AV fired!

Samifan

1 minute ago, Fizz said:

IMO that is exactly what happened.

Hear me out now, we started out strong then 10 games in after playing teams a couple times the other teams changed their style to adjust to beat AV's style of play. Just look at the puck possession in the games we lost. pretty mush getting out shot every game. AV never adjusted the playing style of this team.

It all goes back to the playoff bubble year. Played real well until we started playing the same team over and over in a series.

Other coaches learn what it takes to beat us and adjust their teams play to achieve that AV and his coaching minions never changed a thing,

That is why we start hot then it seems like a switch is flipped and we get ice cold.

very plausible ......  not gonna argue you are right or wrong .....  There is a level of stink that goes well beyond AV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

very plausible ......  not gonna argue you are right or wrong .....  There is a level of stink that goes well beyond AV.

Not disagreeing with that at all. It does start at the top, as you know sh** runs down hill and so does a sports teams cancer.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Solid present till i realize Yeo is running the show...yikes.

Finally made 50....now i am officially old right???

This club is such a dumpster fire....spray some more accelerant on it...

Yo yo yo....Happy Birthday!  Me Too! 🎉 😁

Have a good one  :cheers:         

a birthday toast to us and a sip for AV, we hardly knew ye.

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I don't know if "other team adjusted" explains it away - not this huge of a dropoff. Dare I say it's almost like the players wanted to get AV fired. Nah that would never happen...

I think that phrase gets tossed around to often when teams tank. 

I find it hard to believe that they all decided not to play hard just to get AV fired.

They are payed to play at the top of their game and not playing hard can and will effect future contracts.

Plus no one likes to lose and I'm sure this constant losing is weighing hard on the players also.

Yes we are lacking talent in key areas, but when I watch the Flyers play I see a lack of a system. We are not an offensive first team and we are not a defensive first team. A lack of structure and sound game planning leads to players being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

This is all too depressing when I need to get some work done.  We've seen this crap too often. You could be proud of the SCF bunch in '10.  They were outclassed but they fought.  

The Calder Cup nucleus didn't survive to be Cup competitive for 3-5 years.  Holding our Captain out, it was gone pretty quickly.  Since then--twists, turns, Bryz...a few glimmers of hope, but mostly circular mediocrity.  Current management doesn't seem to get the New NHL.  It never will.  As I said last night, bring in Punch Imlach, Fog....probably won't matter.  This outfit will draft and trade for mucker grinders with high hockey IQ......and the usual results.  

Another thought from last night: Leslie Groves as GM. For a chuckle:

Thank God Groves had his hand on designing and building the Pentagon.  Without that, 9-11 would have been much worse.  We need someone like him to get us out of the morass.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Yo yo yo....Happy Birthday!  Me Too! 🎉 😁

Have a good one  :cheers:         

a birthday toast to us and a sip for AV, we hardly knew ye.

Yes. Here is too us!!!

71 was an amazing year!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

This is all too depressing when I need to get some work done.  We've seen this crap too often. You could be proud of the SCF bunch in '10.  They were outclassed but they fought.  

The Calder Cup nucleus didn't survive to be Cup competitive for 3-5 years.  Holding our Captain out, it was gone pretty quickly.  Since then--twists, turns, Bryz...a few glimmers of hope, but mostly circular mediocrity.  Current management doesn't seem to get the New NHL.  It never will.  As I said last night, bring in Punch Imlach, Fog....probably won't matter.  This outfit will draft and trade for mucker grinders with high hockey IQ......and the usual results.  

Another thought from last night: Leslie Groves as GM. For a chuckle:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrC5pZJVK5h4Q8AOTv7w8QF;_ylu=c2VjA3NlYXJjaAR2dGlkAw--;_ylc=X1MDOTY3ODEzMDcEX3IDMgRhY3RuA2NsawRjc3JjcHZpZAN2a29fcGpFd0xqSGNxSzc0WWFvbldnRUFNVE14TGdBQUFBQk5tX1

Thank God Groves had his hand on designing and building the Pentagon.  Without that, 9-11 would have been much worse.  We need someone like him to get us out of our morass.  

Bingo!!

The dinosaurs at the top need to be gone too.

Again I'm not convinced that this team doesn't have the talent to be competitive if put in the right system.

Not enough to be cup contenders but game in and game out, yes I believe they can be.

But till the top is removed it will be status quo.

6 minutes ago, Fizz said:

when I watch the Flyers play I see a lack of a system. We are not an offensive first team and we are not a defensive first team. A lack of structure and sound game planning leads to players being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

I agree with you. Without coordinated attacks and defensive postures the players were left wingin' it. After loss after loss you just sick of it and so - professional contracts notwithstanding - you no longer play hard, you don't fight to win your shifts - you go through the motions but your heart's not in it. That's a recipe for more losing.

I shouldn't have said the players tried to get AV fired, as if it was some decision they made. I meant the way they were playing was bound to get him fired.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I simply cannot wait to see @flyercanuck's take.   LOL

Yay...Fletch gets his old Minny coach back as head coach. Yeehaw.

Now he can sign Risto to a 7 year deal and this team will be completely f***ed for a decade. 

How does upper management NOT want to win?

PS rux...the new avy is soooo fitting for this once proud franchise.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yay...Fletch gets his old Minny coach back as head coach. Yeehaw.

Now he can sign Risto to a 7 year deal and this team will be completely f***ed for a decade. 

How does upper management NOT want to win?

PS rux...the new avy is soooo fitting for this once proud franchise.

I would have "liked" your post, but apparently random posts to say so is so much better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I mean you aren't lying but jesus, could have put it a little nicer.

I would like to have left my initial comment up, but in the interests of community and all that rot...

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1