Hayes has reinjured his abdominal problem and he’s week to week

RonJeremy

Let’s be realistic here, how often does this happen to Flyers players with being reinsured…are we rushing guys back too soon are the doctors incompetent is the rehab being done wrong? I’ve never seen anything like it. So week to week could be a few months and how effective will he be when he does come back? We are not scoring ,we have limited scoring and playmaking. We only have two choices , call up Frost or move G or second line center or both . Keeping the first line together is not helping, we can’t score. Our coaches are morons.

36 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

how often does this happen to Flyers players with being reinsured…are we rushing guys back too soon are the doctors incompetent is the rehab being done wrong? I’ve never seen anything like it.

It does seem to happen quite a bit, anecdotally anyway.   It's like maybe similar has happened with Kucherov, so it's not limited to the Flyrs, but from here it seems to be prevalent with the Flyers.   I don't know.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

seems to be prevalent with the Flyers

It's not unusual across the league but it does seem like every Flyers diagnosis is automatically taken to mean the shorter end.

6-8 weeks will be six weeks. Maybe five.

As I've said, I know players want to play. They want to "help" - but someone somewhere has to be in the position to tell them it's not going to help to come back and reinjure themselves.

The problem is that the organization* WANTS to believe that the player can come back quickly because they NEED him to come back quickly.

It was utterly predictable that Hayes was going to come back early and reaggravate the injury he reaggravated in the preseason. And it was predicted. And that's what happened.

If keeping Hayes out until December - or whenever - meant that he would be much more likely to last the rest of the season that's better than getting him back for a game in November and then losing him "week to week".

Ellis was "day to day" and then "week to week" and then "ready to come back" and now he's "week to week" a game later.

I get that there are no guarantees. I get that players get injured. It happens. But when you're dealing with a core issue or a groin issue, it's ridiculously easier to aggravate when playing professional hockey in the NHL.

They've got to force players to ACTUALLY HEAL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's not unusual across the league but it does seem like every Flyers diagnosis is automatically taken to mean the shorter end.

6-8 weeks will be six weeks. Maybe five.

As I've said, I know players want to play. They want to "help" - but someone somewhere has to be in the position to tell them it's not going to help to come back and reinjure themselves.

The problem is that the organization* WANTS to believe that the player can come back quickly because they NEED him to come back quickly.

It was utterly predictable that Hayes was going to come back early and reaggravate the injury he reaggravated in the preseason. And it was predicted. And that's what happened.

If keeping Hayes out until December - or whenever - meant that he would be much more likely to last the rest of the season that's better than getting him back for a game in November and then losing him "week to week".

Ellis was "day to day" and then "week to week" and then "ready to come back" and now he's "week to week" a game later.

I get that there are no guarantees. I get that players get injured. It happens. But when you're dealing with a core issue or a groin issue, it's ridiculously easier to aggravate when playing professional hockey in the NHL.

They've got to force players to ACTUALLY HEAL.

You hit the nail on the head, and it is one more reason why this franchise won't win another Cup until they change that philosophy. I know that the players itch to come back, so do the coaches. Let him heal. They're a playoff team, with or without him. They aren't a Cup contender with him, or without him. It doesn't make a lot of sense to rush him back....though I certainly wish we weren't talking about injuries to key players just about EVERY single year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

You hit the nail on the head, and it is one more reason why this franchise won't win another Cup until they change that philosophy. I know that the players itch to come back, so do the coaches. Let him heal. They're a playoff team, with or without him. They aren't a Cup contender with him, or without him. It doesn't make a lot of sense to rush him back....though I certainly wish we weren't talking about injuries to key players just about EVERY single year.

Either way ,we will not win much with our anemic offense, if Allison can come back and Frost can contribute it could be a big help. G should move to center as well,. JVR and Lindblom are  “scoring” left wingers playing on the third line , JVR is useless on the right side this is a total waste,  they can’t play center, G actually can . Moving  these players around and movingLaughton and Brassard down in the lineup will balance out our lines and improve every line. I don’t give a rats ass , I will not let this go until the morons in charge do something. Is Giroux gonna turn into a pumpkin if we put him at center for 20-25 games until Frost is ready or Hayes comes back. I don’t understand the logic.

Edited by RonJeremy

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Either way ,we will not win much with our anemic offense, if Allison can come back and Frost can contribute it could be a big help. G should move to center as well,. JVR and Lindblom are  “scoring” left wingers playing on the third line , JVR is useless on the right side this is a total waste,  they can’t play center, G actually can . Moving  these players around and movingLaughton and Brassard down in the lineup will balance out our lines and improve very line. I don’t give a rats ass , I will not let this go until the morons in charge do something. Is Giroux gonna turn into a pumpkin if we put him at center for 20-25 games until Frost is ready or Hayes comes back. I don’t understand the logic.

Their logic is simply this. Waiting out of stubbornness and arrogance, or stupidity or perhaps a mix. They want to prove more that there was right...so they can say some year "I told you so!" rather than assembling a team the right way. An example is ...JVR is another retread that the organization was comfortable with. When he isn't scoring, he adds virtually nothing to the mix.

19 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

We are not scoring ,we have limited scoring and playmaking. We only have two choices , call up Frost or move G or second line center or both . Keeping the first line together is not helping, we can’t score. Our coaches are morons

FYI, I'm pretty sure G has been 2nd line center last two games. I guess there is only one option left

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

FYI, I'm pretty sure G has been 2nd line center last two games. I guess there is only one option left

Missed the last two,  so they finally listened to me. It's about time, if this keeps up , I will resign as asst GM/coach

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Dailyfaceoff has him still on LW on the 2nd with Brassard working as center, Giroux apparently taking faceoffs.

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

Dailyfaceoff has him still on LW on the 2nd with Brassard working as center, Giroux apparently taking faceoffs.

At the Bruins game this was the case, Brass was playing the centerman's role in the defensive zone.

In the offensive zone they cycled pretty well and when they did (rarely) possess the puck they were running through G at the left half wall

That line was alright vs Boston.

Couturier looks "off" to me. 

Not as strong on the puck this season, or so it appears. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

well the good news with Hayes being out is ... Hayes being out. Seriously guys he's no great loss.

It woukd only be good if he was out forever, so we would have cap $$ to sign someone who can actually score .

• Like 1

True, ordinarily that would help - but look who's making the deals...the same dipsht that hired Hayes in the first place - a player who literally was heard to say, "I won't sign with the Flyers unless they overpay me." And even if Hayes never said that, he's still a bottom 9 forward who somehow convinced AV back in NY - and then Chuck Fletcher in Philly - that he should earn 2C money or better. And these idiots bought it.

So yeah, LTIR for Hayes will help if somehow lightning strikes and Fletcher doesn't screw it up. And AV keeps his mouth shut.

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

convinced AV back in NY

The Rangers signed Hayes to a $5+M contract the year after they fired AV.

It was a one year deal. They sent him to Winnipeg for a first rounder and a player and the Jets declined to even bid on him.

Hayes in Philadelphia for 7 years is a Fletcher decision. I wouldn't be surprised if AV said Hayes would be a good fit and was then surprised at a 7 year $49+M deal. They needed a 2C and when one wasn't available they imagined one.

But it's a Hallmark of this organization* to fix a next year problem with a long term, hamstringing problem. Sounds to me more like a "Hall of Fame" worthy decision...

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

The Rangers signed Hayes to a $5+M contract the year after they fired AV.

Throwing facts into the mix eh? Thanks for ruining my tirade lol. I could of sworn Hayes played for AV in NY.

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

They needed a 2C and when one wasn't available they imagined one.

ha - indeed - it seems Flyers GMs - for a long time now - rely on imagination more than actually watching the guy play. But where is the disconnect? Because Flyers' scouts can find talented young players in juniors in college etc. But when it comes to FA it feels like there's been many more misses than hits. Though maybe that's just my imagination...?

11 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Throwing facts into the mix eh? Thanks for ruining my tirade lol. I could of sworn Hayes played for AV in NY.

ha - indeed - it seems Flyers GMs - for a long time now - rely on imagination more than actually watching the guy play. But where is the disconnect? Because Flyers' scouts can find talented young players in juniors in college etc. But when it comes to FA it feels like there's been many more misses than hits. Though maybe that's just my imagination...?

Even their drafting is becoming suspect. Or maybe their development. Because they've certainly drafted some very talented players who for whatever reason just seem to stop developing in Philly and actually start to regress. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He did, but he didn't get a big money deal until after AV was fired.

He played entry level and then a 2Y 2.6M per deal.

In terms of "earning 2C money or better."

Aside from that, carry on 😃

• Like 1