Happy Tenth Anniversary: A Good Home After Philly.com

Howie58

45 minutes ago, ctid said:

I joined Nov. 7 2011, came over from philly.com aswell. You guys haven't seen much of me, but I'm actually on here pretty much everyday, and have been for ten years, reading most of the threads and post. Best insight to the Flyers on the web.

That's some impressive lurking right there. Nice to see you man!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"back in those days..." when I had to read Rich Hoffman's godawful "live blog" of the game because I didn't have a way to stream. I sent him several very angry messages regarding some of the laziest reporting I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

I sent him several very angry messages regarding some of the laziest reporting I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

I finally got banned from philly.com for pointing out that one of their reporters was factually incorrect.

Never looked back.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, Howie58 said:

When you read and hear about the poison of so many web-based outlets, this exception is very special.  It is worth celebrating.  I've said it before and say it again, this is an extended family.  I really hope we stay happy, healthy, and engaged for years to come. 

This is so very true and the reason why @hf101 and I started this little slice of the internet.   If this is working for 10 years, I wonder what we could do for American politics???   :anidea:  

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...