Flyers at the trade deadline

flyercanuck

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

When did this turn into a Rangers thread?

It's not ....question was posed how did the Rangers get their draft picks and cap room ....easier to screen shot than type ....

now back to our regularly scheduled programming .....

On 12/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, pilldoc said:

now back to our regularly scheduled programming .....

Just one word is needed for a Flyers' TD thread: SELL

Sell sell sell.

Sure would be nice if Fletcher was fired and the old guard (BC, PH) finally put out to pasture...but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So we just have to hope Fletcher gets lucky despite himself. It could happen...they say anything can happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Just one word is needed for a Flyers' TD thread: SELL

Sell sell sell.

Yes....sell the franchise to an ownership that isn't nepotistic and naive, about how they run the franchise. Snider began this way of running his franchise, and it has continued. You know what it takes? The fans saying "We've had enough of this crap!" That's the only way I see the fortunes of this Flyers franchise, changing.

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You know what it takes? The fans saying "We've had enough of this crap!"

So since I last looked at the attendance figures: https://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Flyers are now below 90% (89.7%) - down about .5% in the last couple weeks.

And they don't have any COVID restrictions (Montreal just dropped from over 100% to 87.7% because, obviously, they didn't have anybody at yesterday's game).

This is the lowest it has been, probably ever... Hextall got fired when it dropped to 98%. In 2019-20 it was 94% as COVID began to hit.

Edited by radoran

1 hour ago, radoran said:

So since I last looked at the attendance figures: https://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Flyers are now below 90% (89.7%) - down about .5% in the last couple weeks.

And they don't have any COVID restrictions (Montreal just dropped from over 100% to 87.7% because, obviously, they didn't have anybody at yesterday's game).

This is the lowest it has been, probably ever... Hextall got fired when it dropped to 98%. In 2019-20 it was 94% as COVID began to hit.

They'll just lie to themselves and say it is because of covid is all nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

They'll just lie to themselves and say it is because of covid is all nothing to see here.

When nothing changes, and the COVID excuses are over next season...this, seen below, will be my 2022-23 slogan for next season. To quote Eddie Murphy "The best way you hurt rich people is by turning them into poor people". No one with a decent knowledge and understanding of hockey, should attend games until the franchise changes its ways.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Or the injuries, or the schedule, or I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! LOCUSTS!

Montreal (before yesterday), Tampa, Tronno, Washington, Vancouver, Vegas, Boston, Colorado, St. Louis, Islanders, Seattle, Nashville are all playhing to 95% or higher with all but STL, COL, DAL playing to 98% or more.

COVID isn't stopping people from going to those teams, all of which aside from NYI and SEA (who have a new arena and a new team) and MON (who are insane) are having successful seasons...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

Or the injuries, or the schedule, or I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! LOCUSTS!

Montreal (before yesterday), Tampa, Tronno, Washington, Vancouver, Vegas, Boston, Colorado, St. Louis, Islanders, Seattle, Nashville are all playhing to 95% or higher with all but STL, COL, DAL playing to 98% or more.

COVID isn't stopping people from going to those teams, all of which aside from NYI and SEA (who have a new arena and a new team) and MON (who are insane) are having successful seasons...

Or my favorite...

...the Lumina wouldn't crank....

:BrownBag:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, radoran said:

haha right... "IT WASN'T MY FAULT I SWEAR TO GOD!!"

that movie never gets old.

On the attendance jeez I didn't think the Flyers' numbers were that bad...if they stay at ~90% much longer heads will roll. Well, not "heads" of course it'll be Fletcher's and that's it. But that's a good start.

Driving Away Fans In Droves...Way To Go Flyers!

• Uggh... 1

54 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

On the attendance jeez I didn't think the Flyers' numbers were that bad...

I'm trying to tell people that the City is just not giving a rat's posterior about hockey these days.

At best it is derisive dismissal on sports talk. If they mention it at all...

I see few and far between logos on hats, shirts, or jackets. I used to be one. I'm not. Shopping I see EAGLES then Phillies/Sixers and the only Flyers stuff is Gritty.

Even midway into this legendary decade I was a partial season ticket holder. Haven't bought a ticket really since.

The team is bad and boring...

Edited by radoran

13 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Well, not "heads" of course it'll be Fletcher's and that's it. But that's a good start.

Oh I'm sure they'll find another friend of the family who will gladly be their puppet on a string if ever Chuckles has to fall on the blade for the brass.

I will never be convinced a true change is coming till the upper management is cleaned out otherwise no matter whomever they still choose you will be still putting lipstick on a pig....

19 hours ago, radoran said:

I see few and far between logos on hats, shirts, or jackets. I used to be one. I'm not. Shopping I see EAGLES then Phillies/Sixers and the only Flyers stuff is Gritty.

and that may be the Flyers only hope, their saving grace. The indifference accounts for the dismal ticket sales, which directly impacts what owners care about most: profits. Where they really rake it in, where the margins are truly obscene, are the merchandise and concession sales. A 98% attendance rate vs a 95% rate means major lost revenue. That has to be first order of business at Comcast meetings involving the Flyers, trying to figure out why fans aren't buying what they're selling.

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

A 98% attendance rate vs a 95% rate means major lost revenue. That has to be first order of business at Comcast meetings involving the Flyers, trying to figure out why fans aren't buying what they're selling.

They had just dumped a TON of money into making more opportunities for fans to spend money when the attendance dropped under Hextall - to 98% - and they fired him...

• Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

They had just dumped a TON of money into making more opportunities for fans to spend money when the attendance dropped under Hextall - to 98% - and they fired him...

So they make the arena a beautiful place to see the team play ... except that nobody wants to see the team play. Brilliant.

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

So they make the arena a beautiful place to see the team play ... except that nobody wants to see the team play. Brilliant.

It was more like making it easier and more convenient to buy alcohol...

And then they made people want to drink...