Happy Tenth Anniversary: A Good Home After Philly.com

Howie58

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We have a good gig--civil and intelligent, with some humor and street wisdom. 

Plus all the halibut a man could want!

Thanks to @Digitymantoo. 

Goona renew my support based on this thread. I don't know why I let it lapse. I suggest y'all do same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was a late call-up to the Philly.com team.

Very happy I was picked up 10 years ago in the expansion draft! 

I appreciate all of the hard work by those that made this site happen and keep in running smoothly. I also appreciate many of the members on here for all of their engagement. Hope you all feel the same when I contribute.

Heres to 10 more years! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Samifan said:

i appreciate all of the hard work by those that made this site happen and keep in running smoothly. I also appreciate many of the members on here for all of their engagement. Hope you all feel the same when I contribute.

Heres to 10 more years! 

I unblocked you for this?!!?!?!?!

pffft.😁

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

I just read my profile and noticed its been 10 years since joining the board. I am not sure if it was Radoran or FC who led me over, but I recall a group who defected at about the same time.  We have a good gig--civil and intelligent, with some humor and street wisdom.  Thanks to our leaders, HF, pilldoc, and Tropical, and all the Supporting Members.  

Let's hope for another decade in good health...maybe one with a Stanley Cup along the way.

Peace,

Howie

Thanks for posting this.  I drew attention to it in the shoutbox last week, but it went nowhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

Very happy I was picked up 10 years ago in the expansion draft! 

After some discussion, we decided we'd let anyone in here.    Really spiffy Chevy's and Chain Restraurant VIP card not required.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

When you read and hear about the poison of so many web-based outlets, this exception is very special.  It is worth celebrating.  I've said it before and say it again, this is an extended family.  I really hope we stay happy, healthy, and engaged for years to come.  

Now that you say that, I've been meaning to ask the group and this thread might draw some attention so a good place to ask:

Has anyone heard from @blockerrecently?   Anyone know whether he's doing okay?

Same question regarding @brelic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

When you read and hear about the poison of so many web-based outlets, this exception is very special.  It is worth celebrating.  I've said it before and say it again, this is an extended family.  I really hope we stay happy, healthy, and engaged for years to come.  

This is very true regarding toxic environments elsewhere.
Like I said, even though we are far from perfect here.... nails need to be hammered once in a while, scrums break out occasionally, etc.... we keep things very decent around here.

I've been a part of forums, and modded in forums, where it was like the Wild West, and early on in my "Foruming Career", I thought that was normal.
Now that I've been spoiled by HFForums . net, I won't accept anything less than what we have here.

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would!) some of the nasty stuff hurled at people, and to myself in particular, in other boards.....and many times it was done with impunity.

If I have been here 8 years already, then it means you all are doing something right.

• Like 1