Predictions of Mediocrity in 2021-22

Howie58

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A look at the Super Star...

...and he gets to face his former team in his first game...maybe if he dresses.

:bigteeth:

It’s either him or that Charlie Brown guy they got off waivers from Vegas battling it out for popcorn duties.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 5:01 AM, ruxpin said:

I don't think top 3 either. Even if Hart plays well,, he's going to have to play a LOT of hockey because Martin Jones is a disaster on skates.  And Hart will break down as a result.

And the flyers went from a problem of young and inexperienced straight to being OLD.  They didn't pass GO!, they didn't collect $200, they went straight to old.  Holy overreaction, Batman!

This is such a bumblefk organization.  

BUT...things can shake out.  *Can.*  Because Washington is broken and Pittsburgh is on the way down as well.  And I legitimately don't understand what Carolina did.

Yeah, the Rangers are on the way up.  

I'm not arguing against the Vegas stuff, but on the other hand I think they're actually not too far to what I'm saying.  I was mostly gearing my comments to the Yahoo "analysts," who I'm rarely impressed with.

Because I think they're way too rosey on Carolina. And I think they actually mistakenly overlook New Jersey.  When Carolina fails and Jersey does better than they think they'll write stories with "who knew?" or "surprise of the year" themes.  Just saying I see it differently.

Well yeah. And I thought I was just discussing. The Vegas thing didn't look bad to me, and the Yahoo thing is fun to discuss. So I was discussing.  Sorry if we weren't supposed to.

and if these same players from last year dont play well, then there's no other way around it but to get rid of those players too. everything comes down to those players, tk, hart, giroux, jvr lindblom, they have to step up or we are not making the playoffs.

i understand the hate for av for some but here's the other issue, who do you go with? there's not many good names out there and going with lappy isnt a good idea either, one thing you dont want to do is go with an unproven rookie or sign kruger, unless there's a complete upgrade, i dont see how av gets fired.

6 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i understand the hate for av for some but here's the other issue, who do you go with? there's not many good names out there and going with lappy isnt a good idea either, one thing you dont want to do is go with an unproven rookie or sign kruger, unless there's a complete upgrade, i dont see how av gets fired.

I understand to an extent, and then I don't.

They have four years of first-year straight-out-of-college head coach in Hakstol and did bubkus with it.

They went out and got a guy with a boatload of experience and evidence of prior success and they paired him with a veteran-led lineup that was intended to "win now."

I don't at all put it 100% (or even probably 50%) on Vigneault that the players themselves didn't step up to the challenge.

They've made the shakeup the roster needed. From where I sit, AV has through next year to show whether or not this group can actually compete. And even then, pending what happens on the ice, I'm not sure it's "his fault." It could be, but I don't have the same feeling about this year's roster that I have about previous years'.

And, to your point, what else are they going to do? I've heard Boudreau's name bandied about and, fine - but what's the difference between Boudreau and Vigneault? Boudreau hasn't even been as far as Vigneault in the playoffs with three teams and Vigneault's at least been to the Final with two.

The anti-AV crowd - from where I sit - will always be 1000% sure that the grass on the other side of the fence (that they can't even see) simply must be better than the grass they have on this side.

And I don't mean the grass that they're smoking... They think that stuff is Just Fine.

• Like 1

I just want to make sure I wasn't misunderstood somewhere and I'm not sure this was being attributed to me, but just in case:  I haven't advocated for AV being fired.   He has through next season I would think (June 2023) if he's treated fairly.  That last part remains to be seen ("treated fairly.")

Depending upon our defense and PK this year, I'd take a long look at Mike Yeo, though.   Maybe even Michael Therrien if the PP isn't better this year.   On paper, they have the players that it should be good.

6 hours ago, radoran said:

I understand to an extent, and then I don't.

They have four years of first-year straight-out-of-college head coach in Hakstol and did bubkus with it.

They went out and got a guy with a boatload of experience and evidence of prior success and they paired him with a veteran-led lineup that was intended to "win now."

I don't at all put it 100% (or even probably 50%) on Vigneault that the players themselves didn't step up to the challenge.

They've made the shakeup the roster needed. From where I sit, AV has through next year to show whether or not this group can actually compete. And even then, pending what happens on the ice, I'm not sure it's "his fault." It could be, but I don't have the same feeling about this year's roster that I have about previous years'.

And, to your point, what else are they going to do? I've heard Boudreau's name bandied about and, fine - but what's the difference between Boudreau and Vigneault? Boudreau hasn't even been as far as Vigneault in the playoffs with three teams and Vigneault's at least been to the Final with two.

The anti-AV crowd - from where I sit - will always be 1000% sure that the grass on the other side of the fence (that they can't even see) simply must be better than the grass they have on this side.

And I don't mean the grass that they're smoking... They think that stuff is Just Fine.

im sorry i wasnt referring to you, i was just talking about anti av crowd in general, it's like it gets so tiring of this coach is bad and that coach is bad like they have to get their heads out of their butts and look the roster instead of looking at one guy and this is not the season to be firing av because there's no one good out there and from the way fletch operates he's not going to settle for a rookie. of course if there's a coach that gets fired from a great team like coach q, absolutely i would settle for that guy.