Kraken home opener

Buffalo Rick

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

That place will be a zoo!  I wish I had a bunch of tickets and was selling the beer 🍺 and 🥃 whiskey!   Imagine the scalpers.  I hope they win!  

A zoo?
I expect nothing less when a battle between orcas and cephalopods takes place!
This sea battle should make the Kong vs T-Rex fights look like Tom and Jerry! :ph34r: 

But yea, Seattle should be jumpin, but I have to wonder how much of that crowd will be partisan Vancouver Canucks fans.
I mean, for a LONG time, Seattle and its surrounding burbs were Canucks territory. I don't expect that to simply change overnight.

Looking forward to this myself of course, as I have interest in the Canucks, and well, it's ALWAYS fun when something like hockey in Seattle is all new and shiny once again!

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

A zoo?
I expect nothing less when a battle between orcas and cephalopods takes place!
This sea battle should make the Kong vs T-Rex fights look like Tom and Jerry! :ph34r: 

But yea, Seattle should be jumpin, but I have to wonder how much of that crowd will be partisan Vancouver Canucks fans.
I mean, for a LONG time, Seattle and its surrounding burbs were Canucks territory. I don't expect that to simply change overnight.

Looking forward to this myself of course, as I have interest in the Canucks, and well, it's ALWAYS fun when something like hockey in Seattle is all new and shiny once again!

I agree on most nights but tonight should have more locals as it’s a historical occasion.  No doubt plenty of Vancouver fans will be there though

End of the first, Seattle score in the dying seconds to be up 1-0

Boy, that score doesn't reflect the play that was for the majority of the period. Seattle struggled to keep the puck in their forward zone, most of the time making bad entries that are immediately pushed back by a strong Vancouver defence. 

Seattle's defence held up remarkably well under a lot of pressure from Vancouver's forwards, managing to keep the puck out of the net and minimising the number of times shots got through to the keeper. 

Hmm. I doubt Seattle will win this one, their defence will crack sooner or later and Vancouver will run over them- unless their forwards get their **** together

End of the second, score tied 1-1

Play was a lot more even, though Vancouver got the only goal. Seattle early on was checking a bit more, Vancouver using their transition game. 

If either team were against a more skilled opponent the scores would not be tied. Flubbed passes and bad receives are happening all over the ice by both teams and it's hard to watch at times. If one team gets more discipline in its fundamentals in the third, the game will go to them. 

Edited by Puck_Pun
Sp

Final score 4-2 Vancouver win, with goal 4 being empty net.

Boy period 3 was on the whole pretty dull. Some great moments but overall lacklustre play from both teams. If both teams play their seasons like this we won't see either in the playoffs

Final score 4-2 Vancouver win, with goal 4 being empty net.

Boy period 3 was on the whole pretty dull. Some great moments but overall lacklustre play from both teams. If both teams play their seasons like this we won't see either in the playoffs