Tarasenko Trade value

Now that tarasenko has played over 40 games and had a full off season training, he has come back in a huge way with the goal of the week possibly of the year and with 3g 3a in 5 games. 

So what is his value at deadline if he keeps up the pace

WHats his value in the offseason if he keeps up the pace

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, first off, @KostinU37

I would think in a perfect scenario, the Blues would want to KEEP Vladi around as he has been a big part of the team's success in the past, and if he really is over his injuries and is even in the same ballpark of his former self, he could be part of the solution once again.

The team seems to be playing reasonably well and it has its defense corp and goaltending locked down for the next few seasons.
The forwards group aren't a bunch of "old men" with guys who can still produce and perform....and that should include Tarasenko.

Guessing the big question is.. Does Tarasenko want to be in St. Louis?
I have always been a firm believer that no matter how talented a player is, if he really doesn't want to be there, then you find some way to get him off the team...whether that is a trade, a buyout, or a move to the minors.....because to me it makes no sense forcing someone to stay around if they don't want to. That is just a recipe for locker room cancer.

If Tarasenko has become disenchanted with the Blues (or perhaps the team with him for some reason?), and Tarasenko continues to perform, I would think a first or second rounder along with a good prospect who is almost NHL ready, and a current middling roster player would be something the Blues can expect in return.

That may sound like a lot, or not enough, but sometimes it is hard to tell from the trade market seeing as how we have teams giving out first and second rounders like candy (the Lightning for instance) in order to get a good player to complete a Cup run.
But then, we have also seen teams seemingly not get ENOUGH of a return on a given player.....one example, an older one, is your very own Blues who, IMO, basically stole Ryan O'Reilly from Buffalo for three players who never really panned out for the Sabres (Berglund, Sabotka), and one who is marginal, as of this posting (Tage Thompson).

So yea, I would say Tarasenko should command a pretty good return, but again, if the relationship between player and team is fine and Vladi is healthy and performing, I don't see WHY the Blues would want to trade him when they still have a good enough core, still mostly in their primes, who, with the right supplemental additions, could try for another Stanley Cup.....with Vladi on board.

2 hours ago, KostinU37 said:

Now that tarasenko has played over 40 games and had a full off season training, he has come back in a huge way with the goal of the week possibly of the year and with 3g 3a in 5 games. 

So what is his value at deadline if he keeps up the pace

WHats his value in the offseason if he keeps up the pace

Great post glad to have you here....

If he keeps playing this was, ask him again near the deadline if he still wishes to be moved, if so, and his value is decent, take all you can get for him.