AV fired!

Samifan

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Serious question.  If Hitch is interested, would you bring him back?

1.  No

2. Hell no

3. A side order of no.

Just now, Digityman said:

No more retreads.   

Or golf pros.

Did I mention no?

And can we stop for a minute with the defensive coaches?    Can we go find an offense-first coach?   I know, defense wins playoffs.   But if we're going to lose no matter what we do, can we make it at least entertaining in a momentary-gratification kind of way?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Because I am wondering whether he knew what he was doing or got lucky.  He went in 5th round.  Very unlike Fletcher, unless, again, he simply hit a dumb luck.

I would venture to guess he got lucky...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Why would he want to come back?  He had his time here .....and remember we all bitched and moaned that he did not play the younger players.  What do you think would happen this time around ......

OK, but that was a completely different team... a team full of veterans like Recchi, Primeau, Roenick, Zhamnov, etc.  This would be a drastically different situation he would be walking into.  Not saying he would be the right fit for this team or the team would be the right fit for him.  But I don't know who at this point can coach this mess.

This will change nothing. This run of mediocrity or worse goes back to 2012 and since then there has been Berube. Hakstol. AV. So three coaches, same ****.

Over that same time 5 players have been with Flyers: Giroux, Coots, Laughton. Ghost. Vorachek…. Ghost and Vorachek are gone. 

Also over that same period we have had three GMs… Homer, Hextall and Fletcher. 

Over that time … two owners Ed Snyder and Comcast 

So not sure anything will change until the common threads of mediocrity are eliminated 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

This will change nothing.

Yep. Because of the rest left around.

Fletcher said his focus is not to rush to hire a head coach. Said he hasn't begun any process.

So as we see he is still around....so search for a different deck chair is under way.

I feel warm and fuzzy inside now....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

OK, but that was a completely different team.

totally agree .....

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

This would be a drastically different situation he would be walking into.

absolutely ....he would literally be walking into a dumpster  fire...

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Not saying he would be the right fit for this team or the team would be the right fit for him.

IMHO ...he should just keep walking ....

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I don't know who at this point can coach this mess.

Sadly nobody knows and that is a major problem .....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Serious question.  If Hitch is interested, would you bring him back?

IMO no, Hitch is old school and old school no longer works in the new NHL.

The new HNL is a faster puck possession game, the dump and chase dose not work anymore.

You need set plays for zone break out and zone entry. The days of players freestyling plays are over, unless you are Connor McDavid.

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

This will change nothing. This run of mediocrity or worse goes back to 2012 and since then there has been Berube. Hakstol. AV. So three coaches, same ****.

Over that same time 5 players have been with Flyers: Giroux, Coots, Laughton. Ghost. Vorachek…. Ghost and Vorachek are gone. 

Also over that same period we have had three GMs… Homer, Hextall and Fletcher. 

Over that time … two owners Ed Snyder and Comcast 

So not sure anything will change until the common threads of mediocrity are eliminated 

Interestingly enough, since his departure from the Flyers, Berube won the Cup with the Blues during his first year.  And since then, the team has been consistently one of the favorites to win the Cup.  Hmmmm..... Why do I think it's gotta be something different than a coach?

• Like 3

This makes zero sense...

"I don't know that (he lost the locker room)," Chuck Fletcher said of Alain Vigneault. "I do know that he tried ... Right now, I think a new voice is needed."

...ok so why make the change then??? Seems they are just pulling sh it out their asses now.

If he didn't lose the room and WTF happened his game plan just suddenly stopped working the NHL had figured them out??

No the inmates are running the asylum....and i don't think you will ever get a respectable coach here again with Claude Giroux is it's Captain...he alone has been the one constant since 2010.

He is the only one left from that era....why are we waiting to ship him out??

One year left on his deal seems like the perfect way to start this thing off....find him a new address.

Then you can maybe give Coots the C since they are stuck with him now...

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Good Post 2

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

AV and Therrien fired. Yeo new interim HC

Though nobody likes to get fired, I'm sure there is a sense of relief for AV. He no longer has to deal with Captain Quitsalot and his sidekick, Sean Inevergetinthecornerfirst Couturier. I wish you luck AV. Dysfunction in Flyer Junction, part 27. What a **** show.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This makes zero sense...

"I don't know that (he lost the locker room)," Chuck Fletcher said of Alain Vigneault. "I do know that he tried ... Right now, I think a new voice is needed."

...ok so why make the change then??? Seems they are just pulling sh it out their asses now.

If he didn't lose the room and WTF happened his game plan just suddenly stopped working the NHL had figured them out??

No the inmates are running the asylum....and i don't think you will ever get a respectable coach here again with Claude Giroux is it's Captain...he alone has been the one constant since 2010.

One year left on his deal seems like the perfect way to start this thing off....find him a new address.

A new voice <> assistant coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This makes zero sense...

IMO that is exactly what happened.

Hear me out now, we started out strong then 10 games in after playing teams a couple times the other teams changed their style to adjust to beat AV's style of play. Just look at the puck possession in the games we lost. pretty mush getting out shot every game. AV never adjusted the playing style of this team.

It all goes back to the playoff bubble year. Played real well until we started playing the same team over and over in a series.

Other coaches learn what it takes to beat us and adjust their teams play to achieve that AV and his coaching minions never changed a thing,

That is why we start hot then it seems like a switch is flipped and we get ice cold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Digityman said:

A new voice <> assistant coach.

ha right? I like that, yeah we needed a new voice, a fresh take. Hey how about that guy? He's been around here for awhile...Perfect!

Well what the hell ANY change is bound to be an improvement at this point. They'll still get pasted tonight but in 2 years.... oh yeah...in 2 years...you just wait they're gonna be awesome!