Game 7: Flyers at Flames; 10/30/21 @ 10 PM

OccamsRazor

33 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Dear RJ:

I agree with your assessment.  The strange thing, noted in the game and elsewhere, is the fact that Laughton's line is one of the three best in possession to date.  I never thought of JVR as a possession dude, but that is what's happening.  That said, I agree that Hayes' return will allow for juggling and yes, some more distributed scoring.  I hope AV is right about Oskar--he is getting sea legs back.  The other Q is whether JVR is becoming an overpriced powerplay dude with even less juice 5 on five?  That's almost too much to contemplate.  

As far as the third lines possession stats…they posses the puck but can’t finish, it’s like the guy at the bar who raps with a girl all night and at the end of the night he goes home alone, he doesn’t score , just like the third line.  I think to get Lindblom going , maybe move him up with Coots and Konecny, they were great together a few years ago. G can center the second line and Brassard can center the third and move Laughton to the wing . Then I’d Lindblom gets going and Allison comes back, we can dump JVR at the deadline.