Wild claim Rem Pitlick from NSH

bbgarnett

Thought this was Tyler for a moment, and then was amazed that there were multiple Pitlicks and it turns out that they actually are related and this isn't some sort of weird mutiple-Sebastian-Aho situation.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Well they're cousins.  I don't really understand this move.  I don't think it gives us anything more than what they already had.  Unless they feel he's a bit more able to plug and play if needed while they keep the younger players in Iowa to season & mature.  

On 10/6/2021 at 8:57 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Well they're cousins.  I don't really understand this move.  I don't think it gives us anything more than what they already had.  Unless they feel he's a bit more able to plug and play if needed while they keep the younger players in Iowa to season & mature.  

The reason is they do not want to bring all the kids up right now because of contracts down the road would be my guess. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

Russo seems to think that some of our youngsters might not get more than 9 games in the NHL, in order to help the Wild deal with the Parise/Suter money disaster we'll be in next season and the season after that. If that is the case, it's a shame. It would be a win-win situation for everybody from the prospects to the vets to agree to lower pay for the next few years, and for the Wild to promise to pay a little extra after the Parise/Suter penalty is over. But that would require people to trust each other, so what are the chances of that ever happening... we might end up in a situation where a Beckman or Boldy might play marvelously in Iowa and still not get a chance to consolidate a place in the NHL.

22 hours ago, TonyOday said:

The reason is they do not want to bring all the kids up right now because of contracts down the road would be my guess. 

(shrugs)  I guess, however I only thought Beckman was the only young player to have earned a spot.  Boldy and Rossi I would've sent down with no regrets or hesitation.  IMO, they need to season more and the pre-season showed some of that.  Rossi looks promising, but sliding his deal another season is a smart move.  

I think it was kind of a Anthony Bitetto move.  Where they make it on an impulse and then another young player has a pretty special game and they're like...oh, maybe we shouldn'tve done that.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Russo seems to think that some of our youngsters might not get more than 9 games in the NHL, in order to help the Wild deal with the Parise/Suter money disaster we'll be in next season and the season after that. If that is the case, it's a shame. It would be a win-win situation for everybody from the prospects to the vets to agree to lower pay for the next few years, and for the Wild to promise to pay a little extra after the Parise/Suter penalty is over. But that would require people to trust each other, so what are the chances of that ever happening... we might end up in a situation where a Beckman or Boldy might play marvelously in Iowa and still not get a chance to consolidate a place in the NHL.

Once contracts are signed in the NHL, you can’t renegotiate them. Even if it is amenable to both sides. 

For once I’d like to see this team built from the ground up. Make players earn their spot on the bench rather than handing them one because they’d were a #1 draft pick. Let players develop at their own pace rather than rushing them. Stop bringing in in high priced free agents that are getting paid for what they did. Stop with the NMC’s. The Wild aren’t going to get a #1 center through free agency. At least not one that won’t come with a high price tag and a NMC and probably well past their prime. And they won’t get one continually drafting in the 10-20 slots of the first round. Maybe tanking for a few years will get them into the top 3 for the upcoming drafts and they can draft that #1 center. Can’t hurt, because the way they’ve built the team through trading away draft picks and signing high prices free agents still hasn’t gotten them past the first round in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(shrugs)  I guess, however I only thought Beckman was the only young player to have earned a spot.  Boldy and Rossi I would've sent down with no regrets or hesitation.  IMO, they need to season more and the pre-season showed some of that.  Rossi looks promising, but sliding his deal another season is a smart move.  

I think it was kind of a Anthony Bitetto move.  Where they make it on an impulse and then another young player has a pretty special game and they're like...oh, maybe we shouldn'tve done that.  

Agreed Beckman totally earned a spot and was probably one of the only guys who did.  So was surprised to see him sent down. I know Duhaime is 4 years older then the rest so that could be why they kept him over Beckman. I mean age shouldn't matter, if you played better than the other guys and earned the spot then it should be yours. Duhaime also has a lower cap hit then Beckman albeit only by like 135K-145K. So maybe it's all having to do with not wanting to burn a year of Beckman's ELC but really if you earn a spot like Beckman did I think just burn a year and show the kid that committed to him. Also tell the kid that hard work pays off unlike now where he could be like well I earned a spot but didn't get it because of whatever dumb reason. So I think it could send him the wrong message, I mean hopefully it just makes him prove it more in the AHL and basically force his way on to the team.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

This roster management is idiotic (unless you are trying to tank).  Bjug, Rask, Gaudreau, and Duhaime will more than likely NOT net more than 5-8 goals each.  Will need to see about Pitlick (depending upon TOI).  Where are our 'non-core' goals going to come from?  I can see Kap with 35+, Fiala with 25+, and EEK with 20+.  I don't see anyone else likely to exceed 20 goals in the line-up (though I think Zucc, Foligno, and Hartman could get there if healthy all year and lines click). 

Beckman could score 25+, and I think the same is true for Rossi.  Boldy would likely exceed 20 with a full year.  Clearly, we are hoping for 3-2 or 2-1 wins; which is NOT going to be the norm - we are not that good on D or in G.  I just don't see the value in letting the young talent rot in Iowa - Beckman earned it.  Bad message to send to the youth.....Also, what is the point of all the 1 year contracts if you are not going to work in the rookies until mid to late year - they will NOT be ready for regular time when on the 'bus ride' between Iowa and Mpls.

Feels like the Twins meddling with prospects regular contracts (time/service) starting too soon - no matter the impact upon the MLB clubs record (or as a comparative to our NHL team; milking ELC duration).  Glad I don't still have season tickets.  Feels like a 'penny pinching' and low offensive output year.  Sure looked like a solid call for the offensive offense tonight 🙄.  We don't have time or the cap room for the old 'head games with the high draft rookies approach'.  WTF did Gaudreau, Bjug, Rask, and Pitlick do to be 'entitled' to their opportunity - have a few more candles on their birthday cake?  SMFH

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 11:58 PM, lynxrattle said:

IF that is the case, the fans should boycott the games this season.  People don't buy tickets to watch the management game the system to cover up for a fu$k-up made with the two primadonna's from years past.  They expect management to fix these issues 'on the fly' without putting out an inferior product for a few years, and thereby decreasing the likelihood of those players re-signing later (or Kap re-signing when his contract is up and supporting highly picked players are not ready to hit their ceiling).  This is a free-agent world of the NHL, and we don't have the 'franchise capital' to piss any of these young players (and Kap and Fiala) off - it isn't their fault that those two cancers were signed to asinine contracts many years ago, so why should they have to suffer for it; they didn't 'choose the Wild,' but could choose not to play for them down the road.....Just stupid.  None of the other role players have earned ANYTHING either.  

• Like 3

I think one thing to remember is Beckman is a left wing. There are two other left wings ahead of him on the depth chart named Fiala and Kaprizov. He’s not moving those two out of the way based on one good preseason. Which means if he was on the Wild roster he would be on the third or fourth line getting garbage minutes. I’d rather see Beckman getting big minutes in Iowa to see if he can continue to produce at a high level. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I think one thing to remember is Beckman is a left wing. There are two other left wings ahead of him on the depth chart named Fiala and Kaprizov. He’s not moving those two out of the way based on one good preseason. Which means if he was on the Wild roster he would be on the third or fourth line getting garbage minutes. I’d rather see Beckman getting big minutes in Iowa to see if he can continue to produce at a high level. 

I hear what you are saying, but Kap has shifted sides throughout his career.  Also, we do NOT really have set lines - even our obvious 1st line started after the EEK/Green/Ferrigno lines most games last year.  In effect, you could play the rookies on any line and not limit their playing time.  We roll them more than most teams as their separation is low between the lines (Kap, Fiala, and EEK are 'head and shoulders' above the others).  Is Gaudreau (and name your other 'throw in' that has earned nothing; Duhaime, Pitlick, Rask, Bjug, etc) really a better player than any of Beckman, Roldy, and Rossi?  They will all likely get 12+ minutes per night, which is just fine for the 3 rookies.  19 minutes in the AHL is NOT going to make much difference.  Get the rookies on the NHL ice.

A month ago, I explained how few of the higher-end forwards spend even 20 games in AHL (I think the 2018 draft was my reference - none of the Top 15 beyond 20 games).  If we send these 3 to AHL for the bulk of the year, you would think that we had the Avs or the Knights 4 lines - WHICH WE DO NOT😡  GM/BG is playing that TIRED old game of ''high draft picks must earn all minutes over a long stretch in the AHL," which does NOT seem to apply to Wild journeymen or FAs (who have proven nothing).  This is the recipe for a mid-level team hanging around the playoff final spots, which never gets better in later years, and has a bunch of high draft picks plateau and 'wash out.'  Many have seen this idiocy before.   BG was a Top 5 pick and had a half dozen 30-40 goal seasons.  When did he get so infatuated with the 'role players?'  They are fine if you have the 'point producers,' which we only have 2-3, and a whole TEAM of role players.  This arrogance about our D and G providing enough to necessitate only 2-3 players producing points is beyond basic idiocy.  This team is bereft of players with a knack to score, which we would all like to see change (even if we are losing).

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Points worth thinking about on both sides, I think. To add to the dilemma, the Wild's schedule is awfully easy for the first seven games. Now that they let those players play who showed nothing, those players get a chance to look better than what they were pre-season. And Beckman doesn't get a chance to show what he can achieve against bad NHL teams. If they had given him a chance, and he would have been playing like he did pre-season, it would have been really difficult to throw him back to Iowa.

The second one deviates from accountability, one starts to get these unwanted problems and cynical-sounding consequences.

• Like 2

I really don’t take much stock in preseason, but if the experienced NHL don’t show up in 10 games and the young talent in the AHL are playing well, the young guys need to come up. 
let the veterans know 10 games is the tipping point. 

• Like 1

Its preseason so grain of salt. I absolutely love this team this year. 

1st line is really good:

Kap - EEK- Zucc: You have two highly skilled players and a straight line Center that can play both ways and drive the net.

Fiala - Gaud - Duhaime/Pitlick: Yeah I know he is slotted for the 4th line but Pitlick or Duhaime will be on this line before the year is out. This is the one that needs to really play well for the Wild to excel this year.  Fiala is freaking awesome and I can't wait to see his first 40 goal season

Greenway - Hartman - Foligno: These guys are going to be better then the GreeF line I think, really excited to see Greenway in his trade bait year. 

Pitlick/Duhaime - Sturm - Bjugstad/Rask: Sturm will score 15 this year.

Best of all the country club seems to be gone so I hope these guys have fun and win a playoff series. 

Gaudreau, Pitlick , and Duhaime did not prove anything for this team yet. To place them on a second line is nonsense so far. Duhaime placed only one nice goal during preseason games and received a spot in the big club. Beckman had 4 goals in 3 preseason games and was send to Iowa. That does not sounds right. Actually he had the most goals for entire team during preseason games. 

18 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Gaudreau, Pitlick , and Duhaime did not prove anything for this team yet. To place them on a second line is nonsense so far. Duhaime placed only one nice goal during preseason games and received a spot in the big club. Beckman had 4 goals in 3 preseason games and was send to Iowa. That does not sounds right. Actually he had the most goals for entire team during preseason games. 

We have 3 years of salary cap hell coming that we need these young guys to play well on cheap contracts, that is why Boldy and Beckman didnt get on the final roster, do you really want to burn a year on them and then watch them walk away? Fiala is on the third line. 

• Like 1