Game 27: Devils at Flyers; 12/14/21 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

We are a mild favorite (-139) despite facing Mackenzie Blackwood (9-2-0 lifetime against the Flyers).  We lost 3-0 in the last matchup.  

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/new-jersey-devils-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-12-14-2021-nhl-picks-best-bets-odds.html

This is a test case post-AV--we have lost both games to Jersey this season.  Will Yeo get a different outcome? 

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

This is a test case post-AV--we have lost both games to Jersey this season.  Will Yeo get a different outcome?

I think if you lean more away from the dump and chase the better their chances are.

Never been a fan of the dump in - especially when you don't have the guys to go in and get it.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

Some good news for a change.

Wade Allison is back in action and turning heads

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/12/13/22831416/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-prospects-lehigh-valley-phantoms-wade-allison-film-study-analysis?utm_campaign=madelinecampbll&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Yeah not ready yet but soon - lord knows this team needs more guys who can puck the puck in that square netty thingy.

All the help is needed... 

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Some good news for a change.

Wade Allison is back in action and turning heads

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/12/13/22831416/nhl-philadelphia-flyers-prospects-lehigh-valley-phantoms-wade-allison-film-study-analysis?utm_campaign=madelinecampbll&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Yeah not ready yet but soon - lord knows this team needs more guys who can puck the puck in that square netty thingy.

All the help is needed... 

The kid really looks like he could be a sparkplug of a player for the team if he can only stay healthy.

• Like 1

Although it feels like 5 years ago, he was the reason the end of the season last year was watchable.  It might be time to give Oscar a rest for a few games when Wade is ready.   I really like Oscar but he's completely invisible out there.  2pts in 25g.    Ellis has 5pts in 4g, Brown has 3pts in 11g.    It's time to give him a few games in the press box.  Hopefully that kickstarts him a bit.

• Like 1

Hoping for the return of Wade Allison tells me ALL I need to know about this team and the "bang" we're getting for our buck.....

We're icing G, Coots, Hayes, Atkinson, TK, Farabee, and (gulp) JVR for a mere "Quadrillion dollars" and we're hoping for some added spunk from Wade.... A guy I had never heard of 10 months ago....Yikes!

He was fun as hell to watch last year though! :)

• Like 4

Flyers playing like a different team since the various hash tags involving brown bags went viral over the weekend, lol

#BagItToBroad

#BagsOnBroad
#BroadStreetBag

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Holy hell, who are the guys impersonating the Flyers tonight?

They're playing like the better team - and they are a better team than the Devils.

There's a jump in the step that's been missing.

It's good to see, but still a long way from being a competitive team with some of the top teams in the league.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Flyers playing like a different team since the various hash tags involving brown bags went viral over the weekend, lol

#BagItToBroad

#BagsOnBroad
#BroadStreetBag

Shame works, good to know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

They're playing like the better team - and they are a better team than the Devils.

There's a jump in the step that's been missing.

It's good to see, but still a long way from being a competitive team with some of the top teams in the league.

i mean if they make the playoffs, that's fine, i just hope the front office acknowledges that we need more talent on this roster.

10 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i mean if they make the playoffs, that's fine, i just hope the front office acknowledges that we need more talent on this roster.

Another poster said that to have a 50% chance at the playoffs they kind of need to win 2 of every 3 games from here on. There were statistical analysis it was based on regarding the teams they need to get past to make it happen.

This could just be another "hopeful sign" in what has been a decade of "hopeful signs."

Happy, as always, to be wrong...

57 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

If they make the playoffs Mike Yeo is coach of the year. Lol

Sorry, I just don't see this team making it.

Yeah they played good tonight but have they showed anything all year that would make you think they can keep it up?

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Morgan Frost injured, and won’t return.

Pulled because of covid protocols. I guess that means he tested positive. Not injured though. 

Was this game an illusion, or are we starting to see the effects of non AV coaching????

• Thanks 1