Wild vs. Jets 10/19/21 @ 7:00PM CST at the "X" (Official GDT)

CreaseAndAssist

I never will be a Cam Talbot fan, but I gotta give him his due... some top notch saves near the end of regulation and in OT....particularly that 2 on 1 the Jets generated in OT.
Thought for sure Cam was gonna let one in there.

Bottom line, he made the big saves when he needed to. All I ever want from a goalie.

• Like 2

Eriksson Ek's OT Game Winner Gives the Wild a 3-0 Start

What a game!  Had a little bit of everything, including things never really seen before.  A Spartan / Superman punch, an actual Wild challenge being successful and giving us the opportunity to WIN A GAME!  Fans on hand were certainly given a helluva treat tonight.  I have a game recap and some thoughts on their start, some Iowa Wild news and a TON of prospect updates too.  Check it out!  

• Like 1

Easily the most entertaining game since - I can't even remember when. Kaprizov had some pretty wonderful stuff last season, but this game had it all.

Bad PK, bad goal tending, bad discipline - but never mind, it's early season, the stuff that mattered was guts. They had the balls to stay in it.

And then the end of the game. That is what Kaprizov gets paid for. He forced the refs to give the OT penalty by his tenacity on the puck. And then Eek: hat trick, dying seconds tying goal, OT winner - all scored from where they should be scored from, the edge of the blue paint. And Fiala clicking tic tac toe style with Kap in the OT winner. That could be a future dynamic duo Batman and Robin style. Foligno sending the message that the other team's tough guys are going to have to face a pretty nasty bout if their team mates keep targeting Kaprizov.

There is a grey cloud here, though. We seem to be pretty much equal to the Jets and the Jets are middle of the pack. Guerin has to keep on working hard to make the Wild better. That's future, right now it's a time for little celebration 🍻

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

9 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I never will be a Cam Talbot fan, but I gotta give him his due... some top notch saves near the end of regulation and in OT....particularly that 2 on 1 the Jets generated in OT.
Thought for sure Cam was gonna let one in there.

Bottom line, he made the big saves when he needed to. All I ever want from a goalie.

I think he is  a better goalie than Dubnyk was for our team.

6 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Game was exciting on KFAN stream, Bob Kurtz on the call along with Joe O'Donnell and Tom Reid. Nice job navigating the offside challenge and OT infractions.

I was listening entire game on a radio. Always enjoyed their work for years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

There is a grey cloud here, though. We seem to be pretty much equal to the Jets and the Jets are middle of the pack. Guerin has to keep on working hard to make the Wild better. That's future, right now it's a time for little celebration 🍻

Sure but so far there's quite the different vibe going on with this team. Things we haven't seen much of or ever.
Possibly we played them even being 2-0 and feeling comfortable while they were 0-2 and desperate for a win.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Easily the most entertaining game since - I can't even remember when. Kaprizov had some pretty wonderful stuff last season, but this game had it all.

Bad PK, bad goal tending, bad discipline - but never mind, it's early season, the stuff that mattered was guts. They had the balls to stay in it.

And then the end of the game. That is what Kaprizov gets paid for. He forced the refs to give the OT penalty by his tenacity on the puck. And then Eek: hat trick, dying seconds tying goal, OT winner - all scored from where they should be scored from, the edge of the blue paint. And Fiala clicking tic tac toe style with Kap in the OT winner. That could be a future dynamic duo Batman and Robin style. Foligno sending the message that the other team's tough guys are going to have to face a pretty nasty bout if their team mates keep targeting Kaprizov.

That's true. I did not see that much before. Kaprizov always will be targeting during his career here and nice to see that our "A" Captain Foligno transformed into a Batman to protect him. Wish to have more Batmans for our team. At least 2-3.🙂

Our 1st line was the most productive yesterday (10 points)- EEK - 3 goals; Zuccarello- 2 goals;2 assists; Kaprizov  - 3 assists. Hope the other lines will produce better too. We need a nice production from our all offensive lines. 

Our arena was almost full yesterday ( more than 18,000.00 fans  attended there). Team gave them a real show including OT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Sure but so far there's quite the different vibe going on with this team. Things we haven't seen much of or ever.
Possibly we played them even being 2-0 and feeling comfortable while they were 0-2 and desperate for a win.

Definitely a different feel. The team has an eery resemblance to Bill Guerin. There is no question whose team this now beginning to be.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Definitely a different feel. The team has an eery resemblance to Bill Guerin. There is no question whose team this now beginning to be.

I think if the team will not pass 1st round playoffs(hope we will make it) and even by playing 7 games during it then entire coaching staff will be replaced by Guerin. He really wants to see changes but not the same results for years.

43 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Our 1st line was the most productive yesterday (10 points)- EEK - 3 goals; Zuccarello- 2 goals;2 assists; Kaprizov  - 3 assists. Hope the other lines will produce better too. We need a nice production from our all offensive lines. 

Agree about the first line. Overall I thought everyone played well in the offensive end with the possible exception of Greenway, who I thought looked a step slow or uninterested. That might be a little harsh and I didn’t specifically key on him on his shifts, but when I did notice him, he looked slow.

On the defensive end, we just allowed way to many chances in front of our net. That has to be shored up. And all those penalties….well, we can’t do that every night and be successful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I think he is  a better goalie than Dubnyk was for our team.

If you are comparing what Talbot is now to what Dubnyk was when he left, sure.

But "peak" Dubnyk was unbelievable in a way that Talbot never was at his peak or even now.
If given a choice to backstop a team between Dubnyk in his best years and Talbot in his, I'd take Dubnyk every single time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If you are comparing what Talbot is now to what Dubnyk was when he left, sure.

But "peak" Dubnyk was unbelievable in a way that Talbot never was at his peak or even now.
If given a choice to backstop a team between Dubnyk in his best years and Talbot in his, I'd take Dubnyk every single time.

Talbot's best years are going to come, my guess. Actually he played his best last year with our team. I enjoyed his play more than Dubnyk's, including 7 playoffs games last season. Hope he will continue this way. Dubnyk's best years passed long time ago. He was very good when he was traded to us on that year.  His play during our all playoffs seasons is questionable. He also had too many softies and was not consistent in his play in my opinion. Another sad part , I think, he never recognized his mistakes and was blaming other players, but always wanted to play most games. And he did. Interesting, Guerin moved him and Stalock out of the team at the same time. Same happened with #11 and #20 this year. Did Parise played any games new season? I know Suter is active for Dallas.