Still Too Soon To Call?: Top Excuses For Flyers Being Bad

SCFlyguy

Well i just want yall to know i am here for all you guys....you need a shoulder to cry on i'm your guy some of you sound like yall are going to spontaneously explode and well i don't want to see that happen.

So get it all out and i am doing to save all the dogs around the world from being needlessly being kicked for nothing of their own doing.

Saving dogs around the world is my mission especially Flyer fan ones those poor dogs probably know nothing but kicking and beating for the last decade.

So let it all out and maybe you know someone above hears it and it creates change...

...no seriously find another hobby it will save the hair you have on your head well @ruxpin it is too little too late....

• Like 2

They can't lose enough for my tastes.  I want them Buffalo bad.  Penguins pre-lockout bad.  Detroit Lions bad.  I hate this management and organization right now so things are going great for me. 

The only thing that bugged me was in the offseason when everyone thought this was a playoff team - that was dumb.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

it will save the hair you have on your head well @ruxpin it is too little too late....

i've told Mrs. Ruxpin repeatedly that I don't care what she does or who she does it with, but she has to stop sharing pictures of me!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So get it all out and i am doing to save all the dogs around the world from being needlessly being kicked for nothing of their own doing.

Saving dogs around the world is my mission

This is why I wouldn't watch the Eagles from 2009 to 2013.

• Good Post 1

To answer the OP's question.

It's time to call it what it is.

This season is a failure.

Ellis could come back, Yandle and Braun could become the 3rd pair (or York and Braun preferably)  and the team could turn things around and be just good enough to not make the playoffs or squeak in .

If they have any juice left after the mad dash of playing .650 hockey for 2 months it won't last very long into the tournament.

I think if I'm running the team, I'm talking to Giroux about waiving his NMC looking at the other long term or high dollar contracts and looking to get rid of them. 

Becoming Buffalo bad shouldn't be the goal, but rebuilding the way the Rangers have is possible though.

The next two years are good years to have high draft picks.

Build around Provorov, Farabee and Hart get some luck (good and bad) for 2 years of top 5 picks, don't **** them up. 

Try to attract a free agent or two or hope that the guys who can't get traded return to 90% of the players that signed their big contracts. 

Watching the team look slow and weak hasn't been pleasant. 

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

rebuilding the way the Rangers have is possible though.

Is there a Panarin out there that's going to be UFA in the next 2-3 years?

Possible, I guess...

The next trick is getting them to sign here.

"Buffalo bad" certainly hasn't helped Buffalo. Nor has it been a magic panacea for the Oilers. Or Coyotes. Or Ottawa.

The organization* needs a fundamental shake up at the core. We have decades of failed phillyosophy still leading the team and they are still going nowhere...

That said, I'm not going to pretend that losing a top pair Dman wouldn't have an adverse effect on most NHL franchises...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Is there a Panarin out there that's going to be UFA in the next 2-3 years?

Tarasenko ?

St Louis is going pretty good this season, might be hard to pry him out of there.

Most likely the FA will be an overpay.

The hope has to be that the immediate bang for the buck is better than the JvR redux and the Kevin Hayes experience.

JvR hasn't been terrible- but he hasn't lived up to 7.5 aav either.

And, I am not going to kill Hayes for playing through all those injuries, psychological and physical.

But you can probably make a sandwich with the bread cheese and meat I'm laying down.

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Tarasenko ?

St Louis is going pretty good this season, might be hard to pry him out of there.

Tarasenko is as old as Panarin and will be 4-5 years older than Panarin was when he signed when his current contract runs out.

I can certainly see Homer backing a move to get an aging star with declining production as a major UFA "catch" though.

That Patrik Laine might be available, though... 🇫🇮 What would the league do without Columbus to let guys walk for nothing? :thumbsu:

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

And, I am not going to kill Hayes for playing through all those injuries, psychological and physical.

No need to take him to task for playing through things. He's still just not a terribly impactful hockey player even when not "playing through" things.

But, hey, they won a playoff round that one time. That was really something, wasn't it?

#legendary

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

To answer the OP's question.

It's time to call it what it is.

This season is a failure.

Ellis could come back, Yandle and Braun could become the 3rd pair (or York and Braun preferably)  and the team could turn things around and be just good enough to not make the playoffs or squeak in .

If they have any juice left after the mad dash of playing .650 hockey for 2 months it won't last very long into the tournament.

I think if I'm running the team, I'm talking to Giroux about waiving his NMC looking at the other long term or high dollar contracts and looking to get rid of them. 

Becoming Buffalo bad shouldn't be the goal, but rebuilding the way the Rangers have is possible though.

The next two years are good years to have high draft picks.

Build around Provorov, Farabee and Hart get some luck (good and bad) for 2 years of top 5 picks, don't **** them up. 

Try to attract a free agent or two or hope that the guys who can't get traded return to 90% of the players that signed their big contracts. 

Watching the team look slow and weak hasn't been pleasant. 

It was time to call it at the deadline last year.

It was time to call it in the preseason.

Even if everything went perfect this team was never going to be materially better than the 2019-2020 Flyers, a team that stumbled to a Game 7 loss in the second round.  Then missed the playoffs the following season.

Should have traded Giroux 5 years ago.

Should have traded Simmons before he got hurt when he was good and the team was bad.

Should have traded Ghost when he still had value.

Should have traded Couts last year at the deadline or in the offseason instead of re-signing him.

That was how the Rangers rebuilt.  Honest self-assessment and talent evaluation.

Not selling the fanbase on cup dreams.

Not signing Kevin Hayes.

Not making lateral moves and burning resources for Ristolainen.

Not trading for a 30 yo defenseman with injury issues when the team wasn't that good to begin with.

Flyers would never get a Panarin because they won't ever have the cap space.  It's being taken up by Kevin Hayes and his merry men.

You think this year is bad?  Look at the roster for next year.  Yikes.

This organization needs to be broken before it will ever be fixed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@SCFlyguy

Okay you're the smartest fan and have seen it coming all along.

what did you win?

Maybe we can all save ourselves time and just wait for SCFly to tell us when would be a good time to start watching again

• Like 2

Another excuse is we can’t trade our veterans. If they didn’t sign them to absurd contracts for too many years, exorbinant and ridiculous salaries along with NMCs, the wheels could have been set in motion to rebuild, three seasons ago. Flyers management and ownership live in their own Disneyland, and fans suffer.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's NOT broken?

They continue to think they are a premier franchise.  Broken = they no longer think this and the entire org is changed from top to bottom.  Short of that is just more of the same.

I would prefer Bobby Clark and Paul Holmgren were put in stocks in front of city hall so we could throw tomatoes at them, but that's just how I roll.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's NOT broken?

IDIOCY (noun) utter stupidity

Synonyms:  insanity, lunacy, madness, asininity, cretinism, derangement, fatuity, fatuousness, foolishness, imbecility, inanity, insipidity, senselessness, tomfoolery, Flyer management, comcast.

Every year I tell myself this is the last year I get center ice. October rolls around and I dish out my $250. Come January I'm telling myself never again.  I've become like the Flyers every year. I do the same thing over and over hoping it will change and it never does.  I really believe fans need to start talking with their wallets. Including myself. When they start getting crowds like the Panthers it might open some eyes. Until then it will be a vicious cycle of mediocrity. As long as Comcast is making a couple bucks people will pat themselves on the back and line their pockets. Welcome to a corporate owner. 

• Good Post 1

18 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

I've become like the Flyers every year. I do the same thing over and over hoping it will change and it never does. 

Ashamed. You like the Flyers can fix that.

But you like the Flyers continue to make the wrong decisions.

I have saved my $$$$$$ i work hard for it.

:BrownBag:

Not being in the area, I don't go to games. I don't wear the gear. I don't buy new gear. I haven't bought Center Ice for about 5 years now (maybe less). I stream games, mostly by many of you (OC) providing links. Hell, now I don't even watch. I caught the 3rd period last night until Pissburg scored the 4th goal. I didnt have anything else to do at the time, and I was caught up on all my binge shows.

My PTSD (Philadlephia (Flyers) Totally Suck Dick) is nearly gone

I'm afraid @albertaflyer is right until the arena looks like Panthers' games - ~3/4 full - nothing meaningful will change. Why should they change if people keep buying...? Everybody says they're in it to "win the Cup" but the main reason a business exists is to make a profit. With pro sports teams "making a profit" may not be the only thing that matters but it's the main thing.

• Like 1

I don't want to use any excuses, I'll use a couple reasons, Comcast and Chuck Fletcher.  His great coach is gone, his big free agent signing Hayes is virtually a no show, Ellis' injury history is no surprise except to Fletcher.  And there's a depleted draft picks since Fletcher likes to trade them to talk to players.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...