Leafs in town. A sea of Blue should be at the arena.

Buffalo Rick

I do not mean blue and gold either. How many of you guys are coming over the  bridge tonight?  Hey, I am happy you guys help support the Sabres. But what makes me mad as hell is that I can NEVER IN MY LIFE GET A TICKET TO SEE THEM IN TORONTO.  Is that fair?  The damn games are all sold out I understand. But would you not think one damn time they might set so many tickets aside for the Sabres fans to actually see a game up there?  It will never happen. I talked with some Montreal fans one night when I was at the game when we played them and they brought a few busloads down.  Oh yeah.  Montreal travels too and its not a two hour drive like Toronto.  Its a long ass drive.  8 hours.  And dont break down in winter. I've never been to Montreal.  Been to Toronto many times.  Its like driving one big oval circle to get around Toronto.  I like Eaton Center.  And who doesnt know about Young Street.  I went there when I was 16 with a high school buddy.  He picked up two girls and when they did not go along with what he wanted he told them to get out. He was a real arsehole. And a wimp to boot.  But Young st always had some girls hanging out.  Walking over the bums that slept on the curb. Some things never change.  Here is to the Sabres pulling a minor miracle and beating the mighty Leafs with Dell in goal.  I mean, I cant believe it. One of Lindy Ruff's castoffs.  They must have really given up on Luukenen.  What a waster that guy turned out to me.  Miller, Hasek, Edwards and Sauve.  Who will be the next franchise goalie in Buffalo?  I do not think he is with us yet . But hats off to Toharski for last night. 

PS, I see that Riso got an assists last night.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:50 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not mean blue and gold either. How many of you guys are coming over the  bridge tonight?  Hey, I am happy you guys help support the Sabres. But what makes me mad as hell is that I can NEVER IN MY LIFE GET A TICKET TO SEE THEM IN TORONTO.  Is that fair?  The damn games are all sold out I understand. But would you not think one damn time they might set so many tickets aside for the Sabres fans to actually see a game up there?  It will never happen.

Fair or unfair, the Leafs are the most valuable ticket in the NHL.  Why on earth would they reserve tickets for fans of OPPOSING teams when there are 5 million people in Toronto who desperately want to see them play live and can't?  

On 11/13/2021 at 4:50 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Been to Toronto many times.  Its like driving one big oval circle to get around Toronto.  I like Eaton Center.  And who doesnt know about Young Street.  I went there when I was 16 with a high school buddy.  He picked up two girls and when they did not go along with what he wanted he told them to get out. He was a real arsehole. And a wimp to boot.  But Young st always had some girls hanging out.  Walking over the bums that slept on the curb. Some things never change.  Here is to the Sabres pulling a minor miracle and beating the mighty Leafs with Dell in goal.  I mean, I cant believe it. One of Lindy Ruff's castoffs.  They must have really given up on Luukenen.  What a waster that guy turned out to me.  Miller, Hasek, Edwards and Sauve.  Who will be the next franchise goalie in Buffalo?  I do not think he is with us yet . But hats off to Toharski for last night. 

PS, I see that Riso got an assists last night.

Sabres fought hard but got outgunned by the Leafs last night.  :)  The way you beat a team like Toronto is with stiffling defence and physicality to push the Leafs smaller players around. It's tough to out-skill the Leafs with firewagon style hockey.   

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Fair or unfair, the Leafs are the most valuable expensive ticket in the NHL.

FIFY :hocky:

There is no reason that any team should be holding aside tickets for any specific group. Nor, IMO, should they be allowed to restrict any specific group from buying them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

FIFY :hocky:

There is no reason that any team should be holding aside tickets for any specific group. Nor, IMO, should they be allowed to restrict any specific group from buying them.

As evidenced by the number of Habs and Sens fans in attendance when Toronto plays those teams, nobody is being prevented from buying tickets. The only factor is the difficulty in getting them.  :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Fair or unfair, the Leafs are the most valuable ticket in the NHL.  Why on earth would they reserve tickets for fans of OPPOSING teams when there are 5 million people in Toronto who desperately want to see them play live and can't?  

Sabres fought hard but got outgunned by the Leafs last night.  :)  The way you beat a team like Toronto is with stiffling defence and physicality to push the Leafs smaller players around. It's tough to out-skill the Leafs with firewagon style hockey.   

Lets be fair and understand, NO Olofsson, No Middlestadt, and Tuch is on the way and maybe some other young talent like Quinn and Krebs. You sucked out that win with 11 seconds left vs a sack of crap named Dell.  Might well have been the farmer in the Dell.  Things will be different next time pal.  Your Leafs are not good enough to go all the way, proved by that stinking Montreal team last year.  

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Lets be fair and understand, NO Olofsson, No Middlestadt, and Tuch is on the way and maybe some other young talent like Quinn and Krebs. You sucked out that win with 11 seconds left vs a sack of crap named Dell.  Might well have been the farmer in the Dell.  Things will be different next time pal.

The Leafs usually suck hard against Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Your Leafs are not good enough to go all the way, proved by that stinking Montreal team last year.  

They haven't been past the first round since 2002? 2004? 

Here's an interesting bit of trivia:  If the Leafs make the Stanley Cup final, it'll be the farthest they've ever gone and the most games that they've ever played in the playoffs.

Why?  Because the Leafs have never been in a Cup final since the league went to FOUR rounds. They're the ONLY non-expansion team in the NHL not to appear in a 4-round Stanley Cup final.

4 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

As evidenced by the number of Habs and Sens fans in attendance when Toronto plays those teams, nobody is being prevented from buying tickets. The only factor is the difficulty in getting them.  :)

There have been teams - IIRC on baseball - who have put geographic limits on who could purchase tickets.

If I have read my Tronno fans correctly over the years the "problem" is corporate entities buying tickets - especially lower bowl - and not necessarily using or reselling them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Here's an interesting bit of trivia:  If the Leafs make the Stanley Cup final, it'll be the farthest they've ever gone and the most games that they've ever played in the playoffs.

Why?  Because the Leafs have never been in a Cup final since the league went to FOUR rounds. They're the ONLY non-expansion team in the NHL not to appear in a 4-round Stanley Cup final.

This isn't trivia. it's well known...:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

39 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I just thought it was hilarious that the Leafs played more games in the playoffs by reaching the conference finals than they did when they last won the Cup lol.  :)

Ya, two rounds just doesn't seem like the grinding marathon that teams go through now. Health is as big, if not bigger factor than talent. 

Though back then there seemed to be a lot more black eyes, broken noses and busted teeth!

• Like 1