Bobby Ryan released from PTO by Wings

yave1964

I really do wish Bobby Ryan the best of luck, he had a great camp and a team that is paying attention and needs a winger such as Ottawa or the Pens should snztch him up. Class act, wish him the best.

That said, I am enormously happy with the message that this sends. It is time for the kids. 

Lucas Raymond now likely makes the team as a 19 year old rookie. Ryan and Raymond essentially battled for the right to take over for the wing spot in the top six vacated by the injury to Vrana. Ryan being kept would have been a nice safe boring thing to do, it woulda allowed Raymond a year in Grand Rapids but i am thrilled that it appears for now that Raymond will be given a shot. 

So luck to you Mr. Ryan i hope you land on your feet.. Time for the kids to take center stage.

31 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Bobby Ryan has to be better than Patrick Brown who the Flyers claimed from Vegas today.......

The Flyers have an abundance of wingers.

If Bobby Ryan could play center he'd be welcome.

Losing, Tanner Laczynski and Hayes hurt.

Morgan Frost who still has all that "potential" but was hurt last season and missed  the COVID pt 1 season wasn't ready to step into top 6 duties.

The Flyers don't really want to play Laughton at center, same with Giroux even though he's probably the best short term solution.

Nate Thompson should be playing on the 4th line, any time he sees higher in the line up means it's time to send lawyers, guns and money. 

So to quote Mike McD in rounders 

instead of money, I need centers.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Bobby Ryan has to be better than Patrick Brown who the Flyers claimed from Vegas today.......

Brown played with Kevin at BC back n a day.  Warm body is all. 

29 with 33 NHL games nothing to see here.

:hocky:

• Like 1