Wild vs. Predators 10/24/2021 @ 5:00PM CST at the "X"

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Predators Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (4-0-0)  8pts  2nd in the Central

3.75 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.75 Goals Against Per Game (15th in the NHL)

26.7% Power Play (11th in the NHL)

70.6% Penalty Kill (28th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

2. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 0G 5A = 5pts

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 2G 2A = 4pts

4. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 3G 0A = 3pts

5. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 24 PIM’s

2. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 6 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (4-0)  2.68GAA  .904%SP

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen N/A

Vs.

Nashville Predators (1-4)  2pts  6th in the Central

2.40 Goals For Per Game (24th in the NHL)

3.40 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

26.7% Power Play (10th in the NHL)

73.3% Penalty Kill (25th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

2. #59 Roman Josi ~ 2G 1A = 3pts

3. #26 Philip Tomasino ~ 2G 1A = 3pts

4. #92 Ryan Johansen ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

5. #21 Nick Cousins ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #84 Tanner Jennot ~ 13 PIM’s

2. #13 Yakov Trenin ~ 7 PIM’s

3. #17 Ben Harpur ~ 4 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #74 Juuse Saros (1-4)  2.88GAA  .900%SP

2. #33 David Rittich N/A

I wrote up the game preview today.  I will have a post-gamer as well summarizing the weekend games as well as a feature on the Iowa Wild and another big prospect report.  Minnesota is entertaining the heck out of us, but is it sustainable?  I have really liked how Hartman has started off the season and that 2nd line to me seems to be the source of strength that keeps this Wild engine going.  What do you think?  

• Like 4

Another game I won't be able to watch live. If I could I definitely would. This should be an exciting one, for the reasons that there are so many players playing against a team that dumped them, and Kahkonen, who is apparently playing in this one. He rattles me. I thought he might even be a future number one goalie, and now I'm afraid he might not even be a number two. Couple that with Talbot suddenly being quite shaky compared to last season, and we have a very revealing game at hand. It should definitely be a clear win, but it could as well be a catastrophic game. It's a very entertaining situation! Bad for heart, maybe but we only live once.

• Like 1

We have a few small advantages today. Nashville played also last night but a bit later and a bit of travel.
Also it might have been more physical vs the Jets as we weren't in that style of game.
Hopefully the team supports Kahkonen in his first start.
Hartman has been stepping up in his role, I think. No monkey business last night...Hits the Ice, Got the puck BOOM score.
No fancy attempt at a pass. 
Interesting how not so long ago that Kahkonen was to be our saviour in net only now ...Who knows.

Back home from the cities. Love going to Schwan’s Super Rinks. I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve been there over the years coaching a AAA team. The brewery by it was awesome. Can’t remember the name of it but recommend it. 

damnit 

If the Predators were expected to have "less energy", you wouldn't know it by this game so far.
They seem to have a bit more jump than the Wild, helped out by MN penalties, sure, but seem more aggressive on offense, and obviously opportunistic.

Mikael Granlund with a pair of assists against his old club.... ya hate to see it.

Looks like the Wild are gonna have to continue their 'cardiac' ways if they are gonna pull out a win here.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If the Predators were expected to have "less energy", you wouldn't know it by this game so far.
They seem to have a bit more jump than the Wild, helped out by MN penalties, sure, but seem more aggressive on offense, and obviously opportunistic.

Mikael Granlund with a pair of assists against his old club.... ya hate to see it.

Looks like the Wild are gonna have to continue their 'cardiac' ways if they are gonna pull out a win here.

Meh... If he did that more consistently here he'd still be with us.

Nashville being allowed easy entries into the Minnesota zone.
Also, white n yellow jerseys are being allowed to camp out and be comfortable around Kahkonen.

Good push there as I finish this post, by the Wild.
Nothing to show, but that is the sort of play they need to get back into this....pressure Ingram and get the Preds running around their own zone a bit.

Much better PK by the Wild this time.
Challenged all the zone entries, used the sticks appropriately (not tripping people...imagine that!), and allowed no good passing lanes to the Nashville attackers.

Let's see if they can translate that same type of play 5 on 5 and slow down the Preds there.