Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, Saturday 10-16-21, 9:30pm, Staples Center

MNSOTA

12 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Business as usual. It's looking good against these lesser teams.

We accept all points even from a lesser teams. 😁. Actually both teams Ducks and Kings were looking pretty good against us. Talbot did huge saves in both games.  During that game tonight  he stopped 29 out of 31 shots. And our team had a nice drive as well too.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

We accept all points even from a lesser teams. 😁. Actually both teams Ducks and Kings were looking pretty good against us. Talbot did huge saves in both games.  During that game tonight  he stopped 29 out of 31 shots. And our team had a nice drive as well too.

Absolutely. The wins were definitely earned ones against teams doing in their best for their home crowds. Right now it's as good as it ever will be.

• Like 1

It's nice to see the Jets again. I'm guessing that it's a team that has weakened a bit from when we last played them. We'll be wiser after the home opener. I wish I could be there - after all this Covid isolation it would be marvellous to see the team in the arena supported by thousands of fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Close one good game I thought for sure Bjugstad,s  pass to Strum for the empty netter was going to bite us in the ass. 

I agree. We must to use those chances 100%, but not 99.9%. Penguins were able to place against Lighting 3 empty net goals during their 1st game. Probably that is a record already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

It's nice to see the Jets again. I'm guessing that it's a team that has weakened a bit from when we last played them. We'll be wiser after the home opener. I wish I could be there - after all this Covid isolation it would be marvellous to see the team in the arena supported by thousands of fans.

I think Jets weakened  slightly when they traded their star Laine. Wish to have him in our team. Pretty good warrior.

During the last 2 games our team showed a nice character entire games and was competing till the end. Hope to see this consistency next game at home and entire season as well which was a rare trait in previous seasons.

So far I am impressed of Kulikov, nice addition to our team. He is a hard working machine as in preseason games as well as in a first 2 games of the regular games. I practically do not see any mistakes out him. Wish for his consistency. It seems Evason likes to place him when Kaprizov is on ice for developing chemistry. And they did show some nice work yesterday.

• Like 1

Kulikov has looked real good.  He can help at both ends and doesn't mind throwing his body around too.  I thought Bjugstad was far more physically active than we've seen in the past and Duhaime adds speed and assertiveness.  

I thought it was a much better effort all around against Los Angeles than the season-opener against the Ducks.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

So the big question is: are we witnessing the direct result of the departure of both #20 and #11 OR is this totally unrelated to that?

OT, Suter amassed over 6 mins. PP time against the Bruins and they lost. 

Big question which is leaning more towards the direct departure of the big 2- #11 and #20. Team is looking different without them at this moment. Players are having a better drive. Time will show what team we are going to see in a next 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

So the big question is: are we witnessing the direct result of the departure of both #20 and #11 OR is this totally unrelated to that?

OT, Suter amassed over 6 mins. PP time against the Bruins and they lost. 

Only a couple of games we will see