Sturm

Alexandron

What I like out of Evason? He does not afraid to experiment with players. If he sees that player from the 3rd or 4th line shows his best play then he gives him a chance to play on 2nd or 1st lines. If the player doesn't show any results there then Evason moves him back to a 3rd or 4th lines. But if player from a 1st line does not bring any production for a while then he will be moved to a lower lines. That happened with Parise last season.

I think he could be an asset on either the 3rd and 4th line.  IMO, ever since the Wild picked him up as a college free agent, he's done just about everything the team has asked of him.  He can chip in offense, throw his body around and plays responsible defensively too.  Perhaps the question shouldn't be where Nico Sturm fits in, but rather...why did we bring back Nick Bjugstad?  

• Like 2

Evason tried Sturm last season on different lines, but it was not as effective then. I think he is so far our star in the 4th line, and maybe this season will be even more productive for him than the last season. I look forward to see that. During the last preseason game against Chicago when we played not so good, Sturm provided the most shots (5) for our team towards Fleury's net.  

On 10/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, lynxrattle said:

Rask and Bjugstad, why o why...

If youngsters are not available so far because of an old school strategy, then Rask and Bjugstad will fit well at the 4th line. They both have pretty nice speed to supply with assists our speediest team's forward Nico Sturm. Hoping the 4th line will be able to produce lots of goals this season. I am not very optimistic at this moment regarding successful production from a 2nd and 3rd lines.