AV fired!

Samifan

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Sorry to everyone who writes brilliant posts the rest of the day.   Apparently (and inexplicably), there's a limit to the number of reactions you can make in a given day.

EVERYBODY GETS A "GOOD POST" REACTION TODAY!

Happy So Excited GIF

ive learned to save some "likes" for the really good posts. weird, I never run out, except yesterday when we were bashing this snot out of the truckload of turds running this $hit show

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i feel confident he can continue the long standing Flyer tradition of losing streaks

He will be a future Flyers HOF inductee...I guess there is really nothing to get excited about until we hear that Fletcher is fired and the new GM traded or bought out all the older guys with big contracts.  If we start the true rebuild now, we should only have to wait 5 more years to be a contender.

15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

yes.

If AV was fired for being unable to win with a mediocre team, then Fletcher should also go. He is the one that built this mess and gave up alot of picks/players ....all this was done just to be as bad as we were last year. 

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh I think plenty of Wild fans warned us...but I also know some of us already knew.

Not to be a total dick, but him warning us about something we have no control over is about as useful as pissing up a frozen rope

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Here we have Chuckles introducing his next "new and improved" coaching group...

F-ck yeah! K9 po-po's! CoachX is totally on board with this. Puppy knows what's up. !He squeezed off a Laughton

Edited by CoachX

Doubtful anything really changes, but Fletcher could not sit this one out.  Had to happen.  Look forward to AV having success with another team.  Therrien should never coach another NHL game. 

Anyhoo...organization is boring and irrelevant at this point, in need of an enema and flushing of leadership in all areas.  Players aren't as good as they, or we, think they are.

After what happened after he lost his job in STL, it would be a great story if Yeo could win a Cup having taken over the reigns in the middle of the season.  Probably will happen with the next team he coaches after this group manages to get him fired, too.

Edited by vis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

If AV was fired for being unable to win with a mediocre team, then Fletcher should also go. He is the one that built this mess and gave up alot of picks/players ....all this was done just to be as bad as we were last year. 

There’s a reason the Wild got rid of Fletcher 

• Like 1

Don't mean to start a debate, but this also isn't all of the Fletcher's fault.  Clarke and Holmgren decimated the organization by handing out ****** contracts to aging vets and disregarding player development.  Hextall failed to make trades, properly evaluate and develop prospects and kept Hakstol beyond his usefulness (which was zero, frankly, since shortly after he got here).  Fletcher, not sure what to think.  Glad he doesn't sit on his hands like Hextall.  I don't dislike the moves he's made in the aggregate, but not so sure the parts fit.

• Good Post 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Solid present till i realize Yeo is running the show...yikes.

Finally made 50....now i am officially old right???

This club is such a dumpster fire....spray some more accelerant on it...

Happy Birthday!!!

You're still a baby to me 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vis said:

Don't mean to start a debate, but this also isn't all of the Fletcher's fault.  Clarke and Holmgren decimated the organization by handing out ****** contracts to aging vets and disregarding player development.  Hextall failed to make trades, properly evaluate and develop prospects and kept Hakstol beyond his usefulness (which was zero, frankly, since shortly after he got here).  Fletcher, not sure what to think.  Glad he doesn't sit on his hands like Hextall.  I don't dislike the moves he's made in the aggregate, but not so sure the parts fit.

good debate points,but in the end, the proof is in the poo at center ice (k9 reference)

the team is horrible. No coach will win with this lineup. They could get better, but only marginally. And no help is in sight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

good debate points,but in the end, the proof is in the poo at center ice (k9 reference)

the team is horrible. No coach will win with this lineup. They could get better, but only marginally. And no help is in sight

Agree, but not all of that is on Fletcher.

Been waiting for this to happen for the last month. Can we please stop dropping the puck back for 6 or 8 passes before even attempting to enter the zone? Silly little things like that drove me insane…..probably why we have more short handed goals than pp. At least it feels this way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Been waiting for this to happen for the last month. Can we please stop dropping the puck back for 6 or 8 passes before even attempting to enter the zone? Silly little things like that drove me insane…..probably why we have more short handed goals than pp. At least it feels this way.

Agreed on what you're seeing, but that ain't the coach.

• Like 2