Time to fire the 3 stooges!

Fizz

18 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

The unfortunate thing is Fletcher, Holmgren and Clarke are going to look for a quick fix and say screw the future, so we as fans may never see a proper rebuild with the Flyers.

Not without gutting the E Suite, no.

Edited by radoran

Fire the entire scouting department.  They couldn't pick a single ripe tomato in a Wegman's produce department.  I count 7 ex-Flyers plus Bob Clarke's son in the scouting and player development departments.  Just a rest home where old Flyers go to die.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

5 hours ago, Poconono said:

Fire the entire scouting department.  They couldn't pick a single ripe tomato in a Wegman's produce department.  I count 7 ex-Flyers plus Bob Clarke's son in the scouting and player development departments.  Just a rest home where old Flyers go to die.

Wow as someone who lives in the corporate home and original locations for Wegmans, I never expected a wegmans reference on this forum! Well done! 

🏆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Wow as someone who lives in the corporate home and original locations for Wegmans, I never expected a wegmans reference on this forum! Well done! 

🏆

That's a destination grocery store right there!

One of the best burgers I've ever had has been in the Wegman's Cafe'.

Stepping back from the ledge a little. 

If this *gestures broadly* is still going on by the holidays, I think we see big changes. It is a fact the team that was assembled over the summer has been on the ice for 1 game. I'd like to see what that team can do before I walk away from the table. 

Every team has injuries but this organization has been shredded by them, I saw Lappy posting flyers on telephone poles in Bethlehem yesterday that said good starting salary must be able to skate backwards apply to phantoms.com.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I'd like to see what that team can do before I walk away from the table. 

Sadly I think this is what is going to take place.

And the upper management is going to take all the injuries into consideration in all this.

It always may be the best business decision just because if they try and move anyone they will get pennies on the dollar and we'll may still not even fix it.

I think they try their best to get the team intended to be iced out there and playing before they make any crazy moves.

All I can suggest to anyone who wants to watch in the meantime...do like I have since right before the drop happened stop watching just check the box score not need to get stressed and the blood pressure elevated for nothing.

This could get even uglier (yeah don't know how) before it gets better.

I think this will get addressed in the offseason if at all....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

🏆

You can tell folks from WNY from those who aren't by whether they use the 's...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And the upper management is going to take all the injuries into consideration in all this.

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think this will get addressed in the offseason if at all....

They have to take injuries into account. You can't penalize a coach for that.

The only real question IMO is already answered and they will re-sign Giroux.

I'd look to move JVR at the deadline, open up cap space and beef up the defence.

In the meantime I would LIKE to see guys playing like they gave a damn, but since they don't appear to I'm not watching much either...

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 11:59 PM, Fizz said:

Vigneault, Therrien, Yeo

Clarke, Holmgren, Fletcher

Take your pick which 3

Or all 6 just do something!!

You know the whole thing is a cluster #### when I had to open just to see which set of Flyers' three stooges this was referring to.   Glad to see you covered both.

The first set of three aren't the problem, but I'll bet the house that they aren't the answer, either.   They are, however, a symptom of the complete and utter drunken ineptitude of the the 4 horsemen of the apallingcollapse:  Clarke, Holmgren, Fletcher, and Scott.   Jay Snider would be proud (he's actually just happy someone surpassed--lapped--his ineptitude).

Edited by ruxpin
  • Good Post 1

24 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I would hope so. 

You never know maybe professionals suddenly remember how to score a goal.

Stranger things have happened and I'm not talking about the TV series.

I honestly don't know what is best for this team anymore...and kinda DGAF.

Cheers

:beer:

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You never know maybe professionals suddenly remember how to score a goal.

Stranger things have happened and I'm not talking about the TV series.

Cheers

That's what sucks -- people who, like you, have been passionate about the team are increasingly "F###it!"    Me too.

It doesn't at all help that it's both my hockey AND football team.   I know you're in the same [sinking] boat.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

24 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That's what sucks -- people who, like you, have been passionate about the team are increasingly "F###it!"    Me too.

It doesn't at all help that it's both my hockey AND football team.   I know you're in the same [sinking] boat.

Yep. This is my favorite time of year.

Christmas time and hockey is on TV and hopefully playoff football too...but nope not this year both teams seem to be dumpster fires.

It is just very depressing when you think about it. So I try not but I have been very good at it.

Oh well there is always next year...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Cheers

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I've been numb to  this team for the past 2 years .... As I said in another post, I really have no more emotional attachment to this team.....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Its hard to be a passionate fan when the players are dispassionate quitters, to go along with the brain dead management. WJC in 23 days. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If this *gestures broadly* is still going on by the holidays, I think we see big changes. It is a fact the team that was assembled over the summer has been on the ice for 1 game. I'd like to see what that team can do before I walk away from the table. 

Every team has injuries but this organization has been shredded by them,

Big changes aren't going to be anything positive though, when you have a bunch of clowns making those changes who still think hockey players peak at 34 years old. And that dump and chase works. With slow skaters. 

You've got a team being built around a 29 year old $7 million guy who's averaged 18 goals and 24 assists, who's never hit 50 points in his career...50 points! . And he's NOT a defenceman.  And for our future cup runs they've surrounded him with a bunch of guys who are in their 30s. In a league where 7 of the top 10 scorers are 25 or under. 

Ya, those are the guys I trust to build a champion. 

• Good Post 1

To all the people that think a coaching won't help this team. Just take a look at Calgary.

Crappy team that was going nowhere then they hire Sutter basically the same team but they bought into Sutter's system 

Now they are in second place just behind a good Edmonton team.

Yes there is hella problems with management but AV and his assistants don't seem to have a system to buy into.

I stand by my assessment AV has to go.

20 hours ago, Poconono said:

Hextall was supposedly converted to using analytics but I don't actually know what the current group does. Are they relying on them or are they more old school eye test, because most of the successful teams these days are heavy on analytics. 

7 hours ago, radoran said:

In fairness he hit 50 in his season with the Rangers/Jets.

He's never scored 20 goals and had 50 points in a season.

I stand corrected. That was his "we don't want him" Rangers season that turned into "we don't want him" Jets season. So he has one 54 point outlier season.

But I can definitely see why Fletch would want to sign a guy for 7 years that his last two teams didn't want, period.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Hextall was supposedly converted to using analytics but I don't actually know what the current group does. Are they relying on them or are they more old school eye test, because most of the successful teams these days are heavy on analytics. 

Flyers Analytics:

1.  North American Skater

2.  Plays a 200ft Game

3.  Doesn't skate so fast so as to embarrass the rest of the team.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Flyers Analytics:

1.  North American Skater

2.  Plays a 200ft Game

3.  Doesn't skate so fast so as to embarrass the rest of the team.

Think you have your priorities mixed up.

#1 and #2 are "somehow related to the state of Minnesota" and "buddies with Haysey".

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I will take their crappy team in a heartbeat right now..... at least they are putting the puck in the net ....

image.png.80af82b51bcb9485a6d8c36a317caffb.png

Nice post! Stacked up like that you really see the contrast and it's no surprise. The ages of their best vs. the Flyers best, the overpayments but the Flyers' are dumber than theirs. Etc.

And it still doesn't explain what happened to the Flyers. The first 10 games were pretty good and then it quickly started looking like last year all over again.

I didn't expect a SC-favorite out of Philly this year. I did hope we'd see progress not more regression.

• Thanks 1