AV fired!

Samifan

10 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Then who the hell is it then?

That behavior is the players. It's exactly what they did before AV's arrival and they're doing it still.  They did it differently out of camp because they were listening to the coach, but that takes work.

The problem--to repeat for the dimwitted--is still here and is much higher.

One just got inexplicably enshrined in the hall of fame.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That behavior is the players. It's exactly what they did before AV's arrival and they're doing it still.  They did it differently out of camp because they were listening to the coach, but that takes work.

The problem--to repeat for the dimwitted--is still here and is much higher.

One just got inexplicably enshrined in the hall of fame.

You are wrong. It is a coached way to break into the offensive zone. If AV didn't approve of the players doing it he would have put a stop to it. That is what coaches do. Do you think they just stand behind the bench in suits and let the players have a free for all on the ice?

They draw up plays and its the players responsibility to put these plays into action.

Players don't free for all.

I guarantee AV approved the drop pass zone entry, whether it works or not that is on the players.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not to change the subject but...

....Hart is only 23 and is already going on what his 4th coach if you count Gordon.

Something else that's simply nuts.  

But, it's all good now because it was all AV. Even when Hakstol was here, it was AV.

• Like 1

Watching the game tonight. Why, I don't know. Like train wrecks I suppose. Anyway, noticing Yeo behind the bench.  The guy looks petrified. Lost. No confidence. Even my 9-year old son noted it.  This does not bode well. 

Edited by OH1FlyersFan
Misspelling

You know..... usually when a new coach comes in, the team *at least* starts showing some sense of urgency and is playing with energy.  But alas, not this team.  I realize the Avs is one of the best teams in the league, but Christ... you are playing at home, for a new coach, against the goalie named Justus Annunen, and you are getting outshot and outhustled (especially in their own zone) like they just don't care...  

And Couturier still plays like he just doesn't want to be there.  I really don't know what's wrong with him.  Only last year he was winning just about every single loose puck battle.  And tonight, he makes Nazem Kadri look like MacDavid.  

Edited by Mad Dog
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

And Couturier still plays like he just doesn't want to be there.  I really don't know what's wrong with him. 

While I am seeing a different game than you are obviously - lol - I have to agree with you here. I'm not sure what's going on with him but he's not himself, period.

I don't know how  you can say they're getting outhustled - JUST CLOSED IT TO A 1-GOAL GAME btw!! - because the first 2 periods the possession time, esp in the 2nd favored the Flyers.

But maybe you're focussing on the D and there I agree 100% - they look just as lost on D as ever. But the offense has come alive and it isn't puck luck it's been hard work and puck support.

31 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

You know..... usually when a new coach comes in, the team *at least* starts showing some sense of urgency and is playing with energy.  But alas, not this team.  I realize the Avs is one of the best teams in the league, but Christ... you are playing at home, for a new coach, against the goalie named Justus Annunen, and you are getting outshot and outhustled (especially in their own zone) like they just don't care...  

And Couturier still plays like he just doesn't want to be there.  I really don't know what's wrong with him.  Only last year he was winning just about every single loose puck battle.  And tonight, he makes Nazem Kadri look like MacDavid.  

Strange, it's almost like it's not about effort. 

It's almost like the players aren't good enough. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Solid present till i realize Yeo is running the show...yikes.

Finally made 50....now i am officially old right???

This club is such a dumpster fire....spray some more accelerant on it...

Happy birthday OccamsRazor, welcome to the 50 and over club.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

I have changed my opinion on Flyer management. I think they are geniuses. Continually mismanaging assets, being the laziest team in a 32 team league, going out of your way every day to galvanize the loyal fan base against them, changing coaches every other year yet never holding the players accountable, and still the suits at comcast sign the cheques and deliver the money every week. It's a brilliant business model. Never get better, never give a s***, get paid . I'm in. I have sent my job application.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

While I am seeing a different game than you are obviously - lol - I have to agree with you here. I'm not sure what's going on with him but he's not himself, period.

I don't know how  you can say they're getting outhustled - JUST CLOSED IT TO A 1-GOAL GAME btw!! - because the first 2 periods the possession time, esp in the 2nd favored the Flyers.

But maybe you're focussing on the D and there I agree 100% - they look just as lost on D as ever. But the offense has come alive and it isn't puck luck it's been hard work and puck support.

they have to do a complete rebuild, overhaul the coaching staff/gm. let the coach and gm work together and pick his own players from the free agency aka kraken/vegas to fit his system with hart as the goalie. it's working for the kraken and vegas, maybe we should do it, get George McPhee if he's interested in becoming the gm again or go after darche director of tampa bay's hockey operations and bring one either one of the assistant coaches from tampa or his ahl team benoit groulx from the syracuse crunch.

we need a complete different approach, no more former flyers.

Edited by tucson83

Interestingly enough, there is a decent read in the Inquirer that hits on some good points.    Here's some excerpts from that article:  

From 2004 through 2012, the Flyers drafted five players, just five, who made any sustained and substantive contributions for them. In ‘04, they picked 11 players who have appeared in a combined 23 NHL games. In ‘09, they drafted six players who appeared in 47 NHL games. In ‘10, the six players they drafted ended up suiting up in 36 total games in orange-and-black.

Those five draftees who did stick were James van Riemsdyk, Claude Giroux, Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere, and Scott Laughton....

The last 10 years have been better, but only marginally. The Flyers’ most successful draft picks — Ivan Provorov, Travis Konecny, Carter Hart — have shown glimpses of greatness but have been inconsistent. Travis Sanheim and Robert Hägg … OK. Oskar Lindblom and Sam Morin were victims of terrible luck and fortune. The organization is still waiting on Morgan Frost. German Rubtsov, the Flyers’ first-round selection in 2016, has played just four games for them. The team was fortunate to get the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 draft. It was a chance to grab a superstar. Nolan Patrick, instead, was a bust, a missed opportunity. The three players who went directly after Patrick that year? Miro Heiskanen, Cale Makar, and Elias Pettersson, all of whom have been All-Stars by this point. Of the 26 players the Flyers selected over the last four drafts, 2018 through 2021, just two have appeared in a game for them. One is Joel Farabee. The other is Cam York, who has appeared in three.

Some might call for the players "to be better" or the coaches to have a "better system", the blame (as many have rightfully said) is squarely on management and their decisions.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

I have changed my opinion on Flyer management. I think they are geniuses. Continually mismanaging assets, being the laziest team in a 32 team league, going out of your way every day to galvanize the loyal fan base against them, changing coaches every other year yet never holding the players accountable, and still the suits at comcast sign the cheques and deliver the money every week. It's a brilliant business model. Never get better, never give a s***, get paid . I'm in. I have sent my job application.

Brilliant!!!   (we really need a sarcasm font for your post ..... LOL)

34 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Interestingly enough, there is a decent read in the Inquirer that hits on some good points.    Here's some excerpts from that article:  

From 2004 through 2012, the Flyers drafted five players, just five, who made any sustained and substantive contributions for them. In ‘04, they picked 11 players who have appeared in a combined 23 NHL games. In ‘09, they drafted six players who appeared in 47 NHL games. In ‘10, the six players they drafted ended up suiting up in 36 total games in orange-and-black.

Those five draftees who did stick were James van Riemsdyk, Claude Giroux, Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere, and Scott Laughton....

The last 10 years have been better, but only marginally. The Flyers’ most successful draft picks — Ivan Provorov, Travis Konecny, Carter Hart — have shown glimpses of greatness but have been inconsistent. Travis Sanheim and Robert Hägg … OK. Oskar Lindblom and Sam Morin were victims of terrible luck and fortune. The organization is still waiting on Morgan Frost. German Rubtsov, the Flyers’ first-round selection in 2016, has played just four games for them. The team was fortunate to get the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 draft. It was a chance to grab a superstar. Nolan Patrick, instead, was a bust, a missed opportunity. The three players who went directly after Patrick that year? Miro Heiskanen, Cale Makar, and Elias Pettersson, all of whom have been All-Stars by this point. Of the 26 players the Flyers selected over the last four drafts, 2018 through 2021, just two have appeared in a game for them. One is Joel Farabee. The other is Cam York, who has appeared in three.

Some might call for the players "to be better" or the coaches to have a "better system", the blame (as many have rightfully said) is squarely on management and their decisions.  

Can't argue at all with what you posted ......

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

The three players who went directly after Patrick that year? Miro Heiskanen, Cale Makar, and Elias Pettersson

Man one of those players would have helped a lot...you get a free pick and still fcuk it up.

UNREAL.

Miro or Makar would look very very good skating alongside Ivan...

:rage:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1