Sharks announce Kane to be placed on waivers

Puck_Pun

If you are GM of a NHL team, would you claim Kane off waivers?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you are GM of a NHL team, would you claim Kane off waivers?

• Hell Yes!
    • No freakin way ......
    • Maybe?
  2. 2. Where does Kane wind up?

• AHL SJ Barracuda (Sharks AHL team)
    • traded to another NHL team
    • out of hockey - he fails to report to SJ AHL team

please God let Benning be this stupid. Prove the internet right Benning. Take the hometown boy

If Benning is to live up to his legend as one of the worst GM’s of all time, this would be a perfect cherry on top panic move that I would giggle for days , maybe years about

• Haha 1

With all the baggage he brings I can't see any NHL team taking a chance on him. Yes I know he has talent but at what cost to the chemistry of the locker room. With him being placed on waivers confirms my suspicion that the Sharks are ready to move on.

IMO I think he will either play with SJ AHL team or he will will be out of hockey if he fails to report. If he proves he can play nice with the Barracuda, he might be able to get back into the NHL next year.

• Like 3

Fantasy perspective, I have had Kane literally every year he has been in the league in at least one and usually all of my leagues. His combo of scoring/pim's is unheard of since the days of Tiger Williams. Just a unique talent.

I truly think that at or near the deadline a GM who is up against it with his fanbase may make a move for Kane to protect his own job if you will. I think the Sharks will be forced to eat salary andprobably/possibly give another asset to entice a team to take him.

On the ice he is one of the games truly unique talents who every team should want. The problem is after the game is over he should be rolled up in bubble wrap and have his mouth covered in duct tape only wheeled back out at the opening faceoff of the next game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Fantasy perspective, I have had Kane literally every year he has been in the league in at least one and usually all of my leagues.

Absolutely agree here ....

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I truly think that at or near the deadline a GM who is up against it with his fanbase may make a move for Kane to protect his own job if you will. I think the Sharks will be forced to eat salary andprobably/possibly give another asset to entice a team to take him.

That should be fun ....so do you think he stays with SJ until the deadline? For reasons I mentioned before, I can't see a GM trading for him now ....

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

The problem is after the game is over he should be rolled up in bubble wrap and have his mouth covered in duct tape only wheeled back out at the opening faceoff of the next game.

image.jpeg.194ccc8fddd0e6ff0b682f8c03c8db78.jpeg

• Haha 2

Per The Athletic….

And Kane is apparently committed to getting back to the NHL, one way or another. He recently changed agents from Craig Oster to Dan Milstein, who said on Twitter that his new client would, in fact, be reporting to the Barracuda and is “looking forward to resuming his NHL career this season.” One report in the New York Post suggested that an Eastern Conference team might be interested in acquiring Kane’s services. That, or any deal, would almost certainly involve the Sharks retaining up to half of his salary, the maximum allowed in the collective-bargaining agreement.

2 hours ago, Icechipper said:

KHL or Chinese Olympic team...

I'm on board with this. Novossibirsk is a nice destination to start over, especially around the industrial zone of the city close to nuclear plants in January where the average temperature is around -40 in the middle of the freezing fog.

But I don't expect him to thank his "friends" and "family" in his official press statement.

• Like 1

With SJ eating half the salary there's bound to be a team that will take him- especially one that can be convinced that he's cheap skill and don't care about the locker room. There's enough of those in the league that one is bound to bite. 

I personally look forward to him at the very least not wearing teal any more

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, Icechipper said:

They pay good money. I do believe in redemption. Idk how he can ever pay money back but he can make changes.

the funny thing is, his contract was front loaded, so the last years he only makes 20m.

Top California tax rate is 12.3%. This is on top of 37% Federal tax rate...So about 50% combined. He takes home 10 million.....and its garnished fast by debtors. He owed what 26 million to creditors that we know of?

• Uggh... 1

• 1 month later...