Time to fire the 3 stooges!

Fizz

Wow you know it's bad when we have pretty much 3 blow it the fcuk threads after one game.

I have to hand it to you guys I haven't been able to stomach a full game since the West pac trip...I'm afraid this is not fixable mid-season.

And it is so bad I don't know where to start.

But I guess you can start at the deadline with these names...

Giroux

Jones

Yandle

Braun

JVR

Konecny 

Sanheim

Risto

Brassard

Take what you can for them and get this thing going forward.

Not sure if upper management has what it takes to blow the coaching staff and ol Chuckles up.

So trading some of rhe dead weight will help.

Maybe you can talk Hayes into a trade now that his NMC is up.

He'll even try and package one of his buddies out the door with him.

I'm not saying they will get much but you start by calling...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow you know it's bad when we have pretty much 3 blow it the fcuk threads after one game.

I have to hand it to you guys I haven't been able to stomach a full game since the West pac trip...I'm afraid this is not fixable mid-season.

And it is so bad I don't know where to start.

Giroux

Jones

Yandle

Braun

JVR

Konecny 

Sanheim

Risto

Brassard

Not sure if upper management has what it takes to blow the coaching staff and ol Chuckles up.

So trading some of rhe dead weight will help.

Maybe you can talk Hayes into a trade now that his NMC is up.

He'll even try and package one of his buddies out the door with him.

I'm not saying they will get much but you start by calling...

You left out Couturier and Ellis. Also dead weight that might fetch some return.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

You left out Couturier and Ellis. Also dead weight that might fetch some return.

Those two I don't think are dead weight.

Besides we have to keep a vet or two.

I am ok keeping these two but for the right offer sure I move them.

Let's rebuild. Not retool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Those two I don't think are dead weight.

Besides we have to keep a vet or two.

I am ok keeping these two but for the right offer sure I move them.

Let's rebuild. Not retool.

The players seem to be playing to get the coaching fired. Whatever AV's system is it doesn't work with this group or probably any other group of players.

12 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

The players seem to be playing to get the coaching fired. Whatever AV's system is it doesn't work with this group or probably any other group of players.

Is it the chicken or the egg?

I honestly don't know anymore...

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Giroux

Jones

Yandle

Braun

JVR

Konecny 

Sanheim

Risto

Brassard

Ya, but Fletcher/Homer/Clarke have to go before you start this. I mean just look at what Chuckie got us for Ghost. What kind of return are you going to get with those "trading skills".  

PS, we already have enough over 30 guys in a league dominated by youth. 

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

It doesn't seem that long ago that I watched a road game vs the Caps where guys were contesting every inch of ice.

It was an exciting game, the Flyers dictated the play for 45 minutes. They back checked everywhere. 

It was a good game played by what looked like a good team. They won 2-1 but it was an exciting game lots of chances both ways.

What the hell has happened since then ?

There are a lot of guys who are injured, that probably make the team better but the effort I saw vs the Caps isn't there.

Team wide except for in goal.

It's pretty demoralizing. 

It also doesn't feel like anything can be done to turn it around. 

I think Fletcher has done as good of a job as he's capable of doing. 

He changed the room. It doesn't seem to matter. 

A thing he did do was give himself some "outs" this offseason. 

Comcast won't let him rebuild.

If it were me running the show, I'd be firing everyone.

I'd hire one of Jarmo's acolytes tell them to hire Rick Tocchet and draft fast and mean muther****ers. 

These next two drafts are a good time to have high picks. 

I'll start: Giroux to Colorado for Newhook and a 2nd.

Comcast will fire up 2 more Star Wars nights. Did I mention how much fun that was? Even while the product on the ice was garbage? 

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, but Fletcher/Homer/Clarke have to go before you start this. I mean just look at what Chuckie got us for Ghost. What kind of return are you going to get with those "trading skills".  

PS, we already have enough over 30 guys in a league dominated by youth. 

I am down with this.

But is this really going to happen?

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Right now, the Flyers are simply a flawed hockey team with so many issues that one could plug two or three holes in the boat that symbolizes their season and it still would continue to sink.

twoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyearsfromtwoyears

:cry:

:lookssad:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

It doesn't seem that long ago that I watched a road game vs the Caps where guys were contesting every inch of ice.

It was an exciting game, the Flyers dictated the play for 45 minutes. They back checked everywhere. 

It was a good game played by what looked like a good team. They won 2-1 but it was an exciting game lots of chances both ways.

What the hell has happened since then ?

There are a lot of guys who are injured, that probably make the team better but the effort I saw vs the Caps isn't there.

Team wide except for in goal.

It's pretty demoralizing. 

It also doesn't feel like anything can be done to turn it around. 

I think Fletcher has done as good of a job as he's capable of doing. 

He changed the room. It doesn't seem to matter. 

A thing he did do was give himself some "outs" this offseason. 

Comcast won't let him rebuild.

If it were me running the show, I'd be firing everyone.

I'd hire one of Jarmo's acolytes tell them to hire Rick Tocchet and draft fast and mean muther****ers. 

These next two drafts are a good time to have high picks. 

I'll start: Giroux to Colorado for Newhook and a 2nd.

Comcast will fire up 2 more Star Wars nights. Did I mention how much fun that was? Even while the product on the ice was garbage? 

I'd be ok with Rick Tocchet being brought in as head coach, at least he understands the Flyers fans as to what they want to see happening on the ice. Figure out your core and go from there.

• Like 1

They have to want to, though. Unfortunately, Comcast and the *organization, still watch way too many blind sheep and stuffed suits who don't care that the franchise is a dump and a disgrace, go to home games at the WFC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I'd be ok with Rick Tocchet being brought in as head coach, at least he understands the Flyers fans as to what they want to see happening on the ice. Figure out your core and go from there.

I think I would be ok with this too since I know the nepotism won't end with a front office cleaning top down why not go full blown Nepo and hire ol Rick?

If anything he embodies the type of heart and soul fire and brimstone this sad sack of an excuse from a team needs.

But I imagine he will ruffle some feathers in the process.

But this club needs some tough love.

But let ride it out and do this in the offseason so he can get the time he needs to put his staff together...

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

It needs an actual rebuild and a change in fundamental hockey phillyosophy.

Sure. But. Face. It.

Never going to happen.

So in the mean time tough love will do if anything it will force guys to want to leave hopefully by any means needed...

...at this point the worst thing Toc could do is just speed up this boat into the iceberge.

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

No, it doesn't. It needs an actual rebuild and a change in fundamental hockey phillyosophy.

One would think a decade of the worst on ice results in franchise history would get that message across.

Eugene Levy Johnny Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

ok this may seem impossible but stick with me would this lineup win a cup

forsberg, hertl, tarasenko

keller, miller, boeser or cam

laughton, hayes, kessel

moroon carter ritchie

provy, letang

york, ellis

zamula, sustr

hart,

backup

Edited by tucson83

7 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

like the whole roster needs to be redone accept hart like all hextall's players gone.

I really don't think Farabee needs to go. Or Provorov. Or Konecny. I think what they need is some vets around them who play with a little heart. Some guidance, like real teams provide.

Instead they have guys like JVR and Hayes getting way overpaid for floating around. And in the latter instance, having all his buddies brought in to show "this is the way".

• Like 2