AV fired!

Samifan

25 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Yeo new interim HC

Hall of Fame coach Paul Holmgren not available?

I look forward to the utterly inept players who quit (again) turning it around...

Edited by radoran
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

I think this is desperation.  The talent isn't there, even upon return of the walking wounded.  This is grim. I feel badly for AV.  Yes, he will get salary and a likely rehire at some point.  But I think he was committed to bringing a Cup.  I don't think he had the horses to get there, and neither will his successor.  

Perversely, I hope the team continues to implode.  Maybe we pray and get a gamechanger in the draft.  Along those lines--time to go the Buffalo route and try to get picks and avoid the temptation to keep Risto aboard.

So....we fix goaltending for the first time in ages...to what end.  Really strange.

Best to all,

Howie

Risto needs to be a deadline trade (or similar for similar purposes).

Anyone else we're able to dump:  JVR, Giroux, Atkinson, Ellis, Braun, Jones.   Doesn't matter.   Get it done.

While we're dumping, make sure to dump complete dead-weight:   Holmgren, Clarke, Scott, Fletcher, Yeo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

While we're dumping, make sure to dump complete dead-weight:   Holmgren, Clarke, Scott, Fletcher, Yeo.

Don't forget to dump Comcast. Even if they're a slight part of this, they're a part of it.

• Like 1

In the decade on this board, I've never felt sadder.  The franchise has hit a new low.  The players should be ashamed, perhaps more than management.  

At least Yeo has origins outside the organization.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Sad 4

Just now, Howie58 said:

The players should be ashamed and saddened, perhaps more than management.  

Management picks the players. So, to me, *Flyers management should be more ashamed that they can't assemble a successful hockey team. They might as well have picked a GM, a team president and scouts that started watching the NHL last year, FWIW.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Samifan said:

AV and Therrien fired. Yeo new interim HC

This so completely sucks.  

And i could care less about either one of them (especially Therrien, who was a terrible hire to begin with).  It's more about the fact this changes absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

In the decade on this board, I've never felt sadder.  The franchise has hit a new low.  The players should be ashamed, perhaps more than management.  

At least Yeo has origins outside the organization.  

That's pretty much how I feel.   I'm actually saddened by this.   Because I feel like clearly the wrong guy took the fall at the hands of the people who should be blamed.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Management picks the players. So, to me, *Flyers management should be more ashamed that they can't assemble a successful hockey team. They might as well have picked a GM, a team president and scouts that started watching the NHL last year, FWIW.

Yes, there is much truth to your post.  I suspect any three or four of us would do a better job than the "experts" running the show.  When you start seeing ads with urinals...it's time to run scared, very f....ing scared.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Flyers management should be more ashamed that they can't assemble a successful hockey team

I am amused you think they could feel shame when it was clearly the coach's fault.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

This so completely sucks.  

And i could care less about either one of them (especially Therrien, who was a terrible hire to begin with).  It's more about the fact this changes absolutely nothing.

Maybe while the Avs are in town, we can trade Giroux for Newhook and a 1st. lol

• Like 3

I will say with all that has been invested with Hayes and his boys i really didn't think they had the balls to do this so soon in the season despite the losing streak.

I'd rather have Tocchet than Yeo that is for sure. So who is left on Yeo's staff??

• Like 1

Lots of real hard feelings in here today. Rightfully so. Probably ly the first time I have agreed with every post. Maybe Pods will barge in and break the streak :hyper:

I sincerely hope this is the first domino

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 2

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Maybe while the Avs are in town, we can trade Giroux for Newhook and a 1st. lol

If the AVS are that braindead, make it happen.

EDIT:  Actually, if they're in  "win now" and can make the cap hit happen, maybe they do that.

Edited by ruxpin