Game 4: Panthers at Flyers' 10/23/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Draftkings shows us as a fairly steep underdog.  The visitors are number 2 in their ratings, we are #15.  The Panthers are super-stingy on D with great scoring, explaining a 4-0 start:

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/nhl-hockey-predictions/9df4344d-6f31-545e-ab4f-77554c1bcd35

Historically, we've played well against the Panthers, particularly in Sunrise

https://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Florida_Panthers

But in the last few years, the Barkov line has given us fits.  This is a great test for the O and B.  

LGF!

15 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Looking forward to attending this game in person instead of from my recliner in Rochester, NY! Haven’t made the trip down to Philly since before COVID. 

Samifan:

I hope you have a great visit.  My grandmother lived in Rochester--Portsmouth Terrace.  I have memories of Rochester Red Wings baseball during the Baltimore Era at Silver Stadium.  I flew up from Philly on Eastern....sometimes on four-engine prop planes!  I haven't been there since the Seventies.  I always thought it was a great mid-sized town.  Have a pretzel and beer for me.  Enjoy!!!

Howie

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

Looking forward to attending this game in person instead of from my recliner in Rochester, NY! Haven’t made the trip down to Philly since before COVID. 

Should be a good game. I hope we get the Flyers team that showed up against the Bruins and not the one that showed up against the Canucks. 

LGF!

Well looks like Ryan Ellis is injured and might not play tomorrow per Charlie.

That sucks so who would play with Ivan?

:PopcornSmiley2:

Well this could get ugly tonight with that blueline looking like that.

Guess we'll see.

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 19 Derick Brassard - 89 Cam Atkinson
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 25 James van Riemsdyk
62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 44 Nate Thompson - 17 Zack MacEwen

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 70 Rasmus Ristolainen
3 Keith Yandle - 24 Nick Seeler

79 Carter Hart
[35 Martin Jones]

PANTHERS (based on Thursday)

23 Carter Verhaeghe - 16 Aleksander Barkov - 10 Anthony Duclair
11 Jonathan Huberdeau - 9 Sam Bennett - 74 Owen Tippett
70 Patric Hörnqvist - 15 Anton Lundell - 13 Sam Reinhart
77 Frank Vatrano - 27 Eetu Luostarinen - 17 Mason Marchment

52 MacKenzie Weegar - 5 Aaron Ekblad
2 Gus Forsling - 7 Radko Gudas
44 Kevin Connauton - 62 Brandon Montour

72 Sergei Bobrovsky
[30 Spencer Knight]

Panthers have a seriously good top line and a lot of potential secondary scoring -  but the bad news for the Flyers (as if that wasn't enough) is their D + Bob, if he's on his game, has been playing well. Just one game - their first, an OT win vs Pitt - they allowed more than 1 goal.

Hart vs Bob is going to be a fun one!

16 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ya both goalies are playing great had to figure this would be a goalie's game.

Nice to see the Flyers get a shorty early in the season...seems like after the Richards years the Flyers struggled to score shorthanded goals.

Man Sanheim totally shi it the bed on that second goal....damn it is like he just watched it go by the top of the crease right to the Panther player....

:rage:

Edited by OccamsRazor

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man Sanheim totally shi it the bed on that second goal....damn it is like he just watched it go by the top of the crease right to the Panther player....

:rage:

Yeah Sanheim is not having a very good night.

Risto has the passer so Sanheim floating in the middle - in no man's land - is the worst possible spot as he's covering exactly nothing. Make matters worse he's eyeballing the puck the whole way, which you'd think would let him intercept the pass but it goes right thru him.

It was his very obvious interference penalty in the 1st gave the Panthers their first PP, which they scored on.

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Make matters worse he's eyeballing the puck the whole way, which you'd think would let him intercept the pass but it goes right thru him

That is exactly WTF I was screaming at my TV about it is one thing if you don't see it but damn he watched and turned his head and tracks it like a damn umpire in baseball SMGDH.

🤬

• Haha 2