Anyone here actually play hockey ?

Brewin Flames

Long story short...I played in a bar league in my 20's after i got out of the USMC.

The scoring was wide open as we used regulation NHL sized nets. My stats, and i'm not joking were 72 goals and 74 assists in two seasons in 48 games.

And i had 95 penalty minutes as well...i am 51 now with a bad right ankle and knee, i miss playing.

Funny story, the first night my wife cam to see me play, i wanted to make an impression, so i decided to (my first shift) to out and run the biggest guy on the other team....i was able to drive him into the boards and get in one (sucker) punch....it did not end well for me.

Tossed from the game, and had my ass kicked as well, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was a slow stay at home defenseman. The more I played, the more my teammates told me to stay at home.

I still skate, I have taught three of my grandkids, we have even been to the Ice Haus in Columbus to skate where the Jackets hold preseason practices. My oldest grandson was in awe that we watched the Jackets in a free to the public practice a few years ago and two weeks later we were on the same ice. He still talks about it

• Like 4

Never played ...played baseball in college (DIII).   I used to be able to skate years ago.  However at 52 and a titanium hip later, sadly I haven't been on the ice in a VERY LONG time.  My youngest is begging me to take her to rink.  

• Like 3

I played up through senior year in high school. Club hockey and pick up games.  Started out at the rink in Radnor back when the Flyers practiced there.  Then also the Skadium.

Blew out my knee playing church softball, of all things.  I still skated after that and still some pick up games after moving to Lancaster County (frozen pond, so not a lot of opportunity).

All of that was YEARS ago.  I now live in an area where hockey is as weird as food that isn't deep fried.

• Like 2

Yup. Only up until pee-wee though, but love playing and miss it alot, didn't know how much till old of course - played centre and won city championship one year, we all got championship jackets for it 🙃

Best years of life was childhood🍻

• Like 2

I played ice and roller hockey in NY for many years , from second grade until I was around 45. I was a dominating force. Then I had  an eye injury and after that ,rotator cuff and back surgery and I am 57 now and just about every disc in my back and neck is herniated to some degree. I am now a slovenly couch potato 🥔 

• Like 1

Grown up in hockey family (I'm half czech, my mother knows Dominik Hasek, both were living on the same street a couple of meters away), so it was the logical path for me. My first jersey was a green North Star (because former D-man Frantisek Musil was another friend of my mother and played for the North Stars at that time - hence my ongoing connection with the franchise). I kept on playing in junior leagues until being a teenager but I kept on playing for fun and remained close to hockey.

Hard to find significant time to play at a decent rate but my next objective is to build a little natural ice rink in my backyard, get my kids interested in it (but not too much: it's a damn expensive sport) and get a big majority when it comes to negociating future hockey trips.  

• Like 1

I completely forgot to list hockey parent along with player, coach and ref. Three boys, all different levels of ability and desire, all still love the game. Even the goalie. Those rink years are fleeting, and end abruptly, but the world plays on.....