Is Couturier 100% healthy or what?

Maybe I'm imagining this but it seems over 4 games that Couturier is just not all the way "there." I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. I've seen some really weak outlet passes and flubs off his stick. His shots have been the same, weak and off the mark. His line is putting up points but he doesn't seem to be leading it so much as following it.

Am I reading too much into a measly 4 games?

17 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Maybe I'm imagining this but it seems over 4 games that Couturier is just not all the way "there." I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. I've seen some really weak outlet passes and flubs off his stick. His shots have been the same, weak and off the mark. His line is putting up points but he doesn't seem to be leading it so much as following it.

Am I reading too much into a measly 4 games?

I can't say if he is or not really.

But I know for sure we need to get Lindblom going 1 assist in 4 games is not enough.

And while we're at it JVR finding the net couldn't hurt either.

Guys like Cam, Giroux and TK have been carrying the club.

Let's get it going.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

But I know for sure we need to get Lindblom going 1 assist in 4 games is not enough.

You mean offensive dynamo center Scott Laughton isn't the third line pivot of our dreams?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

You mean offensive dynamo center Scott Laughton isn't the third line pivot of our dreams?

He's probably not anyone's first choice to pair with Lindblom but shuffling the top 6 who are all playing well and already look settled in chemistry-wise may not be such a great idea.

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He's probably not anyone's first choice to pair with Lindblom but shuffling the top 6 who are all playing well and already look settled in chemistry-wise may not be such a great idea.

Right, I get that. The point is that Laughton was never supposed to be the pivot for JVR and Lindblom and either Hayes or Brassard would be more likely to get their games going that Laughton ever will.

Like, it's not entirely JVR and Lindblom's fault they "aren't producing."

On 10/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I can't say if he is or not really.

Guys like Cam, Giroux and TK have been carrying the club.

Let's get it going.

Yes, Coots looks sluggish and a bit off of his game for sure. Hopefully, a little more between game practice gets his game back to where it needs to be. Maybe we're expecting too much from Lindblom. There, I said it (prepares for eggs to be thrown at him).

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Coots looks sluggish and a bit off of his game for sure.

He done signed his new deal now he can stop faking...this is who he is he said.

Stuck with him.

Deal with it...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

5 hours ago, radoran said:

Like, it's not entirely JVR and Lindblom's fault they "aren't producing."

I agree with you about Oskar he really would benefit from playing with a talented, creative center. But I can't let JVR off the hook that easily. It is entirely his fault he's not producing. Laughton is a serviceable 3rd line center. 3rd line obviously doesn't get big minutes but JVR is big, skates well and is plenty smart - he just hates playing hockey lol.

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

I agree with you about Oskar he really would benefit from playing with a talented, creative center. But I can't let JVR off the hook that easily. It is entirely his fault he's not producing. Laughton is a serviceable 3rd line center. 3rd line obviously doesn't get big minutes but JVR is big, skates well and is plenty smart - he just hates playing hockey lol.

I'm not at all a JVR apologist and would happily drive him to the airport when he is traded.

That said, Laughton averages 1/3 of a point per game for his career, an assist every five games.

His best season was 27 points in 49 games two years ago for .55 points per game. Last year he was back down to .37 ppg.

When your center is averaging a point every three games, that's not going to help your wingers get untracked.

It's not Laughton's fault, it's just not his skillset to be an offensively productive pivot for scoring wingers.

The hope going into the season was that Brassard might get some more offense out of the third line with Hayes on 2nd. Obviously, there was the injury issue there.

The Flyers have the wingers to give them that offensive depth, they simply lack the centers to make them as productive as they c/should be.

The good thing is that it hasn't really been a problem yet this season.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:51 AM, GratefulFlyers said:

Whether he's physically incapable due to illness, or just rust, fact is, he isnt playing well enough to be in any other spot

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Whether he's physically incapable due to illness, or just rust, fact is, he isnt playing well enough to be in any other spot

But that is kind of the point Laughton and JVR aren't doing squat to help Lindblom out at all and at least he has an excuse for Christ sake WTF do the other two have ailing them besides being just non productive?

Give Oskar some better lineages and maybe he has a better game.

I mean we already know JVR isn't going to play defense and help retrieve the puck so Oskar has to do all the heavy lifting when he is already trying to get back to where he was.

And which brings us to Laughton who just doesn't have the skills Oskar needs from his pivot.

And we'll there isn't much room to move guys around.

And if NAK doesn't get his head out his ass he needs to be sat for someone who will.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And if NAK doesn't get his head out his ass he needs to be sat for someone who will.

I don't know about you, but I'm not getting NAK's head out of his ass and I'm not sure there's anyone else who wants that job, either...

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Give Oskar some better lineages and maybe he has a better game.

Or it could just be that this is the type of player they have in their fifth round draft choice. He's a great comeback story, but his "breakout" was 17 goals and 33 points in one season.

That's Rafflesque.

It just might be that his ceiling is a 10-15 goal scorer and 25-30 points. Not a "bad player" just not an impact game changer.

In the end, we'll find out more as the season develops and when Hayes comes back (and if he's effective) then they get some more depth down the middle. As it is, the Flyers are winning games early in the season with a somewhat depleted depth corps.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, radoran said:

Or it could just be that this is the type of player they have in their fifth round draft choice. He's a great comeback story, but his "breakout" was 17 goals and 33 points in one season

Yes it could be.

But he also could be the guy who had 11 of those goals on a very good line with TK and Coots when they were on fire before his diagnosis.

So ask yourself how do we find out?

How about this better linealmates.

Then go from there.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But that is kind of the point Laughton and JVR aren't doing squat to help Lindblom out at all and at least he has an excuse for Christ sake WTF do the other two have ailing them besides being just non productive

Nuff said

Riley Cote is prolly available

• Like 1

How about this better linealmates.

Then go from there.

So, which of the first two, productive lines are you breaking up to give Lindblom "better linemates" to "find out" about him?

And why wouldn't you do the same for the guy who has scored 25-30 goals on a consistent basis in this league?

You know one guy is a 25-30 goal scorer with good support. The other guy might be. What's the thinking behind giving the "might" the chance over the "know"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

So, which of the first two, productive lines are you breaking up to give Lindblom "better linemates" to "find out" about him?

You have already answered it.

Move Giroux the 2nd line center.

Lindblom Coots Konecny

Farabee Giroux Atkinson

Laughton Brassard JVR

NAK Thompson Macewen

Maybe the top line can regain their chemistry they had before Oskar went on they were on fiya then but it also give the 2nd line a better center.

Not to knock on Brassard but Joel and Cam have played well I have to think Giroux is way more skill than Derrick.

Worth a try to get Oskar going I think.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, radoran said:

And why wouldn't you do the same for the guy who has scored 25-30 goals on a consistent basis in this league?

And because I like Oskar and value him more than JVR who I could careless about not a big fan of his play and up and down goal scoring.

In fact will he score this year?

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And because I like Oskar and value you JVR I could careless about not a big fan of his play and up and down goal scoring.

In fact will he score this year?

Not consistently - without better linemates :thumbsu:

Never a good thing to be making plans and projections based on whether you "like" a player. That's how a team trades a consistent 25-30 goal scorer for a run of the mill defenceman.

I like Oskar much more than JVR as a story. As a player he's got a lot more to prove.