Flyers in Calgary - seating suggestions?

madson12

Thinking about making the trip from Philly to see the Flyers take on the Flames in Calgary later this month. Can anyone recommend the best seating areas in the Saddledome or if there's any sections to avoid due to obstructed views (if any)? For the Flyers fans, are there any specific sections that we tend to sit in? Also open to any hotel/bar/poutine suggestions! 

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

• radoran changed the title to Flyers in Calgary - seating suggestions?

@madson12

Welcome to the forum!

here is a seating map from Ticketmaster so you can see the arena setup.  You can zoom in and out to see what section looks best to you. 

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/calgary-flames-vs-philadelphia-flyers-calgary-alberta-10-30-2021/event/11005B1BAFF01858

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, madson12 said:

Thinking about making the trip from Philly to see the Flyers take on the Flames in Calgary later this month. Can anyone recommend the best seating areas in the Saddledome or if there's any sections to avoid due to obstructed views (if any)? For the Flyers fans, are there any specific sections that we tend to sit in? Also open to any hotel/bar/poutine suggestions! 

That's awesome if you go it's good atmosphere there👍

If on lower bowl section M is right in the middle which is I think the best since you can see clearly both ends of ice, the rows you can choose as low as ice level right up against the glass or as high as the nosebleeds - like I said before I think section M about 15 rows up is perfect, but if you go higher to second bowl or third I think right at the railing is best since no one in front of you.

There's a restaurant in the Dome too, you could eat while watching of you want, the tables have good high views of entire ice - or you can get there free hours early and eat inside dining area then watch.

As for where to stay, there are hotels very close to Dome, especially in East Village some nice new hotels you can walk to game and it move weather now in Calgary.

Not sure where good to hang out after since just last week you gotta show you are double vaccinated wherever you go - so make sure you bring proof of vaccination with you.

But there lots of cool places downtown especially along Steven Avenue and 17 Avenue SW around 5th to 14 Street can walk to lots of bars - and there a poutine place there on about 7st SW and 17 Ave SW across beside coffee shop called Analog.

It's pretty friendly so don't worry where you sit with your Flyers sweater, usually when people know you traveled so far to get here they'll help show you around.

Lots of craft beer places too if you into that, if you have anymore questions just let me know🍻

• Like 2