Game 1: Canucks at Flyers; October 15th @ 7 PM, CSP

Howie58

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

it would be nice to start a season, focused on that season. too often we are forced to start while looking, "two years" ahead

I, for one,  am focused on this season.

As was pointed out they had two barely serviceable AHLers filling in last night.

That's not because Frost "sucks" as much as it is it is better for him to be playing the offensive role he is suited for than the bottom six mucker role they had "good story" and "who?" In.

With Ristolainen out we were told that meant more of Braun  That's a loss from the jump. Braun is a barely serviceable NHL player at this point.

With Hayes' out they need to bite the bullet and play G as the 2C. "Great goal" or not, being productive at 6-on-5 isn't a recipe for success.

The offense last night sucked and that put too much pressure on the D and G. This team can't afford to spend their time in the D zone with precious little possession time in the O. It simply can't work.

They also can't afford to give up tons of points (again) in the early going and expect to have some big push to dig them out of it in January. Again.

This needs quick action to get them going in the right direction or they could find themselves more on the Columbus side of the standings than the Islanders.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

And you are shocked how? (Sarcasm font) I’m not gonna piss and moan over 1 game but I never liked the signing and still don’t.  

there still is plenty of time for him to change my mind…

Not shocked whatsoever. I thought it COULD be a decent signing, but this doesn't surprise me in the least.

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

And you are shocked how? (Sarcasm font) I’m not gonna piss and moan over 1 game but I never liked the signing and still don’t.  

there still is plenty of time for him to change my mind…

As a signing for a 2C it would be terrible.

It wasn't a signing as a 2C.

They have to stop playing him as a 2C.

• Like 3

Missed the game because teengirl Mojo was cheering  Friday night lights. Tough night for the boys they played the #1 ranked team in 5A in the state, (i think) . Our boys are young and small plus ravaged by COVID quarantine.

Running clock was implemented 1 minute into the second half. So not a lot to cheer for, Central York looks like a college team. 

So Hart struggled a little, the make shift line up could not maintain its momentum and they salvaged a point. Seems like what i was expecting. 

Tread water until guys get back/ healthy and come together. 

Could be worse?

• Like 1

Watching the goals-against...

If Hart has his skate tight to the post he erases 2 goals - Pettersson's PP goal and JT Miller's.

The snipe from Podkolzin was unstoppable (except by luck)

Chiasson just outworked Sanheim and Braun. I cut the Flyers' PK some slack bc they were down 2 men but that goal was too easy for Vancouver.

Okay I'm done with this game.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

This needs quick action to get them going in the right direction or they could find themselves more on the Columbus side of the standings than the Islanders.

Columbus won 8-2 and Voracek had 2 Assists.

Columbus may find themselves more on the Flyers' side of the standings than the Islanders, though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Columbus won 8-2 and Voracek had 2 Assists.

Columbus may find themselves more on the Flyers' side of the standings than the Islanders, though.

And the Sabres beat the Canadians 5-1.

This is why we don't get all crazy about one game. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

it really is disappointing that this franchise misses so often on their draft picks

Could it be that this franchise doesn't have a clue how to develop? How many prospects look good until a year or two on the Flyers and then regress? All of them?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

The point is what claim do the Flyers have to being a better franchise than the Blue Jackets.  Seem basically equivalent over the last 5-10 years.

And a valid point it is.

Expectations were for the Flyers to be better this year. Expectations were for Columbus to be worse.

I don't think either expectation was outlandish.

Flyers have 81 games to show differently.

Ryan Ellis grading well in the new zone exit tracking.

Not many breakout passes under pressure, but he started a lot of plays out of his zone. Also no turnovers or mishaps with the puck.

Transaction: We have loaned defenseman Nick Seeler to the @LVPhantoms (AHL).

Strongly hints that Rasmus Ristolainen will be cleared for tomorrow's game.

:PopcornSmiley2:

I hope so. He was the big controvesry. I'd like to see what he can do. I like physical. He's physical

I hate Seeler. Good to see him out. And yes, I see the hypocrisy of Seeler being touted as physical and me not liking him