Game 18: Flyers at Panthers; 11/24/21 @ 7PM, NBCSP

Howie58

49 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Bringing in Bryzgalov for 9 years was idiotic for so many reasons but the Flyers can't still be paying him off...?

On a side note - bc you reminded me of those years...Lavy and Homer should've supported Bobrovsky better (or at all). Giving Bryzgalov a 9 year contract sent Bob the message loud and clear. Nice work there boys - the guy you ran out of town went on to win the Vezina the very next season - and then again a few years later. //rant

Anyway - I'm guessing you had something else in mind...

Yes they're still paying Bryz. My comment was directed more to the fact they ran Bob out of town to hand the reins over to Bryz. As you mentioned, Bob has gone on to win multiple Vezinas, while Bryz is likely enjoying his millions in an insane asylum somewhere in Siberia.

Holy hell until 2027 - "mismanagement" has a new definition.

What they did with Bob was disgraceful - beyond stupid - and on top of everything else didn't Lavy play him in 1 too many games, which meant he had to clear waivers? I remember something stupid like that - can't recall exactly.

2027. Unreal.

48 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes they're still paying Bryz. My comment was directed more to the fact they ran Bob out of town to hand the reins over to Bryz. As you mentioned, Bob has gone on to win multiple Vezinas, while Bryz is likely enjoying his millions in an insane asylum somewhere in Siberia.

18 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Holy hell until 2027 - "mismanagement" has a new definition.

What they did with Bob was disgraceful - beyond stupid - and on top of everything else didn't Lavy play him in 1 too many games, which meant he had to clear waivers? I remember something stupid like that - can't recall exactly.

2027. Unreal.

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

Yes, and for the Flyers that definition is "Hall of Fame"

And that is exactly why I blame the good ole boys club ..... what an absolute clown show and circus ......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The Colts got burned when Philly decided to keep Foerster in LV. He's now out for the season. Go figure.

Our goaltending was suspect but we just picked up Mack Guzda who should be a huge upgrade.  I think despite losing our best player they should be all in on this season. 

Well the Wolves are the Wolves, upper management is useless. Their 1st overall looks like he'll turn out to be a good player but Sudbury will find a way to screw that up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

yo does anyone have an explanation for Farabee's stick going 50 ***** feet in the air right before the goal? (no call as we know)

Tim Peel on Twitter: "Ekblad should have received an interference penalty on this play as he completely eliminates the Philadelphia player. And then of course Ekblad is the one to score the OT winner. @DailyFaceoff #Flyers" / Twitter