Wild Targeting JT Miller?

bbgarnett

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/11/minnesota-wild-targeting-j-t-miller.html 

Not sure if I'd give up Addison or Beckman. But I guess maybe Fiala for Miller 1 for 1. Not saying I'd do that but if Fiala is being floated I think it'd have to be 1 for 1 as anything more would be too much IMO. 

Edited by bbgarnett

4 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Addison and Beckman are keepers. Agree that 1 for 1 Miller and Fiala works.

Agree with you on the two keepers but the truth is that Miller is not only a better player than Fiala he is a better player at a more difficult position, center. He can actually play center or either wing, Throw in that Fiala is a free agent at years end and Miller has a year left on his deal past this year at the same money that Fiala is signed for currently and it is not even close to enough to land Miller. Miller will cost a player/pick/prospect IF Vancouver considers dealing him at all. I wouldnt part with Addison or Backman either unless you feel that Miller is the final piece for a cup run in either this year or next. Vancouver is a mess but if I were them I would look at Miller as a piece of the puzzle going forward unless someone simply wowed them. Fiala, nice player but not nearly enough.

• Like 1

JT Miller for Fiala would be ok, IMO. We would possibly have to add something, though. Not Rossi, Boldy or Addison. After that I would be ok with giving away a prospect of a pick, but not first round. JT Miller could have a heck of an impact here.

• Like 1

How about to trade for J.T.Miller our players Greenway, Gaudreau, Rask ,Benn and Merrill? And I would give a Dumba as well too. Hope Vancouver will be happy with this trade. Miller is more a passer. In his multiple seasons in NHL he had in 2 seasons 22 goals and in one season 27 goals(his best achievement in 2019-20 season) for 28 y.o. player. And in his other 7 NHL seasons he had between 2 to 15 goals per season. We badly need a finisher/ scorer. We have lots of passers in this team already. Fiala is leaning more towards finishing, but still needs more improvement for a 25 y.o. player.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

How about to trade for J.T.Miller our players Greenway, Gaudreau, Rask ,Benn and Merrill? And I would give a Dumba as well too. Hope Vancouver will be happy with this trade. Miller is more a passer. In his multiple seasons in NHL he had in 2 seasons 22 goals and in one season 27 goals(his best achievement in 2019-20 season) for 28 y.o. player. And in his other 7 NHL seasons he had between 2 to 15 goals per season. We badly need a finisher/ scorer. We have lots of passers in this team already. Fiala is leaning more towards finishing, but still needs more improvement for a 25 y.o. player.

You are right, the goal scoring is a little thin. It would still solve the lack of 1C while waiting and hoping for Rossi to mature.

3 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

You are right, the goal scoring is a little thin. It would still solve the lack of 1C while waiting and hoping for Rossi to mature.

In my opinion, Rossi is already matured as well Boldy, Beckman, Addison. They played pretty well(especially Beckman) for the big club during pre-season period this fall. All 4 have a very good stats in AHL already. And J.T.Miller started to play in NHL at the age of 18 y.o.

15 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Rossi, Beckman, Boldy and Addison are all recognized assets as NHLers. In that sense, they aren't really prospects. Player and a pick?

Fiala and no higher than a 3rd. We have 2 fifth round picks so Fiala and the better of our fifth rounders?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

More likely ask might be Dumba. Not sure I'd make that trade. Again, though, spitballin' though the Miller buzz is coming from established Vancouver beat reporter....

Yeah I'd definitely trade Dumba for him. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

After looking up his career trading miller for fiala or dumba straight up would be a big mistake. 
Greenway plus a lower prospect would be a better fit. 

I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder, but I’d take Miller over Fiala in a heartbeat. Miller is an ever so slightly better scorer. Not only can he score, he can do that while playing with a little edge and physicality, which I think we could use. The deal would have to be straight up for me or perhaps a draft pick with it but nothing above a 4th.

No way I trade Dumba for him. I get the angst about Dumba. I have it too at times and I’m not opposed to moving him. But for all his faults, he brings some gifted offense from the position and, at least just for me, I can’t move him without getting a little higher quality piece than Miller…..if possible. 

I just looked for Vancouver stats. I would prefer their Boeser  for Fiala  and Miller for Greenway and Dumba. Our Greenway's replacement is Boldy, and our Dumba's replacement is Addison. I still think discussion about Miller is more a speculation, because did not see any talks at Russo twit. I am sure, Fiala will start producing soon after these talks because I do not think he wants to go to Canada, but to be in better club. In my opinion, Wild is a better club.

28 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I just looked for Vancouver stats. I would prefer their Boeser  for Fiala  and Miller for Greenway and Dumba. Our Greenway's replacement is Boldy, and our Dumba's replacement is Addison. I still think discussion about Miller is more a speculation, because did not see any talks at Russo twit. I am sure, Fiala will start producing soon after these talks because I do not think he wants to go to Canada, but to be in better club. In my opinion, Wild is a better club.

The newest https://talknorth.com/russosouhan/ mentions JT Miller talks. So it's very likely true. But still we only know about the trade talks that phones are always ringing and most of the calls don't turn into anything.

I doubt they would let Boeser go, though. The price would have to be too much for most any team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

The newest https://talknorth.com/russosouhan/ mentions JT Miller talks. So it's very likely true. But still we only know about the trade talks that phones are always ringing and most of the calls don't turn into anything.

I doubt they would let Boeser go, though. The price would have to be too much for most any team.

Boeser for me would be heaven. Wanted him drafted but they took Erickson-Ek instead. At the time I was pissed and was for a few years. Now EE is proving to be a good center. Boeser is a pure scorer, something the Wild could use but he’s going nowhere 

• Like 3