Frost, Foerster, Ratcliffe, others Assigned to Phantoms

radoran

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Frost's game isn't suited from where I sit as a bottom six NHLer and would be better off playing offensive minutes in the AHL. He needs to be on the ice to get his game where it needs to be.

I think that's exactly the point.  Frost will not be known for his defense or checking.  If he doesn't produce points, he isn't doing his job.  He's the most offensively gifted player not on the Flyers today.  He didn't produce points in the preseason and he got sent down.   I think it's plain and simple. 

Do I think it was the right choice - meh.  This team needs to produce from the start because "they have something to prove" don't forget.  No doubt Frost will play himself into 'shape' and he'll be with the big club before the holiday break IMO.   Brassard isn't a center (self-admited) and will break down being played there. Frost needs to force their hand.  Plain and simple.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

when was the last time we had a dominant line at all?

2017-18

Giroux Coots Jake

2011-12

Hartnell Giroux Jagr

No need to go back further to the Forsberg Gagne Knuble right? It's buried for a reason.

:beer:

20 hours ago, Digityman said:

Brassard isn't a center (self-admited) and will break down being played there.

Hayes going down throws a real monkey wrench into it.

IMO they need to go with Giroux at 2C as a stopgap - and I've never really seen G as a "true center"

20 hours ago, Digityman said:

No doubt Frost will play himself into 'shape' and he'll be with the big club before the holiday break IMO.

By their accounts* Hayes should be back by then.

I think Frost is the 2C of the future but I'm not entirely sure the future is in 2021.

Will not be sad to be wrong.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

42 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

This is exactly what we need, when was the last time that any Flyers coach kept a line together for an entire season, when was the last time we had a dominant line at all? They are always moving guys around and shuffling lines, I hope that Frost Ratcliffe and Foerester can be the next Legion of Doom or LCB line for the Flyers. I really think that Foerester and Frost are close to NHL ready , Ratcliffe probably needs a little more time. I hope we develop some good pairs on the blue line and a couple of good lines with these young guys in the AHL. So when they do come up they can actually complete a clean pass and setup some nice plays, which we haven’t seen in years on the Flyers.

The problem is Flyers management and ownership. The team will be close to playoff contention or believe be that they have a legitimate shot at the Cup and they'll deal one of those youngsters for a 'grizzled' veteran they believe that will push them over the top. 

There's no long term planning. I really wish we had progressive management, coaching and ownership. Give me what goes on in Tampa Bay any day. They know what player development is, they know the importance of succession planning and they know how to play the game and be ahead of the times. Instead we get old relics who believe in dump and chase and defensive smothering hockey to the point they sacrifice any offensive play for defense. This franchise has pissed away so many good players careers and they're oblivious to it. Yeah, I'm pissed and I'm tired of seeing the same old approach taken and it always fails 

• Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

2017-18

Giroux Coots Jake

2011-12

Hartnell Giroux Jagr

No need to go back further to the Forsberg Gagne Knuble right? It's buried for a reason.

:beer:

What we need is a line that’s gonna be together for years like Leach Clarke Barber and Lindros ,Leclair , Renberg. I’m so tired of boring hockey, we need an exciting line to get the fans out of their seats and create some finesse plays.  Atkinson is already much more fun to watch than Jake , in the past when we sucked there was at least a good hit by Rinaldo or Hartnell pummeling Avery. Unfortunately with our coaching style , we probably won’t be overly exciting,but definitely better then the last year. I’m looking forward to Risto laying out some big hits.

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

There's no long term planning. I really wish we had progressive management, coaching and ownership.

Flyers' new scouting staff, strength & conditioning coaches, AHL assistants (phillyhockeynow.com)

Whether or not you think Fletcher and Flahr are the right people to be doing a restructure, can be debated. 

A lot of changes were made to scouting and development as well as other "business of hockey" areas.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Flyers' new scouting staff, strength & conditioning coaches, AHL assistants (phillyhockeynow.com)

Whether or not you think Fletcher and Flahr are the right people to be doing a restructure, can be debated. 

A lot of changes were made to scouting and development as well as other "business of hockey" areas.

The Cup is their's!!!

Flyers claim Patrick Brown from Vegas.

Who?

Future Captain.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Haha 1

The final cuts were made today.  Jackson Cates, Nick Seeler, Cam York, and Garrett Wilson all sent to LV Phantoms.  

Here is the season opening roster:

FORWARDS (13)

11 - Travis Konecny RW

13 - Kevin Hayes C

14 - Sean Couturier C

19 - Derick Brassard C

21 - Scott Laughton C

23 - Oskar Lindblom LW

25 - James van Riemsdyk LW

28 - Claude Giroux C

38 - Patrick Brown C

44 - Nate Thompson C

62 - Nicolas Aube-Kubel RW

86 - Joel Farabee RW

89 - Cam Atkinson RW

DEFENSEMEN (6)

3 - Keith Yandle

6 - Travis Sanheim

9 - Ivan Provorov

61 - Justin Braun

70 - Rasmus Ristolainen

94 - Ryan Ellis

GOALTENDERS (2)

35 - Martin Jones

79 - Carter Hart

The following players are placed on Injured Reserve or Injured Non-Roster:

51 - Ryan Fitzgerald C

54 - Egor Zamula D

55 - Samuel Morin D

57 - Wade Allison RW

58 - Tanner Laczynski C

60 - Zayde Wisdom C

68 - Cooper Zech D

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Cup is their's!!!

Flyers claim Patrick Brown from Vegas.

Who?

Future Captain.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Fletcher continues his brilliant ways of team building.

Is he from Minnesota?

Did he play for Minnesota?

Is he a buddy of Kevin Hayes?

The quest for mediocrity continues.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Fletcher continues his brilliant ways of team building.

Is he from Minnesota?

Did he play for Minnesota?

Is he a buddy of Kevin Hayes?

The quest for mediocrity continues.

Funny you should mention it, but he is a Hayes buddy. Brown was captain at Boston College when Hayes first arrived there. 

9 hours ago, radoran said:

C'mon now, don't understate it.

They PAID to give Ghost away.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

i was just referring to the contract.  The draft picks that we’re included didn’t provide any of the $43K in cap space that was gained.  

we really need a sarcasm font….

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

i was just referring to the contract.  The draft picks that we’re included didn’t provide any of the $43K in cap space that was gained.

They used all of the cap space gained on Ristolainen.

20 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

we really need a sarcasm font….

I tend to use :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool: