Morgan Reilly signs eight year extension on team friendly deal

Very nice deal for the Leafs team friendly 8 year AAV of 7.5 million per. Does this mean Nylander is dealt soon? Something has to give or they will be playing half a dozen players alongside a bunch of AHL players. Still, love the deal for Toronto and Reilly gets long term security. 

Wee Willie, start packing.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Does this mean Nylander is dealt soon?

Honestly, from where I sit, Tavares is the (cap hit) "problem". His regular season production is "fine" (but for $11M??) and his playoff record is 4 goals, 8 points, -8 in 13 games for Tronno.

Again, for $11M. And a NMC. Might just be me, but I've never been overly impressed with him. The Isles, for example, got better once he left...

Reilly's a good deal for The Leafs. But to your point they have about $5.3M in cap space with 9F, 5D and 1G signed for next season...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nylander is one of the only leafs playing well.  Why would they deal him? Lol

Marner or Tavares, one of them has to go

NTC prevents that, lol. Wee Willie the only one of the big four who can be moved without him stopping it. Marner and Matthews will come around, Tavares wont allow himself to be moved. If it is one it has to be Nylander.