also some FWs.   I had 6 defensemen, so while it removes a lot of my offensive production among defensemen, it doesn't really hurt my peripherals.  

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So, small trade in All-Stars -- because I'm sitting on my hands in NAHANA.

Cale Makar to Lady Neat's Team

JT Miller to the Hellbears. 

Just rearranging desk chairs.   It adds LW eligibility and also some FWs.   I had 6 defensemen, so while it removes a lot of my offensive production among defensemen, it doesn't really hurt my peripherals.  

Not sure I would have paid that price for Miller. Makar is the McDavid of Defensemen

Just saw Yave's trade too. That one is highway robbery in a SOG league lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Not sure I would have paid that price for Miller. Makar is the McDavid of Defensemen

Just saw Yave's trade too. That one is highway robbery in a SOG league lol

I had an extra D and Makar does nothing in the categories I need to score in.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

To those in Conn Smythe,

@yave1964@TropicalFruitGirl26@Hale

We have a situation.  See my note to the League.  We have a GM who has NOT been doping anything improve his goalie situation.  Matter of fact, he has forfeited at least 9 weeks of goalie cats to his opponent.  I just caught wind of it this evening.  I sent him an e-mail and a warning.  He posted back that there are circumstances in life and he paying very little attention to FHL. 

I sent him, a trade 10 days ago where he would improve his goalie situation.  Yes it is steep but it is what it is ....

He accepted so now his goalie situation will improve, however, he is now requesting he give up his team.  I wish he would have come to me privately weeks ago .....thereby hoping to resolve this situation.

1) should the league now take over his team

2) should I try to find a replacement this late in the season.  his team is next to last with now hope of making playoffs.

3) other ideas?

To be honest ... I offered Gibson and Francouz for scoring forwards.  Gibson is a full time starter and Francouz is slowly taking over in Colorado.  His only other goalies are Holtby and Knight.

I'm sorry, I wish I would have known sooner and I could have nipped this in the butt sooner ....

~doc

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

To those in Conn Smythe,

@yave1964@TropicalFruitGirl26@Hale

We have a situation.  See my note to the League.  We have a GM who has NOT been doping anything improve his goalie situation.  Matter of fact, he has forfeited at least 9 weeks of goalie cats to his opponent.  I just caught wind of it this evening.  I sent him an e-mail and a warning.  He posted back that there are circumstances in life and he paying very little attention to FHL. 

I sent him, a trade 10 days ago where he would improve his goalie situation.  Yes it is steep but it is what it is ....

He accepted so now his goalie situation will improve, however, he is now requesting he give up his team.  I wish he would have come to me privately weeks ago .....thereby hoping to resolve this situation.

1) should the league now take over his team

2) should I try to find a replacement this late in the season.  his team is next to last with now hope of making playoffs.

3) other ideas?

To be honest ... I offered Gibson and Francouz for scoring forwards.  Gibson is a full time starter and Francouz is slowly taking over in Colorado.  His only other goalies are Holtby and Knight.

I'm sorry, I wish I would have known sooner and I could have nipped this in the butt sooner ....

~doc

I'd have the league take over the team, but continue to look for a replacement GM, letting any new prospective GM that even though the team's situation is hopeless, they can use the rest of the season to become acclimated with the league and its GM's, then they will be that much more prepared come draft day and next season.

Here is my problem

If we start setting his lineup now, there are teams who is going to play who have an unfair disadvantage, as others might have crushed him 14-2 or something and will beat out someone by a point or two for the final playoff spot. I mean, it has zero affect on me as I have the top spot completely wrapped up but teams who are fighting for a playoff spot who face him with a set lineup would have a right to be upset. AKOF likewise has not really been active this year as far as setting lineups go.

So to me, if we take those two teams and simply monday morning hit set lineup and click for the week it is okay but it might hurt one of the three teams fighting for the final playoff position if they play those two teams and their corrected lineups and one of the others doesnt play any of them. A quick look

Darth brat plays both

PA40 plays only Jeff

SFN plays both

So it really wont hurt much but PA40 gets a slight advantage if we set lineups weekly for both teams going forard as he only plays Jeff once and never plays AKOF. I guess looking at that if I had a vote, , I would say both teams set lineups Monday morning, freeze transactions not allowing any trades or adds/drops going forward that might be misconstrued. Hopefully to fill out a league next year maybe @pilldoc you can get your son to take a team, my wife says she would be willing (she had a team like five years ago and while not nearly as active as I am at least set a lineup and did adds/drops every week) and perhaps a new owner or two from elsehwere would help as well.

• Like 1

Introducing MuttonJeff to Conn Smythe

As something entirely new and unprecedented, the new MuttonJeff (a subsidiary of Random Cable Service, Inc., your friendly neighborhood holding company) has traded with Putting on the Foil.

To Putting on the Foil.

Mark Scheifele, Thomas Chabot, and Timo Meier

To MuttonJeff

Andrew Copp, Robert Thomas, and J.T.Miller

The new owners would like to welcome the new Muttons--Andy, Bobby, and JayTee--to the mob herd.    Your hotel room is paid through Tuesday.   Check out is 11:00.

mutton jeff.png

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Introducing MuttonJeff to Conn Smythe

As something entirely new and unprecedented, the new MuttonJeff (a subsidiary of Random Cable Service, Inc., your friendly neighborhood holding company) has traded with Putting on the Foil.

To Putting on the Foil.

Mark Scheifele, Thomas Chabot, and Timo Meier

To MuttonJeff

Andrew Copp, Robert Thomas, and J.T.Miller

The new owners would like to welcome the new Muttons--Andy, Bobby, and JayTee--to the mob herd.    Your hotel room is paid through Tuesday.   Check out is 11:00.

mutton jeff.png

LOL …. Love it!!!!

• Like 1

Gross. Yave comes out well in this trade. Both sides benefit

In terms of Peripherals, yes he loses some hits and blocks and a few SOG and PIM. But he loses no FOW. In fact he gains them. Backstrom only played 16 games so far but he has  121 FOW lol. And Kane, well, is Kane. his goalscoring is down, but he farts a PPG even when he isn't playing well.

Vasi is the best goalie in the game. But Nasty could afford to give him up for this offensive peripheral shot in the arm

I don't think Nasty can come back with 5 weeks to go and losing this week badly, but its not impossible. If he had made this trade a few weeks back it might be a different story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Gross. Yave comes out well in this trade. Both sides benefit

In terms of Peripherals, yes he loses some hits and blocks and a few SOG and PIM. But he loses no FOW. In fact he gains them. Backstrom only played 16 games so far but he has  121 FOW lol. And Kane, well, is Kane. his goalscoring is down, but he farts a PPG even when he isn't playing well.

Vasi is the best goalie in the game. But Nasty could afford to give him up for this offensive peripheral shot in the arm

I don't think Nasty can come back with 5 weeks to go and losing this week badly, but its not impossible. If he had made this trade a few weeks back it might be a different story

Kane on the block, lol. Man I struggled with this deal because I was sick over losing Tkachuk but adding Conner offset it somewhat although I am still thin now at LW.  So Kane for a LW is something that is gonna happen. Thought i had balanced the roster but had to do this for Vasilevskiy

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Kane on the block, lol. Man I struggled with this deal because I was sick over losing Tkachuk but adding Conner offset it somewhat although I am still thin now at LW.  So Kane for a LW is something that is gonna happen. Thought i had balanced the roster but had to do this for Vasilevskiy

Yeah LW does seem a bit rarer than usual this year. I was shopping a goalie trying to acquire one and kept getting fast rejects lol

• Like 1

Sigh. I thought I picked of gustafson last night in both leagues during my overnight shift but apparently I was supposed to do it today and forgot.

I got him in nahana because it's next day moves. But I was supposed to do it today to try to take saves and forgot and got Greenway instead.

I could have taken a category baaaah

A trade between myself and @TropicalFruitGirl26 to announce

HER GREEN STAR BLADES ADD

Patrick Kane

Holtby

Skjei

Odviously Kaner is the key to the deal, insrant offense with plenty of shots. Holtby may end up dealt as he is on a very affordable contract, if he ends up in Edmonton he is pprobably top ten down the stretch. Sjkei is just a body on the bck end but his numbers will likely take an upturn because of the injury to DeAngelo.

THE FOIL RECEIVE IN RETURN

Nedeljkovic

Burns

Crouse

I have been in need of a third goalie and have grown frustrated with Holtby getting a single start in three weeks. He may end up in edmonton and if so this will make me kick myself, but I felt I needed a third full time starter in net, Big Ned serves the purpose. Burns/Crouse bring periphral stats which I felt would help me for the stretch drive and postseason. 

23 hours ago, yave1964 said:

A trade between myself and @TropicalFruitGirl26 to announce

HER GREEN STAR BLADES ADD

Patrick Kane

Holtby

Skjei

Odviously Kaner is the key to the deal, insrant offense with plenty of shots. Holtby may end up dealt as he is on a very affordable contract, if he ends up in Edmonton he is pprobably top ten down the stretch. Sjkei is just a body on the bck end but his numbers will likely take an upturn because of the injury to DeAngelo.

THE FOIL RECEIVE IN RETURN

Nedeljkovic

Burns

Crouse

I have been in need of a third goalie and have grown frustrated with Holtby getting a single start in three weeks. He may end up in edmonton and if so this will make me kick myself, but I felt I needed a third full time starter in net, Big Ned serves the purpose. Burns/Crouse bring periphral stats which I felt would help me for the stretch drive and postseason. 

I want to say TFG wins this trade, but it fills a need for yave that he could afford to pay for. I think it is to late though. 60 points out of 6th with 4 weeks to go is a tall hill to climb.

• Like 1