Malcom Subban to the Sabres: PLAN THE PARADE!!

Buffalo decided that they didnt have enough career AHL goalies in Aaron Dell, Dustin Tokarski and broke down veteran washed up Craig Anderson so they reached deep into the AHL, getting Subban from the Hawks for future considerations which will probably be half a dozen used warm up pucks and a spit bottle.  That might be a bit of an overpayment.

Actually that is kind of mean of me, truth is Subban is more of an NHL goalie than anyone else on the roster, I actually saw him play in Columbus, arguably his best game ever, the CBJ won 1-0 as Bob shut the Knights down. It was my birthday three or four years ago, the wife and I and my daughter went, she traded up her tickets and had us killer seats two rows off the visitor bench. Subban was awesome that game I think it was Duclair who beat him (I think, at least I remember Duclair having multiple breakaways) but Subban was fantastic. Problem is he usually follows a game like that with a stinker and then one where he is meh. He is consistent, consistently inconsistent, lol.

Anyway, an upgrade of sorts, I guess. Subban is always a guy who I root for, opposite of his brother, you never here of him doing stupid crap. Hope he has a good season.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like Buffalo is trying to do something, anything to just keep some semblance of a team that can be competitive on a nightly basis because some of their skaters are having pretty decent seasons so far. 

If that means digging into the AHL Archives and running a different guy out there all the time just to see who, if any, can stick, all while the 'savior' Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen continues to simmer until well done, then so be it.

I too agree that Malcolm Subban is probably the best of what they have now in their goalie collection at the NHL level, but then again, at age 27 and having failed to establish himself with any of his previous 3 NHL teams, the Sabres should probably just keep their eyes peeled for any other goalies they might wanna audition while they wait for what hopefully is their answer in Luukkonen.

Subban, like Tokarski, Dell, and yes, even Anderson, is probably going to be good in short bursts, and any prolonged exposure of any of these guys to regular NHL lineups is asking for trouble.
And this is in NO WAY meant as a slight to Craig Anderson who had been a fantastic starting goalie for many years before age began robbing him of his skillsets and speed.

Anderson may be a 'has been', but that is ALWAYS better than the 'never were' that Tokarski and Dell are, and from the looks of it, unless he can change that around as a very late bloomer, Malcolm Subban.

So yea, Buffalo....keep that goalie conga line going. Still a LOT of season ya gotta cover! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, he's already had New England chowdaa, Vegas steaks, and Chicago deep dish pizza, I am sure he is looking forward to some good seafood :shifty:

Not sure you can call Applebee’s seafood, good seafood 😏

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Anyone know if Subban likes halibut? 

Bravo! Post of the night!!!! LOL 😂 

25 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Not sure you can call Applebee’s seafood, good seafood 😏

its deep fried like wings! …. 😉

• Thanks 1