Time to fire the 3 stooges!

Fizz

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Doesn't matter if he is worth it right now not many on the team who are worth their pay checks.

The guy is hurt and hasn't been healthy enough to stay in the lineup so i can really evaluate his play but i know one thing he damn team mates have been worth a shat...so i am worrying about the guys who suck on the ice now.

Im totally on board with your POV here. Often times on this forum, our negative emotions are connected to projecting an outcome of a player at the end of his contract. I personally don't focus on this very much. many of our players who are "affordable" suck. So they currently aren't worth what they are being paid. As for Hayes, I dont watch him play with an attached dollar sign. I think he has been good at times, enough that I that that play could be consistent. So I hope he gets healthy and can get back to a solid level. And hey, he's good in the room. In Flyer world that worth every dollar a guy gets

• Like 2

i really think everyone has to take a deep breath and try to look at the positives instead of negatives because everyone was expecting that this year was a cup or bust, i didnt, to be honest with you, i expected this team to be 500 team at best because there's too many problems from the defenseman and the forwards. chuck started by fixing the d last offseason and fixing carter hart and that's been better this year than last year, that's a positive and now this offseason, chuck will focus on forwards and try to upgrade the offense.

you cant fix the whole team in one offseason not on a flat cap. it worked in 07 because we alot of cap and picks to move to improve the roster.

i think the front office knew this wasnt going to take one offseason to fix this, that's why they are not making moves. now they want to see how bad forwards are. that's probably why they didnt make any huge moves to the forwards, they want to see what they have before they start retooling the forwards which is probably going to happen at the deadline and the offseason not now though. not many teams are going to let go players right now.

firing coaches and gms arent going to do anything either, you dont want to be the buffalo sabres of changing out gms and coaches every couple of years and expect cup results, you have to have a plan and stick with it because you dont want to bring in another gm that has a different way of building and that will screw things up more especially the chemistry on the roster.

im saying we have to be patient or else we make the wrong moves firing this guy and that guy and we end up like the buffalo sabres of suckage for 15 years. that's why the wild were never bad because they had a plan and they stuck with it. heck maybe we will be better next year if you at least give a chuck a chance.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

the question here, how? Seriously, who wants this guy, at that price? You might have to add something to sweeten the deal, and we are running out of sugar

Simple answer is retain salary for next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Im totally on board with your POV here. Often times on this forum, our negative emotions are connected to projecting an outcome of a player at the end of his contract. I personally don't focus on this very much. many of our players who are "affordable" suck. So they currently aren't worth what they are being paid. As for Hayes, I dont watch him play with an attached dollar sign. I think he has been good at times, enough that I that that play could be consistent. So I hope he gets healthy and can get back to a solid level. And hey, he's good in the room. In Flyer world that worth every dollar a guy gets

Hayes just doesn't produce enough for me offensively, to be the fairly high paid second line center, that AV and CF want him to be.

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

i really think everyone has to take a deep breath and try to look at the positives instead of negatives because everyone was expecting that this year was a cup or bust, i didnt, to be honest with you, i expected this team to be 500 team at best because there's too many problems from the defenseman and the forwards. chuck started by fixing the d last offseason and fixing carter hart and that's been better this year than last year, that's a positive and now this offseason, chuck will focus on forwards and try to upgrade the offense.

you cant fix the whole team in one offseason not on a flat cap. it worked in 07 because we alot of cap and picks to move to improve the roster.

Fletcher fixed the D last year, eh?

22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:
37 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Fletcher fixed the D last year, eh?

Fixed. Like a dog.

You are not far off .....I was just discussing the state of the Flyers with a co-worker last evening and your comment is spot on.  He flat out said, it makes no difference who the player is, but for whatever reason, many players soon have their skill set neutered by this organization ...... So when I saw your comment, I just chuckled .....

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

I think if you retain $4M you can get an asset.

I'm fine with giving him away for free. I'm just scared what Fletch would throw in to move him. 

I also don't want Fletcher involved with trading anyone with value. 

13 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Glad we fixed the D last year.  Can't wait to see how they fix the forwards next year.

Well if someone doesn't get fired after this debacle, there really is no hope.

Benning and Green fired for being totally inept in Vancouver.

Looks like the powers that be have replacements for Fletcher and Vignault.

Now...can you guys in Philly start throwing your jerseys on the ice?

Edited by flyercanuck