Game 3: Bruins at Flyers; 10/20/21 @ 7:30 PM, TNT

Howie58

Thanks Corky yeah your Bs looked a little rusty...didn't they have a long layoff before tonight or am I confusing them with another team?

Anyway the Flyers took advantage of their mistakes and there were a lot of them, unusual for the Bruins esp all the TOs. I expect the rematch whenever it is they'll look more like themselves.

• Like 1

We'll take the win.

Bruins outplayed Philly...Jones played well. Swayman sucked. Nice to see it the other way around for a change. 

Farabee is going to be a complete steal through his contract.

Brassard, so far, looks like a good pick up. So does Yandle. So far.

Sanheim and Ristolainen should NOT be a pairing. It's not fair to our goalies. Sanheim wasn't good (though he blocked SIX shots). Risto was terrible.

Good 3rd period. The first 2 left a lot to be desired. We can't expect the other teams goalies to play Flyer goaltending every game.

Staying out of the box was key to beating the Bs.

Edited by flyercanuck

2 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

I said i was going to give my .02

You are getting .01....

Swayman gave up a few softies, very sloppy defense in front of him, only 2 games into the season, tighten up and they should be fine, this game sucked, that is all.

we want a refund

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

I said i was going to give my .02

You are getting .01....

Swayman gave up a few softies, very sloppy defense in front of him, only 2 games into the season, tighten up and they should be fine, this game sucked, that is all.

Audit the count!

If Jones was bad, and Risto disappointing as expected, but the team won 6-3, I'm feeling pretty good about that. Unless I'm totally nuts (softball!), these two CAN get better. That makes for some good possibilities 

• Like 1

First game back - first game in a new city RR wasn't so terrible last night, couple nice hits as expected, out of sync with Sanheim also as expected. 

Sanheim got a bad break, puck off his skate right to Kuhlman. But he lets Kuhlman setup behind him for an easy tap-in goal. If he's more aware and doesn't allow that there is no "bad break."

He's young a work-in-progress. I would tell him to showcase his puck-rushing skills later. This year he should concentrate on becoming a better defender.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The press on Risto is uniformly bad. I hope he gets his bleep together. 

He's 26 now. He is what he is. A big hitter with some offence who has no clue how to play without the puck. If he had any hockey sense there would have been a bidding war for him.

Ok, there was a bidding war, but it was only Chuck Fletcher.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll just offer that perhaps some credit where credit is due might be in order.

Fletcher could easily have been in a bidding war with Homer, which is where the 2nd round pick entered into the deal.

Fletch: "how about a 1st and Haag?"
Homer: "throw in a 2nd"
Fletch: "Should we talk to them first?"
Homer: "nah"

#halloffame

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

He's 26 now. He is what he is. A big hitter with some offence who has no clue how to play without the puck. If he had any hockey sense there would have been a bidding war for him.

I guess this comes under the "time will tell" gig!   I wish our D youngins had grown faster or in case of Meyers, better.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

I'll just offer that perhaps some credit where credit is due might be in order.

Fletcher could easily have been in a bidding war with Homer, which is where the 2nd round pick entered into the deal.

Fletch: "how about a 1st and Haag?"
Homer: "throw in a 2nd"
Fletch: "Should we talk to them first?"
Homer: "nah"

#halloffame

This is sooo true that I really didn't think it needed to be said. We were ALL already thinking it.

• Like 1