Zach Kassian

I remember when Kassian was drafted by the Sabres and the big splash he made.  What does he have left now?  Does anyone know?  Has anyone followed his recent play?  I am not sure where he was last.  I know he was on either Edmonton or Vancouver or both?  Well he is on the waiver wire.  I wonder if the Sabres should entertain picking him up?  Or not? 

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I know he was on either Edmonton or Vancouver or both?

Both? That would be interesting. 

Kassian is currently a 3rd line wing for the Oilers. He played last night. 

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He did play for Vancouver also

I know. I was busting your chops by the way your post was written. 

10 hours ago, Samifan said:

I know he was on either Edmonton or Vancouver or both?

made it sound like he was playing for both teams at the same time. 😂

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He did play for Vancouver also

You're behind the times, man. Zack Kassian hasn't played for the Canucks since the end of 2015 season. He went to the Habs, was suspended before even playing a game there, and then traded to the Oilers in late 2015. Even then... Aside from all of that, Kassian hasn't been waived, nor has he ever been during his career.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

You're behind the times, man. Zack Kassian hasn't played for the Canucks since the end of 2015 season. He went to the Habs, was suspended before even playing a game there, and then traded to the Oilers in late 2015. Even then... Aside from all of that, Kassian hasn't been waived, nor has he ever been during his career.

Do you think he is good still?

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Do you think he is good still?

I get why scouts like him: he has size, strength, wheels and is very tough. He has tools, but also doesn't have a toolbox in which to put them. He's inconsistent, disappears for stretches, flies the defensive zone before the puck is out, and takes silly penalties. Every now and then he puts things together, and you see what he could be.

No, I don't think he's very good. Not at his price tag.

9 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I get why scouts like him: he has size, strength, wheels and is very tough. He has tools, but also doesn't have a toolbox in which to put them. He's inconsistent, disappears for stretches, flies the defensive zone before the puck is out, and takes silly penalties. Every now and then he puts things together, and you see what he could be.

No, I don't think he's very good. Not at his price tag.

He has always shown promise.   I have seen speed and toughness from him.   I really thought he would take off and be a  star.  But that is not likely.