Game 11: Maple Leafs at Flyers; 11/10/21 @ 7:30 PM, NHLN

Howie58

Greetings:

Odds are in our favor by a smidgeon.  

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/maple-leafs-@-flyers.cfm/date/11-10-21

It looks like Jack Campbell and Carter Hart between the pipes.  

Take a gander at this injury list:

Player (Position) Status   Ats*Current O/U* Notes
Ryan Ellis (D) Out Indefinitely Lower Body - 22 / 10 / 21 6-2 2-6 +
Zack MacEwen (C) Ques Wed Personal - 17 / 10 / 21 - - +
Patrick Brown (C) Out Indefinitely Illness - 14 / 10 / 21 - - +
Ryan Ellis (D) Prob Fri Lower Body - 12 / 10 / 21 - - +
Rasmus Ristolainen (D) Ques Wed Upper Body - 12 / 10 / 21 - - +
Ryan Fitzgerald (C) Out Indefinitely Lower Body - 12 / 10 / 21 - - +
Egor Zamula (D) Ques Fri Groin - 30 / 09 / 21 - - +
Tanner Laczynski (C) Out For Season Hip - 29 / 09 / 21 - - +
Kevin Hayes (C) Prob Nov 10 Abdominal - 21 / 09 / 21 - - +
Samuel Morin (D) Late Nov Knee - 21 / 09 / 21

Ellis as indefinite?  Not good.  Risto is questionable.  Morin potential return is interesting--Does he become a possible 7th or is he a forgotten man?

This should be a good match. 

LGF

Edited by Howie58

Leafs flying around fast n loose, leaving all sorts of opportunities for Philly forwards.

None of which, they are taking advantage of.

I really would like the Flyers to win this so I don't have to endure how the Leafs are "Cup Contenders" once again on most media outlets. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.
I don't know much at all about her broadcast style, but Taryn Hatcher seemed pretty brutal on the Flyers (especially the PP) during that intermission.

Based on their performance, I'd say it is deserved, but unusual for a 'homer' announcer to sound like that for their own team.
Kinda refreshing actually....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Leafs flying around fast n loose, leaving all sorts of opportunities for Philly forwards.

None of which, they are taking advantage of.

I really would like the Flyers to win this so I don't have to endure how the Leafs are "Cup Contenders" once again on most media outlets. :rolleyes: 

The Leafs never stopped being Cup contenders!   😋

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Icechipper said:

If a Maple Leaf trips getting off the bus, you'll read about it....

Center of the hockey universe remember? I love all the whining and sour grapes lol. Makes me feel good.

The Flyers actually have *some* hardcore hockey fans, unlike many teams. Now just take what you have and multiply that by a bajillion and you would have what the Leafs have in terms of rabid hockey fanbase.  :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Joking aside, you're not wrong. 

That's why I enjoy this hockey forum, even if it isn't a Leafs-only forum because there are still real hockey fans here and knowledgeable hockey fans.  :)

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The Flyers are probably 5th in the sports depth chart in Philly (Eagles, Sixers, Phillies, college basketball, possibly something else. 

And that's where the difference is, but that applies to all US cities versus Canadian cities when it comes to hockey. In every Canadian city, hockey is #1.  Until the Flyers have more media and fan coverage than those other teams you mentioned (NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...) then it'll never be close.  Toronto has ~5 million people and three major sports franchises: Leafs, Jays, Raptors. The Leafs have always been #1 on that list.

Even non-Toronto NHL franchises get more coverage from Toronto than they do from their own home cities. It's as though Toronto is like the watchful eye tower from LOTR, aware of everything that goes on everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The Flyers have a rabid core base that is slowly aging and shrinking due to utter stupidity of the franchise and also being priced out.    The local network that used to cover hockey (Comcast SportsNet) has reduced their morning show to a repeating 10-minute old-Headline News Network-style headline thing.   In 10 minutes you have 7 minutes of what Eagle went to the bathroom and the consistency of the result, followed by equal shared time of Sixers, Flyers, and Phillies depending upon who played just last night, who was fired, or who was accused of pushing pills.    They used to have an afternoon roundtable group of reporters, etc., but that was killed because it actually talked about non-Eagles stuff for large minority portions.   It has currently been replaced by putting a radio show on camera and watching the host ramble on with callers about why Jalen Hurts' pants are too tight and are hampering blood and oxygen flow to his brain.

And that's literally about it.

Sorry to hear that.  :( 

Thankfully you can find lots of stuff on the internet these days, and that breaks down the wall of local television limitations.  

• Like 2