What would you give up for Suter?

Guest Phillygrump

Unless he agrees to sign before the trade, nothing. I don't want a rental, not this year.

this, however, if he were "signable" i think JvR, Ben Holmstrom, and a pick. here's the thing about Nashville they're thin up front, so we'd give them a top 5 forward (on their team) right now with the potential to be a solid 70 pt player for a long time. he's big, fast, lot's of talent. Holmstrom gives them a depth forward with some speed, and they'll take the pick and draft another stud d-man or goalie with it...

the other thing to consider is people will be wiling to pay suter a lot of money because he's a total package and part of why Weber can be WEBER. we might not have the cap room to fit a 6+ million a year player where as other contenders may.

it's nice to consider having a young anchor for the defense though.

I near a lot of rumblings about Ryan Suter. My question to the forum faithful is what would you be willing to part with for Suter?

What do you think is a realistic deal for Suter?

Fortunately, this is moot. He'll either resign, become a FA or maybe we'd give them a pick. But that's it.

As a Wings fan, I would love to see us get him, but would give up very little as he is a ufa at the end of the season. If Lidstrom calls it a career I think he will wind up in hockeytown, if nick comes back we cannot afford both with the cap, so we are in a wait and see mode.

Suter is a really good all-around blue-liner, but don't we already pretty much have 4 of those? Unfortunately, I don't think we can think too big until Kimmo's contract is up. Hopefully, Weber gets complacent with his new contract and we can pick him and his ridiculous contract up in a couple of years (when we can afford it).

If Carle expects Suter money, then we can think differently about this.